HWBOT Community Forums

GTX580 Matrix Extreme OC: first session at Assembly

Massman

I also spend some more time testing this card. Now with Gelid GC-Extreme I have no problems with cold whatsoever. OCZ Freeze and all the other stuff is so last year, this is the new king of thermal paste.

Of course the usual 750ml of LN2 for this session.

Anyway, this card is pretty good. I can get 1600 through on the next session no doubt. Maybe even more ... but PSU was giving hard OCP at 1.7V Vgpu. Memory is totally shit, though ... if I want to run full pot, I need to set memory to 1100MHz at 2V. Trying 1200MHz will result in blank screen at -140°C even. 1600/1100 looks very strange, haha, but according to SF3D it's because I have a media sample and not a retail sample. I will not buy retail, so I will not be able to verify. But it sounds quite logical. Anyways, going from 1325/1200 to 1425/1100 in Unigine gave me a super-boost of 10 points. Efficiency of 3D03 score isn't really great either, but that was a run with the last drips of ln2.

- 1500MHz = 1.54V

- 1600MHz = 1.6V with full pot, but cold issue in combined test

Next session, I will use my new retail 990X and do some decent 05/06/Vantage. Then I can rest again untill SB-E.

Anyways, some pics and some scores.

Pictures

th_2011-08-19154635r.jpg th_2011-08-19154643r.jpg th_2011-08-19170638r.jpg th_2011-08-19170650r.jpg th_2011-08-19172504r.jpg

Video

Scores

th_11588t.png th_151928t.png th_6429011.jpg

[hwbot=2200143]submission[/hwbot]

[hwbot=2200147]submission[/hwbot]

[hwbot=2200149]submission[/hwbot]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate 4-way SLI. "SLI connector is missing" failure is back. System was completely ok since I shut it down earlier today.

We lost 1 day in Assembly with this issue and I really thought, that it was fixed. I just have no idea anymore.

I gave up for the driver issues today and decided to run 3-way instead. I just needed to see, if the cards will act like predicted.

They did work exactly like it was ment to, but after 1400MHz the load was just too hard to handle. 1400MHz run was almost finished, but GT4 crashed just before the end.

There was some issue with voltage, so I could not use exactly what I liked. If that issue can be fixed as well, 1400mhz will not be a problem.

Pots were the new wider versions from ryba and they are so much better than previous pots for this use.

Well, next I need to run 4 way with same settings :)

Score 22646:

http://hwbot.org/submission/2200890_sf3d_3dmark11___performance_3x_geforce_gtx_580_22646_marks?recalculate=true

3%20way%20score.png

P.S I would need to grow extra pair of hands :)

Edited by SF3D

Ok, now someone need to help me through this issue. single, 2 way, 3-way all ok, but when there is 4 cards installed I just can not overclock anymore. If 3-way was ok up to 1400MHz why 4-way is ok only up to 1050MHz :)

1100mhz.png

3D peformance seems to be as good as usual. 31.1K with 1100MHz/1250MHz is ok.

The cpu seems to be working well all the time. Who said single CPU is not good for 3DM11 :)

cpu%20test.png

This cpu + 1300MHz 4-way is my goal. I will not give up until it is done or new technology overtakes these parts.

Edited by SF3D

so you're maxing out at 1100 in 4way now against 1400 3way?

I really hate 4-way SLI. "SLI connector is missing" failure is back. System was completely ok since I shut it down earlier today.

We lost 1 day in Assembly with this issue and I really thought, that it was fixed. I just have no idea anymore.

havent seen that before on UD9 :confused: but i have had instances of dropping one card because it just pushes out of slot slightly every now and then

i like the look of new slim pot you guys are making, shame about the throat, why didnt you make it wider, it would have really made the pot great

Edited by dinos22

When 4-way is enabled something changes radically.

I think it is software related issue, cause hardware can do the clockspeeds desired as easy as possible.

This is first time I see this sort of issue with 4-way.

DCII cards did not have it, so we need to find out what it is.

If someone find out what is the issue, I would like to know the fix for it.