HWBOT Community Forums

Rev3 Up and Running - Complaints, Ideas, Ramblings, Comments ... but no bugs

This new rev is just...

I know it was hard work for you to develop but after this "event" im not motivated to bench in the future... Our Team lost nearly 3000 Points and went from 10 to 14. And everywhere i look, i just see 0,1p results -.-. Nothing to say about. 0,1p even in top 5 is just c**.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you will only be able to get points with populair so much tested hardware it is not real fun anymore for so many users who dont have the bugs to buy and buy the best they could get, the end for the fun playing with uncommon hardware ?

its look like .. i hope not ..we shall see when upgrades are finnished for the site

Guys I don't like the new way that points work

I mean take for example SPI for 720 BE http://www.hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=4465&page=7

How come you need to be 23# to get any decent points and after that it's just 0.1? For popular hardware the best scores are because people have high end cooling. Now the people with air cooling have no chance at getting any points.

I thought this change was gonna be suited for people that can't have high end stuff. Guess it's the otherway around.

I thought this change was gonna be suited for people that can't have high end stuff. Guess it's the otherway around.

Rev3 lowers the need for extremely expensive hardware, we never said anything about cooling and such.

Cooling, voltmodding, finding a well overclocking chip, etc, is all part of the overclocking game. If you don't like that, I don't blame you, but then rev3 is indeed less interesting for you.

JMke is using the wrong words to explain:

Rev 3 is not about benching popular harware, it's about performing good within your hardware/benchmark category. If you are 1/10, you will be rewarded with points; if you 35/40 you'll only receive 0.1p. It's not because you use popular hardware that you will instantly receive 10p per score ...

I don't know if it's a bug in points calculation algorithm for old hardware but if you're not in first three of five you'll get 0.1 point.

The idea of overclocking old hardware for fun is completely ruined.

I bought a cpu for 2$ put it under H2O and benched every test, the results weren't in top five because these are usually sub zero cooling, but they were in top ten, and there was about 5 to 10 points with that cpu.

Now it's everything 0.1 points. And I've lost 600 points.

And the achievement "Friends hide their computer when you come over" - Make 1000 submissions to HWBOT

- It's name doesn't have any kind of sense compared to what it represents - 1000 submissions,

The "I starved while running super pi" is fun, but I usually run slow spi32m over night :)

sorry, miss phrased, rev3 is most rewarding when benching popular hardware ;)

Yes that's true but who will bench unpopular hardware if you only recieve 0,1-0,5p even on place 3. But if you submit a really bad score you get 0,1 anyway... That makes it not worth to bench anymore.

And who will go for the "real WRs" now? If you earn most points with only one card? You need much more skills to bench 4 GPUs subzero and therefore you get nearly nothing compared to single GPU.

Global always meant to me gaining a really fast score and now, in wPrime 1024m, i get more global Points with an E8600 than a i7-975?

Guys sorry but the point calculation sucks in many ways!

WTF makes a place 100 with 88GTX in 3D06 more worth than the ABSOLUT worldrecord in 3D06???!

Once again, if you beat 5000 people with the same hardware, yes, you diserve a sh*tload of points. If you run wPrime on your 32x CPU server farm at work at stock speeds, you do not deserve a lot of points.

The points represent the effort you made, not how fast your score was. Or do you really agree that someone who ran wPrime on his server farm at stock speeds, or someone who bought a i975 and 4xGPU and ran it at stock speed, deserved to be in the top 20 worldwide?

It is true that in very unpopular categories you gain less points as in rev2, but there is no way to know for the bot whether this oc caused you a lot of effort or not, as it has nothing to compare too. Luckily this issue will decrease over time as more and more people submit exotic hardware for silverware or grinding small points.

And it's still nonsense! I won't even be in top 10 when i beat all OVERALL worldrecords.... Where is the sense about that?

Oh cool than i'm on a list where even not everybody is listed that benches 3DMark in this world? GREAT! FAIL guys, EPIC FAIL!

Edited by Kovsk

This just not makes sense!

When i do ABSOLUT worldrecord a beat EVERYBODY on the world. Imo it's not about the HW i used, i was just better than everbody in this World! Is that worth a like a pice of sh** now here?

That's how Rev1 was: nothing was split up in anything and there was ONE ranking. People complained that you needed to spend BIG bucks on hardware to come near the tope, which was a valid argument.

It's really simple: do you think that if I buy a 1024-core server, I should get all the Wprime points (225+ in Rev2)? Just running it at stock?

And it's still nonsense! I won't even be in top 10 when i beat all OVERALL worldrecords.... Where is the sense about that?

Oh cool than i'm on a list where even not everybody is listed that benches 3DMark in this world? GREAT! FAIL guys, EPIC FAIL!

If you think running a system at stock speeds deserves to get the most points, then yes, "epic fail" for us.

Guys i think you don't get my point.

It's not about that i don't like the splitting! I don't like the way the points are given...

When i read the first post to Rev 3.0 i loved it... but that what's online now just let me feel sick

You are always coming up with your Server Farm for WPrime.. that the only benchmark where we have that problem! And got it guys? I'm talking about 3DMark all the time...