HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT OC Challenge November 2011 thread.

Massman

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a single other member of the staff competed I assume from an ethics standpoint. I think it's bullshit and whoever doesn't like it can fuck off. HWBOT stafff should stay out of competitions period. I don't see Massman posting scores or Turrican...?

Turrican already competed for HOC: just an exemple: http://hwbot.org/competition/hoc_sep11

Massman is lazy :D and has got too much work (I harrass him 24H/7)

Knopflerbruce is on his exams period and is working full time for the university at the moment.

I don't see why I can't compete?

I know the hardware/limitations the same day as all of you guys, only massman knows the competition hardware/limitations before the open day of HOC.

And yeah for your information, being part of HWBot's Staff give you extra/more MHz to your CPU, so if you want easy overclocking and WR and Huge Frequency, join the Staff ;)

Edited by Christian Ney

Not a single other member of the staff competed I assume from an ethics standpoint. I think it's bullshit and whoever doesn't like it can fuck off. HWBOT stafff should stay out of competitions period. I don't see Massman posting scores or Turrican...?

Maybe you should look a bit further then..

Massman has been in several hwbot competitions, and really, can you please moderate your language a bit.

Holy hell Christian, that's some mighty nice work. I'm impressed!

The only reason I could see for HWBot staff not to compete is if they know the contest rules/specifics before it starts. Sounds like they don't, so I don't have a problem with it.

Of course, it looks suspicious, so I'm pretty sure he should have his account merged with someone elses :P

Congrats Ocaholics and CN on your win.:)

Fuck that. Again not a single member of the staff competes in these aside from CN again I would assume from an ethics standpoint. Yet CN is allowed to run rampant. I'll say again staff should be exempt from open competition.

Hahahahaha. Why is it that you think everybodys site is a democracy? Guess what, it isn't. Mine isn't and neither is this one. YOU have to play by the sites rules, regardless of if you like it or not. If you don't like it, there's an alternative..........just like what happened at my site. Aww that's right, you already know about that don't you.:P

Edited by Mr.Scott

Holy hell Christian, that's some mighty nice work. I'm impressed!

The only reason I could see for HWBot staff not to compete is if they know the contest rules/specifics before it starts. Sounds like they don't, so I don't have a problem with it.

Of course, it looks suspicious, so I'm pretty sure he should have his account merged with someone elses :P

I believe you can actually bribe Massman to tell you rules in advance!

I recall a picture from GOOC 2010 of him receiving bribe - and he was fairly cheap to pay off! :D :D :D

Jokes aside; Nah dont know how it does these days, but a year back, Massman was the mastermind of the competitions, he made the rules himself, and is fairly good at it - he is TERRIBLE at take critic, dont suggest anything could be done differently, I warn you.

I don't see what's unethic about competing if you're a member of the staff. The only problem would be if a score got questioned, but we don't have a habit of treating mods in a different way than a regular user. I can't see that being a moderator would be an advantage in any competition either. It's not like there is a thread for competition content most of the time. I think only massman knew about this one, for example.

Yup, I usually keep all the competition stuff to myself. No one knew anything about the OC Challenge since, ehr, ever I think. Same goes for the Country Cups. Even Frederik usually doesn't know (unless he has to implement new code in the HCE). There's a distinct reason why I keep competition details a secret ... and this is exactly why. I don't want those who volunteer here at the bot and put time and effort into keeping this place clean to have to give up on exciting competitions as well. It's bad enough these people are voluntarily getting critic from the community, no need to punish them even more :P.

I do compete once in a while, but only because I'm still addicted to overclocking. I've never been in the position to refuse prizes (sigh), but I wouldn't take any of them anyway.