HWBOT Community Forums

Rev3 Up and Running - Complaints, Ideas, Ramblings, Comments ... but no bugs

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are always coming up with your Server Farm for WPrime.. that the only benchmark where we have that problem! And got it guys? I'm talking about 3DMark all the time...

a) you can not design a completely different algorithm for each benchmark seperatly, imagine the chaos. So same rules apply to wPrime as 3Dmark.

b) same issue existed for 3Dmark. If you bought a i975, overclocked it a little bit on air, and coupled it with 4x GPU's you got a massive amount of points for zero effort. Many people complained to us about it and we acknowledged this, and "fixed" this in rev3. Ofcourse some people feel the opposite (like you), but we can not please everyone.

Maybe you should take a look @my profile... i'm not a high money bencher guys... Of course your points about stock clocked hardware is rigth.

But what i just wanted to say is that it just sucks that a overall WR is worth notheing now...

Don't get me wrong! I really like the idea of splliting the rankings!

Maybe you should take a look @my profile... i'm not a high money bencher guys... Of course your points about stock clocked hardware is rigth.

But what i just wanted to say is that it just sucks that a overall WR is worth notheing now...

Don't get me wrong! I really like the idea of splliting the rankings!

It's worth less right now, but as the ranking gets more popular it will increase quickly.

Look at the wPrime rankings, 4x cores is about twice the points (+-120pts) as 1x and 2x (+-60pts).

Don't underestimate the World record page either, it's almost always the first page you'll get to see when you browse to a ranking, and those are "free for all". No splitting up in #cores.

The most annoying thing is that "Oldie-Benches" are not profitable anymore...All my points are nearly useless because now the most submissions count as 0.1 Points and not like before as 2 or 3 for third Place for example.

So the main point is that benching "Oldies" is useless because who wants to buy a Athlon XP if the highest Score youre able to earn is 2 Points ? And if you place at third or 5. you just get 0.1 Points....

well if this is your last thing to say, I have to quit, too...

Now hwbot is about having parts of the most popular hardware and the best single GPU...a 5970 03 WR gives you, I don't know, 20 points? It's so ridicolous now that whole point-system...

Sorry guys I know you have been working hard for rev3 but honestly, I agree with most of my german fellas (including guys from AwardFabrik, PCGHX and Hardwareluxx) and say it was one step forward and 5 steps backwards...

I really hope for some changes or I am out of here, playing my own game with multi-cards and cores again out there with the spirit that for us the absolut best counts more than everything else (specially more than how popular a piece of hardware is)...

LOL what can I do now with my Gulftown in wprime??? You MUST be kidding guys...is hwbot now "we want every average joe overclocker to be able to join TOP10 if he buys popular hardware and has some luck with his GPU"...we cut off all guys having fun with newest, but unpopular technology (e.g. Gulftown) as they are too good for an overall score competition?!?!...hilarious :(

And yes I followed this discussion from the very beginning but I never expected it to come out that bad...

you're not "beating" a 975 with an E8600.

You are "rewarded" more for ranking high in a popular category

compared to ranking high in a less popular category

nothing more, nothing less.

if everybody started benching SLI/CF, then ranking #1 in 2xGPU ranking will become more rewarding. it's simply a system of weight. give more weight to those categories with lots of competition. Turns out, as with everything else in the IT, the HIGH END is not as well represented as mid-range and low-end.

Yea i know but "global" always meant to me to have really really fast scores but now it's not about the score. It's just about weight of categories.

You try to give ppl with less money the chance to participate at hwbot. That's a good thought! The old scheme rewarding the top 5 was great. 2 points for 1st and then go down slowly. If you don't reward benching unpopular hardware no one will bench it. Okay you say for achievements but there are a lot of benchers benching for the team like "Lippokratis" of PCGamesHardware did. Now he has hundred of results with 0,1 points... there is no motivation for him to go on benching unpopular CPUs.

In my opinion the difference between popular and unpopular is to big. You should reward unpopular hardware a bit more. In the past you recieved good points beeing in Top20 Hardwarecategory. Now you often get 0,1p at place 3, 4, 5 or less... just not balanced

What I think should be done is a steady decline of points

instead of it just being 0.1 points after a certain rank it should go 1.5 1.3 1.1 0.9 etc.

and everyone that submited into the top 100 shouldn't get a 0.1 point because people can just run at stock speeds without trying.

Also effort is irrelevant here. I can tweak for hours with my hardware only to get beaten by a guy with an i7 with no tweaks simply because he has a better cpu for 3dmark06 or whatever

well if this is your last thing to say, I have to quit, too...

Now hwbot is about having parts of the most popular hardware and the best single GPU...a 5970 03 WR gives you, I don't know, 20 points? It's so ridicolous now that whole point-system...

55 pts for 5970 @ 03. That's not too bad...

Anyway, we understand you don't like this, we didn't expect everyone will be pleased with rev3. Remember we made the changes because the community complained about rev2, and we thought they had a valid point.

Feel free not to use hwbot any more, no hard feelings. It's the only way we will now we need the change the algorithm again. ;)

What I think should be done is a steady decline of points

instead of it just being 0.1 points after a certain rank it should go 1.5 1.3 1.1 0.9 etc.

and everyone that submited into the top 100 shouldn't get a 0.1 point because people can just run at stock speeds without trying.

Also effort is irrelevant here. I can tweak for hours with my hardware only to get beaten by a guy with an i7 with no tweaks simply because he has a better cpu for 3dmark06 or whatever

• Crew

I would just award more points per CPU for the TOP 10 per type Richba5tard. Maybe it's hard to implement but I see people running over 50% slower score getting the same points as me :P

For the rest it will take some time to adapt and to see how it will evolve... I like Rev3 as I don't have the cash to get 2 or 3 59xx cards to get easy mega scores...

It will take some time, some will feel robbed as they put hard earned cash into it and seem to loose big points... but we are on a better balanced playing field for everybody now...

For the not commonly used hardware , I think the Hwbot crew wants to avoid that people went out and buy that special CPU, GPU to get easy cups and points...

time to get some LN2...

I have some issues with the screenshots Rich, already advised Massman.

It sometimes wants me to down the image :

hwboterror1.jpg

afterwards it errors in Irfanview

hwboterror2.jpg

loads fine afterwards... :D

Edited by Leeghoofd

Maybe how points are given right now can be optimized. The gap between 0,1 and 75 points is way too big.

Additionally in some categories the first three people get e.g. 5,2 / 3,3 / 2,2 points and all the rest gets 0,1.

How about 5,2 / 4,7 / 4,1 / 3,5 / 2,8 / 2,0 / ... know that I mean?

I really don't like that benchers of old and maybe unpopular hardware are treated so disadvanteged now.

With a not much benched Radeon X8xx there can also be skill needed to beet the other X8xx benchers.

It's not like there is no competition.

• Crew
new hwbot is get ln2 or get out

That is mostly for all top spots mate, also it ws liek that in Rev2 if you want big points. Yes in Rev3 you need to get LN2 out as the points are there for single cards and not for dual tri quad card setups... it takes more skill now tio get big points and not just wasting mega cash in the GPU department

For the CPU's I would like to see it being recalibrated a bit more, as the top 5 takes points, the rest is pointless ( to bench )

Edited by Leeghoofd

How about 5,2 / 4,7 / 4,1 / 3,5 / 2,8 / 2,0 / ... know that I mean?

I really don't like that benchers of old and maybe unpopular hardware are treated so disadvanteged now.

With a not much benched Radeon X8xx there can also be skill needed to beet the other X8xx benchers.

It's not like there is no competition.

Thats what i mean...I sure did a lot with tweaks, tweaked OS and sometimes hours finding the best config. for the sys. but its all not necessary anymore because either you take first place and get some points or you just get 0.1 points...