HWBOT Community Forums

The official Old School is Best School Season 4 Round 1 thread

TASOS

<blockquote><span style="font-weight:bold;">max1024 said: </span>.... Some problems at the start, why did not anyone check everything in advance?</blockquote><br/>

<br/>

The validation "problem" is my fault.<br/>

<br/>

You can blame me.

If we find the safe and reliable way it would also be useful for the next competitions. In any case, the photo is mandatory.

It's horrible. Make normal wallpaper and not those that are made in Word :( With a cassette tape recorder is much better :)

I'm with you on this one max !!!

I did propose for a live wallpaper for this OSIBS ... but they didnt listen.

Maybe if we can gather some votes , we can still make it happen.

Oh yeahhhh

This is it

https://www.youtube.com/embed/0g7KawdsVSQ

ok , ok , i'm joking

My opinion on verification for this round.

Photo of the system (motherboard used).

Close photo of the cpu used , with all markings visible.

Screenshot with wallpaper including all possible cpuid software (cpuz , aida , crystal cpuid or whatever).

• Crew

It looks like the bugs on socket 7 with CPU-Z have never been fixed. Its totally broken on VIA systems and only half working with aladdin boards.

The issue is that a specific CPU-Z version enabled detecting FSB clock on those systems. But everytime it just shows 100Mhz, despite that the actual speed is different. Therefore are most of those validations wrong. I guess we have some wrong CPU-Z results in the db.

You could try to make your verification with DMI=0 in the CPU-Z ini, which should fix the bug. But Im not sure if you still can validate your result.

But I guess its the only chance we have. Either this works or any stage involving CPU-z will be pretty pointless.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2018 at 5:01 PM, max1024 said:

It's horrible. Make normal wallpaper and not those that are made in Word :( With a cassette tape recorder is much better :) Some problems at the start, why did not anyone check everything in advance?

Wow, we OCers really are a privileged bunch. Out of all the things you could complain about you choose this?