HWBOT Community Forums

The official Old School is Best School Season 4 Round 1 thread

TASOS

Start up date

We need the official wallpaper

... and a better description about limitations (regarding cpu's to be used).

-//-

EDIT

-//-

Reminder from the preparation thread

ROUND 1 - Socket 7 (1997)

Mixed with Intel & AMD cpu's

(All cpu's must be 0.35 micron fabrication).

Desktop cpu's only.

Intel P5 architecture (Pentium MMX series)

AMD K6 architecture (Desktop K6 series)

Stage-1

CPU-Z Validation - Max CPU speed

Stage-2

SuperPI 1M

Stage-3

CPU-Z Validation - Percentage OC %

Edited by TASOS

Hello guys.

I found the following problem today:

I can not save validation file (it also fills the system by default) with versions 1.83, 1.82, 1.81, 1.80 and 1.74 of cpuz with OS win XP (3 different versions) and win 2000 (2 different versions). With version 1.57 it saves correctly but clearly can not be validated.

Hello guys.

I can not save validation file (it also fills the system by default) with versions 1.83, 1.82, 1.81, 1.80 and 1.74 of cpuz with OS win XP (3 different versions) and win 2000 (2 different versions). With version 1.57 it saves correctly but clearly can not be validated.

yes , i have a similar problem , i can save the validation file , but he can not be validated due to a lack of information :/

all of BOT is all over the place like a dogs breakfast, do NOT expect anything to be right until its fixed properly, and then there will still be bugs in it to eliminiante, as far as im concerned all competitions should be put on suspension, explained the rules of hich and what they are, wallpapers, everything done right for once, until it is fixed properly, way less hassle for all concerned, how the hell can you expect to run a competiton/s when BOT itself isnt even running properly, or is that just too much common sense ???, im not trying to have a go boys but this is bloody ridiculous, all youre doing is creating more dramas for yourselves and everyone else with it !!!!

all of BOT is all over the place like a dogs breakfast, do NOT expect anything to be right until its fixed properly, and then there will still be bugs in it to eliminiante, as far as im concerned all competitions should be put on suspension, explained the rules of hich and what they are, wallpapers, everything done right for once, until it is fixed properly, way less hassle for all concerned, how the hell can you expect to run a competiton/s when BOT itself isnt even running properly, or is that just too much common sense ???, im not trying to have a go boys but this is bloody ridiculous, all youre doing is creating more dramas for yourselves and everyone else with it !!!!

I agree with you but we try to help moderators as we can. We know that the organization of the cup is really bad (lack of background, wrong description or conflicting rules, etc.). But if we do as @TASOS did (remember the limitations in the thread) I think it goes on and improves. I do not think moderators do not want to improve things, but if we help, we certainly do first and foremost.

If I remember rightly there was validation problems before today with socket 7 from memory I think it was done on trust or the bench could of been changed

There is a banner on the main competition page with a cassette radio I thought that would of been the background.

I say one of us ask Albrecht or Frederick

• Crew

Short question Im in hurry:

Some sources say AMD k6 model 6 is 0.30µm other say 0.35µm.

CPU-Z itself says its 0.30µm http://hwbot.org/submission/1088820_coooo_cpu_frequency_k6_166mhz_(model_6)_270_mhz

Should we allow K5?

Do you guys agree that photo verification of the CPU together with the used motherboard is mandatory?

Short question Im in hurry:

Some sources say AMD k6 model 6 is 0.30µm other say 0.35µm.

CPU-Z itself says its 0.30µm http://hwbot.org/submission/1088820_coooo_cpu_frequency_k6_166mhz_(model_6)_270_mhz

Should we allow K5?

Do you guys agree that photo verification of the CPU together with the used motherboard is mandatory?

I like the idea of Photo verification.

The K6's I have got are these CPU world says they are both .35um.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K6/AMD-K6%20200%20-%20AMD-K6-200ALR.html

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K6/AMD-K6%20233%20-%20AMD-K6-233ANR.html

Validation seems like the biggest problem at the moment because CPUz wont validate with them we cant submit it.

• Administrators
Hello guys.

Check 1,77 and 1,78 and see if validation still works for the old stuff. If not I would propose someone sends a mail to CPUZ (Franck Delattre)

• Administrators
The validation "problem" is my fault.

You can blame me.

This is a community competition on which a lot of guys who have the systems agrred at making this a stage - let´s blame you and some people on top^^ - please note that on stuff like this you are mostly responsible for checking options yourself, all that want to participate. Simply take this as a fact from someone who has no reason to defend or blame

<blockquote><span style="font-weight:bold;">GRIFF said: </span>Hello guys.<br/>

I found the following problem today:<br/>

I can not save validation file (it also fills the system by default) with versions 1.83, 1.82, 1.81, 1.80 and 1.74 of cpuz with OS win XP (3 different versions) and win 2000 (2 different versions). With version 1.57 it saves correctly but clearly can not be validated.</blockquote><br/>

<br/>

Check 1,77 and 1,78 and see if validation still works for the old stuff. If not I would propose someone sends a mail to CPUZ (Franck Delattre)

Checked but not work with soltek MVP3 board.

tomorrow i can chek vertion for windows 98.

<blockquote><span style="font-weight:bold;">macsbeach98 said: </span>I like the idea of Photo verification.<br/>

</blockquote><br/>

<br/>

Me too<br/>

I believe that it should be obligatory<br/>

<br/>

Anybody tried Aida ?

Tomorrow I try to install AIDA and Sisoft Sandra to see if they give us the most complete information even at the motherboard and ram level.