HWBOT Community Forums

Rev3 Up and Running - Complaints, Ideas, Ramblings, Comments ... but no bugs

Let me put it this way: Rev3 equals

"Having competitive harware instead of expensive hardware"

expensive hardware you need for best results.

best result, WR records as a example will have then less points then a E8600 ???

What the use of Hwbot fairplay then?

A World Record place with less points then a E8600 ????????????

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me put it this way: Rev3 equals

"Having competitive harware instead of expensive hardware"

and competitive hardware is expensive hardware - well done - the circle is complete

if you wanted to give the bencher of the mainstream hardware more points why don't you just raised the max hwpoint limit up to 75 and done.

the thread here shows you that there ist something wrong with the rev. 3 14 pages in just a few houres and usa isn't awake

we are the people!!!!

I can see how this is less about the money now in the sense of hardware. But I just feel now like the best of the best stuff is not worth it now, why push the bleeding edge without reward is what they are saying. A e6600 is more of a money maker than a 975 in the new version which just seems a bit backwards.

You were talking about getting more sponsors. Why would they want to back you when you are in-directly forcing people to scour ebay and other forums looking for old hardware that is worth more points then jumping over to the egg to buy their newest products that are worth jack you know?

My 5870 benches saved the day for me and I am back to where I was with rev2, otherwise me too hate the new rev. though honestly its beneficial for money crunched ocers like me......

Massman, yes its about LN2 now, most of the time you cant get anywhere near points within popular category if you are not using some exotic cooling.........

- Now you need 1x5870 to grab a set of global points, in rev2 you needed 2x5970. More money? huh?

- Why do you want the most popular categories? Go for the mid-popular categories: still fair amount of points and not too difficult to get into top10.

and competitive hardware is expensive hardware - well done - the circle is complete

if you wanted to give the bencher of the mainstream hardware more points why don't you just raised the max hwpoint limit up to 75 and done.

the thread here shows you that there ist something wrong with the rev. 3 14 pages in just a few houres and usa isn't awake

we are the people!!!!

i agree with this, Hwbot is filling up with complaints in just a few houres, and USA isn't awake now ?

OOHHH my god, Hwbot is maybe going to crash with all this complaints.

Well HWbot make your conclusions, Where are indeed the people using Hwbot for a good time now, and this rumors, complaints klachten.

think good about this, we are indeed the people !!!!!!!!!!!!

And very much indeed (who is awake) are NOT satify with this REV3 bummer

• Crew

nope it's not ! that's where you are missing the point... I see some posts here complaining about the rev3. Then I look at their results, a big fast CPU, and stock clocked GPU's, maybe they got 150 points in the old rev due to the possesion of 1000 euro's on GPU's... them days are over :woot:

Edited by Leeghoofd

Yes, that múst be the best description for this competition, look at all the "average joes" at the top of the ranking:

attachment.php?attachmentid=685&stc=1&d=1262270515

Oh massi....yesterday stummerwinter was ranked 1st with like 10 points ahead...now in the new ranking we have kingpin with almost 500 (!!!!!!) points ahead - the rest is far far behind...did you look on the points also? you saw the gap there? looks like you made your new ranking, looked if the top10 are still known names and thought you've done good...and I strongly disagree...

If I am not too screwed about all this, I maybe take a friend into new heights just by telling him which hardware to get and maybe helping him a bit with DICE...he will jump into TOP20 like a rocket for sure...much more easy as v2 was...but I think I understood what this is all about - hwbot was never what I thought it is...it is not a "High-End World Record platform" it is a "mass benching platform" or whatever you want to call it now...

...and so I am out...

- Now you need 1x5870 to grab a set of global points, in rev2 you needed 2x5970. More money? huh?

- Why do you want the most popular categories? Go for the mid-popular categories: still fair amount of points and not too difficult to get into top10.

Thats exactly what I have done honestly since I understood this part completely, got a 5870 from my limited sponsor, used DICE and wallah I have 125 global points where as I had in total half of it using 2 x 5870 and my other 200 submissions. But now take this, I am sorta of a guy who gets very limited support from Hardware companies, 5870 was not a problem, but getting 5970 is/was a PITA but I would have persisted with my links to get me a/couple of 5970, if I didnt get any support I would have then put my own money and bought one or maybe 2 of them so that I could have tried reaching the top, ofcourse the TOP Most guyz you are posting again and again would certainly go for overall WR's and still continue to do so even without the boints but for mid level ocers like me, I wouldnt touch 5970's even with a barge pole, now honestly tell me guyz, you think this is the way to go forward????

Oh massi....yesterday stummerwinter was ranked 1st with like 10 points ahead...now in the new ranking we have kingpin with almost 500 (!!!!!!) points ahead - the rest is far far behind...did you look on the points also? you saw the gap there? looks like you made your new ranking, looked if the top10 are still known names and thought you've done good...and I strongly disagree...

If I am not too screwed about all this, I maybe take a friend into new heights just by telling him which hardware to get and maybe helping him a bit with DICE...he will jump into TOP20 like a rocket for sure...much more easy as v2 was...but I think I understood what this is all about - hwbot was never what I thought it is...it is not a "High-End World Record platform" it is a "mass benching platform" or whatever you want to call it now...

...and so I am out...

1) Kingpin benched the 1x5870 a couple of days before the Rev3 was launched. His margin is solely caused by him preparing for Rev3. Give the ranking a month and then you can make this kind of claims

2) If he can managed top20 - cool!

3) No one obliges you to be active at hwbot.

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=878680&tab=info - no verification links... My guess is that this score was done using the checksum validation, but that info isn't visible anywhere;)

Also, there is a bug in the wPrime 1024m tricore rank - alot of unlocked CPUs are there, but when I try to moderate them I realize that they are already identified as quads by the engine, so they shouldn't really be there at all... This is not an issue with the 32m tricore ranking. btw.

http://www.hwbot.org/result.do?resultId=878680&tab=info - no verification links... My guess is that this score was done using the checksum validation, but that info isn't visible anywhere;)

Also, there is a bug in the wPrime 1024m tricore rank - alot of unlocked CPUs are there, but when I try to moderate them I realize that they are already identified as quads by the engine, so they shouldn't really be there at all... This is not an issue with the 32m tricore ranking. btw.

Noticed that as well, thanks for the heads up!

it still takes skill, it still takes time, it still takes money.. but less money.

You are absolutely right! In Rev3 you still need skill, time and money. But in many categories you simply don't get the points like many said before.

Just because there are only 30 competitors that doesn't mean that it is easy to reach top10.

But mostly you don't even get points for being #10. 0,1 points is like nothig for tweaking and benching old hardware, doesn't matter if it's popular or not.

You are absolutely right! In Rev3 you still need skill, time and money. But in many categories you simply don't get the points like many said before.

Just because there are only 30 competitors that doesn't mean that it is easy to reach top10.

But mostly you don't even get points for being #10. 0,1 points is like nothig for tweaking and benching old hardware, doesn't matte if it's popular or not.

Quite frankly, it's super-easy to get into the top10 in most 30-people categories. Everytime I bench a VGA card, I just do vmod + different air cooler and get into the top with ease.

It takes some time to get to know the card though ... For some top5 spots I spend an afternoon tweaking and tuning the system. If you want lots of points fast and easy, well, than was Rev2 perfect ;)

If there's no competition, the 1st gets 1,5p. If there are 10 competitors you have >2p.

the first gets 2 points but the second gets nothing just a silver cup filled with no points. why don't you said

less than 10 submission rev3. point system less points but not 0,1 points for an second place

10-19 submission a mixture of rev2 and rev3 with a firm placing points

over 20 submission rev2 with in max hwpoints of 75

Edited by Lippokratis

1) Kingpin benched the 1x5870 a couple of days before the Rev3 was launched. His margin is solely caused by him preparing for Rev3. Give the ranking a month and then you can make this kind of claims

3) No one obliges you to be active at hwbot.

1) In the old rev that big margin wouldn't have been possible at all. Furthermore you made all work of this years worthless (!!!) with rev3 when Vince can do that kind of rampage within one session now...others can do too, I agree, but simply the fact that the entire ranking can be crushed by him with one GPU is so sad...poor boris...

3) You think it is easy for me seeing 2 or 3 years of work gone within a day? I was happy with rev2, very happy. I told you before that I am unsure if the changes will turn out good, I made my proposals but they did not get heard. I am just so stunned (and shocked) that you are now basing everything on how popular it is, not how high the scores are...you are trying to reorder the entire oc-community with the new point system and I hope they will NOT follow, you will have to revise everything (just give every record-class the same amount of points - I am almost instantly happy...) and we will all be friends again ;)

less than 10 submission rev3. point system less points but not 0,1 points for an second place

10-19 submission a mixture of rev2 and rev3 with a firm placing points

over 20 submission rev2 with in max hwpoints of 75

Because we prefer to understand the algorithm as well.

Rev3 is still based on the same principle as Rev2 ... the algorithms have the same mathematical grounds.

If there's no competition, the 1st gets 1,5p. If there are 10 competitors you have >2p.

Okay - if there are 10 competitors:

It goes:

1st - 2p

2nd - 1,5p

3rd - 1p

4th - 0,5p

5th - 0,1p

6th - 0,1p

7th - 0,1p

right?

why not going:

2 - 1,9 - 1,8 - 1,7 - 1,6 ......?

1) In the old rev that big margin wouldn't have been possible at all. Furthermore you made all work of this years worthless (!!!) with rev3 when Vince can do that kind of rampage within one session now...others can do too, I agree, but simply the fact that the entire ranking can be crushed by him with one GPU is so sad...poor boris...

Boris is still second in the ranking. Only thing he has to do is test 1 5870 in 6 benchmarks and he'll be incredibly close to KP again.

By the way, if you state that his work has been worthless, you couldn't be more wrong. I think Boris did a series of inspiring benchmarks over the last couple of months/years ... it's not because there's a fallback on the day the new revision is launched, he's doomed to drop forever.

Please get a grip on yourself and start putting things in perspective. You're jumping to conclusions WAAAY too fast ... the revision is not even up 24h.

3) You think it is easy for me seeing 2 or 3 years of work gone within a day? I was happy with rev2, very happy. I told you before that I am unsure if the changes will turn out good, I made my proposals but they did not get heard. I am just so stunned (and shocked) that you are now basing everything on how popular it is, not how high the scores are...you are trying to reorder the entire oc-community with the new point system and I hope they will NOT follow, you will have to revise everything (just give every record-class the same amount of points - I am almost instantly happy...) and we will all be friends again ;)

Can I bring up the Wprime example just one more time to demonstrate how "score > popularity" is not per definition the way to go.

I hope all your wishes for the year 2010 may come true!

try to say something about the others things i said in my posts not just answer one single point.

on this rev it is possible that 400 submisiion of unoverclocked hardware are making more points than 100 submmision of overclocked hardware. more submission doesn't meen competition it just means that many peole use this hardware