HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge April 2011 thread.

Massman

Don't forget NF4 chipped 754 boards have PCI-E slots for cards.

That's the reason for suggesting two different classes for the PCMark 05 and 3DMark 01 benches.

The "any video card permitted" class would allow the submission of scores earned with PCI-e cards...

While the "limited to AGP and plain PCI video cards" class would not include PCI-e cards.

That way everyone would have a chance to compete on a more level playing field - unless I've missed something there...?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the reason for suggesting two different classes for the PCMark 05 and 3DMark 01 benches.

The "any video card permitted" class would allow the submission of scores earned with PCI-e cards...

While the "limited to AGP and plain PCI video cards" class would not include PCI-e cards.

That way everyone would have a chance to compete on a more level playing field - unless I've missed something there...?

That seems pretty well thought out.

Vin

I see the point you're making here.

As for longer bench runs, again we have two comps already running the 32M Super PI bench and the 1024M WPrime is a suggestion for a longer run.

Here's a thought - A real challenge for this socket would be MaxxMem since 754 doesn't support dual channel RAM.

If you can get a good score there, you've really done something.

lol....

I need to find and fix why series of hardware die asap

Boards who died my hands :

s478 => 7

socket 7 => 1

LGA775 => 1 (ir's normal it was an Acer board :D)

CPUs who died in my hands :

s462 (aka Socket A) => 13

s478 => 1

s370 => 1

s462 CPUs and s478 Boards have a problem with my face

I have been looking at the 462 best scores and the 1st one, I believe is for an Athlon 64 3200+ not a 462 socket. In the description there is a mention to Athlon 64. Also the result might seem a little too high for a 462/ATI9800 combination. Actually correcting the processor will not change any points, it is just to be sure what is the current 462 record for 3d01.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice win PCGH! Also nice to see no less than 3 ancient platform records being smashed.

Here are the new platform records for s939, s370 and s478!

[hwbot=2155953]submission[/hwbot]

[hwbot=2157821]submission[/hwbot]

[hwbot=2162823]submission[/hwbot]