HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2011 thread.

Massman

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still sandbagging? :P

No mate, just now I had to stop my amd 3dm11 setup (board failed) with a score which is way lower than my expectation...(lower than yesterday session anyway)

And I still need to setup my Gulftown LN2 run in PCMark 7, and score a memory clock...

So, no, i'm NOT sandbagging :P

• Crew

Congratz all !! Well done !! This was fun, now spill the beans with that darn pcmark7 benchmark lol

I HATE IT, already wiped off my HDD :P

Happy New Year all !! See ya in 2012

Thanks to the boys from Tones Webshop for the support !! You guys rule !!!

:celebration:tones.jpg :celebration:

Can you plz pickup the 12000 euro hardware material at my place plz... soon...

Edited by Leeghoofd

Congratz all !! Well done !! This was fun, now spill the beans with that darn pcmark7 benchmark lol

I HATE IT, already wiped off my HDD :P

Happy New Year all !! See ya in 2012

no kidding lol

but really guys it was a blast this year, congratulations to Poland, Greece and Indonesia you guys killed it.

It's done at last :D :D

Congrats to the winner Poland :celebration:, the runner-up Greece :celebration:

and all other countries who have participated , you all did very well :ws:

@ leeghoofd :

We got lucky at the PCMark 7 stage : figured out the Virtu tweak by coincidence(my friend MaVeRCK tried to run PCM7 at his h67 igp setup and the video transcode boosted up fiercely),

The point is, use Z68 system with Virtu custom profile for 2 executive file in transcoding test. (MFPlayback and something with XCode, i don't remember clearly)

And the other tweak was :

- RAM Caching using FancyCache software : I Guess the Canadians figured this out very early in the game. Using this software, even single SSD setup can get very high storage setup.

- Using Win8 + Core Parking Disable : boosted up transcode , we learn this from the Greeks ;)

- IE Appearance tweaks : small font, no show pics/animation/sound, etc. Boosted up quite a bit. (Dunno what Team Greece done with their early setup with 90p/s, which gave me headache for 48 hours++ x.x )

- Force the Imaging executive file (WIC.exe ?) to be run under 640x480 res and force 256 Color, got a small gain in Image Manipulation.

I think that's all for our tweaks :)

* at least we didn't waste 3 days++ for nothing :P *

Happy New Year Everyone ! :celebration:

• Crew

Brilliant PCM7 finds : we had a 200 webpage trick, but far from legal to be applied... so we skipped it... w ehad ram cache on win7, but our programs didn't work for Win8. Huge storage raid controller 8 SSDs, but this benchmark scales with jack shit... besides raw cpu power and software tricks :P It's totally anti hardware overclocking minded lol.

We had an idea about virtu ! But we wanted to finish this nite with a 19K run on FX for the boys of Tones webshop.

So we are still benching right now...

Congratz again to all, I had a blast, hopefully so did you !

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew
Huge congrats to Poland:celebration:

But why was the last stage rewarded with 25 points and the others just 10 or 15? Makes little sense to me... Should've been 15. Would've sucked if a country got a bad score in just that one and lost the top spot because of that alone, even though that team perhaps owned the rest.

Think the skill of going with 4 LN2 cards requires a bit more points... seems like a tough benchmark/setup to get right... as we see some flawed scores , that could have been far better at the ran speeds...

Pj is cracking 19.2K right now with just 6.75Ghz and 4 X GTX580 cards. So hopefully 20K is possible with a bit more CPU ooomph...