HWBOT Community Forums

The REV4 public test server! (feedback welcome)

Massman

Agree with your list Chris.

Seems to be issues with filters : Hardware Masters League's Filter rankings don't work :/

Btw another filter by team would be nice because I don't see all hw pts even in the personal profile...

Edit: The submissions page area is awefull... scroll, scroll and scroll again :'( It was better by list...

Mandatory field "*" missing in the submission sheats

Edited by Eeky NoX

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R4 not only punishes hardware sharing, but also legitimate similarities.

New and exciting hardware (2500k, 2600k) will have a lot of benchers on a team. Why devalue scores because a team has a lot of them. Large teams will suffer greatly.

Up and coming overclockers will be disillusioned because there scores are not contributing to the team so they will quit.

HWBOT will become stagnate and decline with this new revision.

Most of the positive responses here are from highly experienced elite overclockers. They will become more elite as new entries into team competition will become a thing of the past!

Well, you can always look at it from a different perspective: is it right that a team should be top 10 only because of the number of users, and less because they produce great results?

With the new rev it's important for a team to make sure the members run different stuff, this is very different from what it's like now - but people WILL get used to it. Plus, boints still count 100% for your personal total, that part hasn't been changed.

New and exciting hardware (2500k, 2600k) will have a lot of benchers on a team. Why devalue scores because a team has a lot of them. Large teams will suffer greatly.

You see it wrong!

1. Smaller teams get a chance finally!

2. Big teams can organize attacks on certain rankings where they have no good scores until now

3. cheap and older hardware get's more attractive, also different hardware - I don't see anything negative in that :confused:

Up and coming overclockers will be disillusioned because there scores are not contributing to the team so they will quit.

Overclocking is not really a "team-sport" imo - back in the early days everyone was doing it for their own fun. Sure you have friends which can help you a lot and it is nice to see the team at a top-spot but personally I bench for myself in the first place to compete one-on-one with others. The team-ranking is just a "side-product" for me.

I don't think anybody will quit just because he can't help the team - that is bs - if you like overclocking, you like it for your own purpose!

Most of the positive responses here are from highly experienced elite overclockers. They will become more elite as new entries into team competition will become a thing of the past!

Well the positive response from these guys comes for another reason: rev4 targets the wishes and long-term motivations of guys that have been doing it for years. It brings (back) a lot things into the rankings why people actually have done overclocking for years - global scores together with reward on breaking top scores in popular hardware-classes. Honestly there was nothing I could agree with you in your post :(

It depends on what level you're at, we at Team OCF have gained a ton of members in the last six months because we are a team, and because people can overclock like they enjoy doing, and help us dominate at HWBot.

It's a rather different world further down the ranks than it is at the top I think.

We're more of a team then a collection of individuals.

FYI, although the theoretical balance between powerteam and user contribution to the team total is 10/1, in practice we noticed that it's pretty much 5/5. This means that it's not enough to just have a team with great amount of benchers covering a lot of bases, you'll also need benchers who can hit the high ranks. Both in powerteam global, powerteam hardware, but most certainly also in the user rankings.

Fyi, having a lot of 2600K submissions isn't completely pointless. It's just that every user contribution that is not the best of the team in that specific ranking has 1/10th of the effect that it has today. Keep in mind, however, that the more benchmarks that are applicable for points, the more points you can gather with a single setup. For instance, with the 2600K a user could get hardware points in 7 processor benchmark rankings of R3, but with the recently added benchmarks in R3, that will be 10 benchmarks.

It will become more clear once we can clearly show how scores and users are contributing to the team exacly in practice.

It depends on what level you're at, we at Team OCF have gained a ton of members in the last six months because we are a team, and because people can overclock like they enjoy doing, and help us dominate at HWBot.

It's a rather different world further down the ranks than it is at the top I think.

We're more of a team then a collection of individuals.

This is only my opinion and I want to be honest: If you see things like that - you have not the right motivation behind overclocking! it is about bringing hardware to it's limit, nailing a first place (global or in a certain hardware class) after days / weeks of work but benching just for the team ranking - I can't understand that.

When I started overclocking 10 years ago there wasn't teams at all and we all had maybe the best times of our life. You seem to take team-ranking WAY TO SERIOUS guys!

Edited by SoF

Im sorry Mr Scott but it isnt just about a hobby anymore. Its about a competitive sport, the very existance of hwbot makes it so.

Ridiculous. It's far from a sport. Competitive hobby maybe. All I was saying was, when it stops being fun it's time to quit, and not to be so consumed with points that are worth nothing more that to make your e-peen larger or a chance to get some free hardware to bench. Because really, when it comes right down to it, that's all the points are good for.

Ridiculous. It's far from a sport. Competitive hobby maybe. All I was saying was, when it stops being fun it's time to quit, and not to be so consumed with points that are worth nothing more that to make your e-peen larger or a chance to get some free hardware to bench. Because really, when it comes right down to it, that's all the points are good for.

So true - people seem to forget about the roots of overclocking sometimes :(

Dominating at HWBot is fun though, on a personal level and on a team level.

I'd still bench dry ice without any kind of rankings, but being able to compete at it makes it even better.

I use the team mostly as a way to get more people into benching, every new person that shows up is a new way of looking at things that might uncover a SuperTweak.

The new team ranks are all about the amount of dedicated people who are ready to search for and grind the popular old stuff, not just a bunch of peeps benching whatever they are comfortable with.

Makes the competition more interesting for teams which are ready to step up, but way less interesting for those that aren't.

EDIT: Nice to see the globals for CPU-Z back on the current testserver. Not that I care much about globals - it's just that breaking raw MHz barriers is what was and is causing the most attention in 2D benchmarks.

EDIT: Nice to see the globals for CPU-Z back on the current testserver. Not that I care much about globals - it's just that breaking raw MHz barriers is what was and is causing the most attention in 2D benchmarks.

+1

shame that something that "used" to be such a big achievement has been dropped.

Raw MHz ftw:cool:

So true - people seem to forget about the roots of overclocking sometimes :(

First off, if hwbot wasnt here, if there was no ranking system I would still be benchin for love of it and as a hobby. Nobody is fogetting anything here.

You can call it a competitive hobby if you like but I'll call it a sport because like most sports we have teams, leagues and rankings thanks to hwbot. I think its fair to say that many things can be both a sport and a hobby at the same time ;)

Because hwbot brings the competition with these teams, leagues and rankings then the most important thing becomes (legitamatly) earning the points for you and/or your team to do well. Doing well isnt just about the E-Peen, but if you do - do well then you are entitled to the braggin rights :P

Being part of a team means aiming for somthing more than just personal gain. It means you want to help the team and contribute towards the end goal. It also means you want to see the team as whole do well and not just a couple of the highest contributers within the team. Anybody who can not grasp the meaning of this shouldnt be part of a team at all.

Being Part of a team makes the enjoyment so much greater as a bencher. I can deal with the REV4 system as an individual user and will be successful as such. I also will be successful in future additions to my team totals as I have invested in the necessary equipment to do so but this is not about me!

I get a lot of joy out of my endeavors here and would like the sport/hobby to grow and be successful into the future. How many overclockers begin with superb hardware and Cooling? Alot of teams now will take these individuals as members and aid in there growth. The new members will be encouraged by their score additions to the team totals and be motivated to improve.

How many new benchers will be motivated to continue when their point totals only count 1/10? I would not have in the beginning and I am sure I am in the majority.

As I have stated, the majority of the positive replies to the new system comes from highly experienced individuals. The thoughts of hobby growth being the furthest thing from their minds.

Team competition will evolve into this with this revision. All teams will become by invitation only(send us your resume and we will consider you). I know some of the top teams are this way now and that is fine but not everyone wants to be this way.

The positive responders will get there wish from this! The death of the large team and the stagnation of the hobby.

Edited by Electroneng

Guest Ximi

I want participate on Enthusiast League , on my profile I selected it , save changes , exit , and dont changes ?

What happends ?

How much time for aplicated changes on profile ?

If it's posible , I want change and participate on Enthusiast League , Thank's ! ;)

Please , some moderator can be help me.

Regards ! ;)

Why do you people taking the beta so serious for now? Can't wait for final version, when everything would be updated few sec after you select something or post score? Just wait for next update and you'll see yourself in other league. Relax and wait for final version. Until then, report bugs if you see some :)

Edited by Bullet1

• Crew
Being Part of a team makes the enjoyment so much greater as a bencher. I can deal with the REV4 system as an individual user and will be successful as ....

The positive responders will get there wish from this! The death of the large team and the stagnation of the hobby.

Didn't everybody say the same of ReV3 ? And now everybody loves it... this ain't an overnite change... some people have been having restless nites, weeks , months about this rev...

Even if you don't like it, too bad it's gonna come anyway... It's either adapt or suck it up like it happens in real life...