HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2011 thread.

Massman

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's done at last :D :D

Congrats to the winner Poland :celebration:, the runner-up Greece :celebration:

and all other countries who have participated , you all did very well :ws:

@ leeghoofd :

We got lucky at the PCMark 7 stage : figured out the Virtu tweak by coincidence(my friend MaVeRCK tried to run PCM7 at his h67 igp setup and the video transcode boosted up fiercely),

The point is, use Z68 system with Virtu custom profile for 2 executive file in transcoding test. (MFPlayback and something with XCode, i don't remember clearly)

And the other tweak was :

- RAM Caching using FancyCache software : I Guess the Canadians figured this out very early in the game. Using this software, even single SSD setup can get very high storage setup.

- Using Win8 + Core Parking Disable : boosted up transcode , we learn this from the Greeks ;)

- IE Appearance tweaks : small font, no show pics/animation/sound, etc. Boosted up quite a bit. (Dunno what Team Greece done with their early setup with 90p/s, which gave me headache for 48 hours++ x.x )

- Force the Imaging executive file (WIC.exe ?) to be run under 640x480 res and force 256 Color, got a small gain in Image Manipulation.

I think that's all for our tweaks :)

* at least we didn't waste 3 days++ for nothing :P *

Happy New Year Everyone ! :celebration:

• Crew

Brilliant PCM7 finds : we had a 200 webpage trick, but far from legal to be applied... so we skipped it... w ehad ram cache on win7, but our programs didn't work for Win8. Huge storage raid controller 8 SSDs, but this benchmark scales with jack shit... besides raw cpu power and software tricks :P It's totally anti hardware overclocking minded lol.

We had an idea about virtu ! But we wanted to finish this nite with a 19K run on FX for the boys of Tones webshop.

So we are still benching right now...

Congratz again to all, I had a blast, hopefully so did you !

Edited by Leeghoofd

• Crew
Huge congrats to Poland:celebration:

But why was the last stage rewarded with 25 points and the others just 10 or 15? Makes little sense to me... Should've been 15. Would've sucked if a country got a bad score in just that one and lost the top spot because of that alone, even though that team perhaps owned the rest.

Think the skill of going with 4 LN2 cards requires a bit more points... seems like a tough benchmark/setup to get right... as we see some flawed scores , that could have been far better at the ran speeds...

Pj is cracking 19.2K right now with just 6.75Ghz and 4 X GTX580 cards. So hopefully 20K is possible with a bit more CPU ooomph...

I would like to thank all guys who participated in Country Cup this year. Best honours go to Greece, Indonesia, Belgium, Bulgaria and Russia for their marvellous results. Hope next year more countries will be motivated to participate in this contest. USA, France, Brazil, Mexico, Germany or Sweden are very strong countries in terms of overclocking, only a bit of cooperation is needed :)

Okay, so now officially and personally I am very happy, good to know that all our efforts have given 1st place this year! The most important thing for me is that we could join and bench together despite our "local" differences or competition.

This CC was the most exhausting overclocking in my life, cause there were 7 stages, and some of them made man balding like cursed PCMark7! Oh gosh, it's so boring, nothing happens (almost) during it and it needs stability better than Wprime 1024M or Vantage CPU Tests! It's irrational lol

Wow....Poland on Fire!!!

* bow *

:) Thx

I guess Poland wasn't kidding when they said they were "far far" away

great job guys:thumbsup:

Who said that? :D Thx

i was kiddin but i guess you have the f5 syndrome :P

congrats my polish brothers!

greece taking number2 again? like moa? :P

Greece is really strong this year. In my opinion the most outstanding results came from Hellas guys :)

Congratulations to Poland! :celebration:

Very respectable entries from the other countries too. Indonasia are PCMark7 masters. :ws:

Thank you :) Indonesia killed us all in PCMark or PCMark killed us, I am not able to choose right option lol

Congratz all !! Well done !! This was fun, now spill the beans with that darn pcmark7 benchmark lol

I HATE IT, already wiped off my HDD :P

Happy New Year all !! See ya in 2012

Thanks to the boys from Tones Webshop for the support !! You guys rule !!!

:celebration:tones.jpg :celebration:

Can you plz pickup the 12000 euro hardware material at my place plz... soon...

Happy new year :) I guess I will take some break of OC... maybe up to 9.01.2012 ;)

no kidding lol

but really guys it was a blast this year, congratulations to Poland, Greece and Indonesia you guys killed it.

Country Cup almost killed us :D

PCMark07 sucks :)

Happy New Year ;)

You are right Tom :)

Good Job Poland :D

Happy New Year!

The same to you :D

It's done at last :D :D

Congrats to the winner Poland :celebration:, the runner-up Greece :celebration:

and all other countries who have participated , you all did very well :ws:

@ leeghoofd :

We got lucky at the PCMark 7 stage : figured out the Virtu tweak by coincidence(my friend MaVeRCK tried to run PCM7 at his h67 igp setup and the video transcode boosted up fiercely),

The point is, use Z68 system with Virtu custom profile for 2 executive file in transcoding test. (MFPlayback and something with XCode, i don't remember clearly)

And the other tweak was :

- RAM Caching using FancyCache software : I Guess the Canadians figured this out very early in the game. Using this software, even single SSD setup can get very high storage setup.

- Using Win8 + Core Parking Disable : boosted up transcode , we learn this from the Greeks ;)

- IE Appearance tweaks : small font, no show pics/animation/sound, etc. Boosted up quite a bit. (Dunno what Team Greece done with their early setup with 90p/s, which gave me headache for 48 hours++ x.x )

- Force the Imaging executive file (WIC.exe ?) to be run under 640x480 res and force 256 Color, got a small gain in Image Manipulation.

I think that's all for our tweaks :)

* at least we didn't waste 3 days++ for nothing :P *

Happy New Year Everyone ! :celebration:

Holy!!! Those tweaks are amazing and I guess we won't ever think about it. just like Virtu - I always thought it's a shit so I avoided it.

Brilliant PCM7 finds : we had a 200 webpage trick, but far from legal to be applied... so we skipped it... w ehad ram cache on win7, but our programs didn't work for Win8. Huge storage raid controller 8 SSDs, but this benchmark scales with jack shit... besides raw cpu power and software tricks :P It's totally anti hardware overclocking minded lol.

We had an idea about virtu ! But we wanted to finish this nite with a 19K run on FX for the boys of Tones webshop.

So we are still benching right now...

Congratz again to all, I had a blast, hopefully so did you !

Those tweaks are amazing, good for my favourite ROG board 1156 - Maximus Gene-Z :D

Congrats everyone, great deal of fun and can't wait until next year. Seriously though, no one wondering how the Greeks managed to get 5 different sticks of RAM with the exact same serial number? I'm probably missing something though

Thx :)

Huge congrats to Poland:celebration:

But why was the last stage rewarded with 25 points and the others just 10 or 15? Makes little sense to me... Should've been 15. Would've sucked if a country got a bad score in just that one and lost the top spot because of that alone, even though that team perhaps owned the rest.

Thanks Knut! 4-Way on GTX480/580 is the most hard for LN2 users, 4x GPU = 4^2 more troubles :D So I think that 25 points was quiet fair.

Congratulation to everyone :)

Thank you :)

Think the skill of going with 4 LN2 cards requires a bit more points... seems like a tough benchmark/setup to get right... as we see some flawed scores , that could have been far better at the ran speeds...

Pj is cracking 19.2K right now with just 6.75Ghz and 4 X GTX580 cards. So hopefully 20K is possible with a bit more CPU ooomph...

+1

20K done :)

Congrats to Poland! :celebration:

Thx XS captain :D

2 hours benching 3dmark 11 it's not enough for 4 way sli.

It is suicide...

This is not an excuse but is a fact

Congratulations to Poland

2 hours = lucky strike or failure ;) 4-Way should be checked firstly on stock aircooling (yeah but with Asus 3-port gpu's I hadn't that chance, every GPU should be pretested on LN2 before serious bench, and you have to know your mobo/CPU VERY WELL for this task.

Edited by Xtreme Addict

First of all congrats to Poland and Indonesia and of course to all the other country’s that participate.

We lost the first place because we make a big mistake to bench 3DM11 the last moment and we manage to make only 1 run with a lot of issues in our board.

As for PCMark7 we did our best but we haven’t an X79 board and CPU for the third set up.

Happy new year to all :)

Congats to Poland for winning . Also to Indonesia for showing some very good scores ! It was an amazing contest !:)

We didn't have much time to test 4way .Our problems began after 30 minutes playing , just when the system memory started coldbuggin .It took us too long to understand it ... and we run out of time .