HWBOT Community Forums

The official Cheapaz Chips Season 3 thread.

GeorgeStorm

• Members

Welcome to Cheapaz Chips Season 3!  (UPDATE ON RULES)

This time round, the target is the AMD Cedar core, and users are expected to mod their cards to push them to the limits in the following benches:

• 3DM11 Entry (graphics score)
  • Heaven Basic
  • 3DMark Skydiver (graphics score)

• 3DMark 06 (Total score counts)

The numbers that matter are the graphics scores (only 06 is total score), not the overall so don't worry if you don't have a beefy cpu, it's all down to the GPU. You may need to disable points for the sub so it doesn't muck up the standard rankings.

The rules:

• Must use a single Cedar based GPU (e.g HD 5450)
  • CPU max. core count of 4. (Disabling cores allowed)
  • CPU Mhz cannot exceed 5003Mhz (freq monitoring via HWINFO, running in the background during the benchmark)
  • Must use the competition background
  • Must include a picture of the modded card and system used for the competition
  • Screenshots should meet general hwbot rules (plus HWINFO monitoring tool showing CPU freqs during the run)
  • All 3DMark scores must include a link with a valid score on 3dmark.com (thus no LOD and co allowed)

Enjoy!

(and if things don't work please let me know)

Edit:

Background can be found here (thanks to @Leeghoofd?

image_id_2166125.jpeg

Edited by GeorgeStorm
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

well one can submit GPU score for this compo and resub total score for normal HWBOT rankings. Now if the majority was for GPU score only, no need to change the rules....

If mods are fine with it I'm fine with it, shouldn't impact hwbot rankings although might lead to reports later 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ok so go GPU score and just disable points maybe that might stop any issues with the standard hwbot ranking.

Also disabling cores is fine, seems like it would increase participation so all good :)

Have edited the OP. People happy now?

Edited by GeorgeStorm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Crew

I hope it is clearer to everyone now:

All benches (besides 3DMark06) require the Graphics score to be submitted. 

Take note that for the Futuremark/UL benches a validation link is mandatory! Plus the score has to be VALID at Futuremark website

edit: changed to submission rules too on the site!!

Edited by Leeghoofd
  • Like 2

• Members

Challengers were run with hwinfo/hwmonitor, I'd go for one or the other to avoid any decimal point issues.

Yes people can cheat, people have always been able to cheat and they always will be able to cheat, but hwbot has survived so far and I don't think this comp will change that :)

Happy to go with hwinfo as @Leeghoofd suggested.