HWBOT Community Forums

Rev3 Up and Running - Complaints, Ideas, Ramblings, Comments ... but no bugs

you call us ignorant, yet when we ask feedback ONE month ago, nothing.

we post URL to test and dev server, ask for feedback, nothing.

now "everybody" hates rev3.

going from rev1 to rev2... same discussion, over and over again.

a fantastic idea starting a testserver at chrismas holiday when everybody is sitting in front of there pc and not making things with there family

wait for the days after january 1st when all the other benchers are back from there holidays

when your have the next changes to come, post it when the futbol championship is - then you will also not getting any criticism

by the way the testserver was buggy

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Less attractive for what?

- Gaming?

- Performance?

- Overclocking?

- Competition?

- Economical?

who would know better than you??? does a overclocker really gets excited to see a score lesser than what he has achieved before???

but now have to do exactly that to stay competitive.....I am sure my pockets are gonna love rev3 though

thats what i say: a lot of People become 0,1 Points. Whats the Motivation for Rookies or Occasional-Bencher to make a better Score when the most Scores brings the same Points? In the past i work hours and hours to bring a Score up from Rank 12 to 11, and then i look to hit Rank 10. A good many times i have luck (and i little bit skill) to jump with this method from a average Rank into the Top 5.

I have enough Hardware and the Equipment to bench all my Stuff with Extreme-Cooling, but the most People on HWbot bench with Air Cooling. And the most People - 10000 of Average Benchers - make HWbot to the greatest Overclocking-Platform. With Rev3 you kick this 10000 People in the Ass. Sorry. :-(

This feels very much like its not about the competition anymore, its about benching only the most popular hardware and in your words Mass "Go for the mid-popular categories: still fair amount of points and not too difficult to get into top10"....don't you see that your needing to direct people in what hardware to use to get max boints instead of telling them "bench the hell out of the best stuff you can get and see how you measure against the pros", turns hwbot into a "no one fails, everyone who comes thru the door gets points, don't try and be the best, just use what everyone else is using" environment.

This is an excellent display of the saying "you can't please everyone". Two people complaining about the same core issue ...

romdominance

When more people bench with multiGPU, member A will be more awarded than member B.

There is flaws in new design, but nothing ideal in this world. Teammate B can make example in contradict to you like:

B benched 285 with LN2 on LN2 i7 920 rig, burned away two 285's with wrong voltmods and condensate, and member A just bought stock GTX295, install with bigbucks Core i7 980X run single time everything on stock and got rewards, and B is just 250' places far from cool guy A :D

There's less financial input required to make an actual head-to-head bench. From what I can see, teammate A won because he purchased more hardware.

There you go. I just purchased to DD wb's for my 5970's to break the 40k level in 3dmV. Why should I bother now when my single 5870 with the pot on it yields so many more points? Most of NBOC is on SS or better, but those of us who recently purchased multi-gpus are screwed.

Hope you guys see to it to add more global for multicard 3d.

Maybe youre motivated but im not..With Rev.2 I worked hard for my Scores and also got rewarded with at least some points because most of the Time I managed it to jump into top5.

Now with Rev.3 its not necessary to work hard because Place 1,2,3 are Scores with LN2 and the rest of the Scores just gets 0.x Points. Thats not the reward for hours of tweaking and benching...

who would know better than you??? does a overclocker really gets excited to see a score lesser than what he has achieved before???

I can ask RB to multiply all points with a factor of one million and everyone will see an increase of points.

Does that make things more interesting ... no.

You're now 1800th of 21000th without having to go very far with any hardware. Sounds reasonable?

My hardware is at its limits. I do not have the opportunity to bench with DICE or LN2.

But thats mostly needed to get some points.

The LN2 and DICE benchers get their points and the others get 0.1. points.

Of course thats more or less general. There are also some categories where it's not like that.

There you go. I just purchased to DD wb's for my 5970's to break the 40k level in 3dmV. Why should I bother now when my single 5870 with the pot on it yields so many more points? Most of NBOC is on SS or better, but those of us who recently purchased multi-gpus are screwed.

Hope you guys see to it to add more global for multicard 3d.

And we're back at square one:

First: one category => complaint: SLI/CF

Then: two category => complaint: dualgpu and 4x gpu needded

Then: four category => PROBLEM:

(if we add all global points to personal total, the balance between GPU and CPU is gone (would be 24 vs 9))

SO: four category => 1 applicable for personal total, all applicable for team total.

Wow, new posts appear faster that we can read old ones. I'd suggest interesting experiment - to make ALL points invisible :)

99.9% of complaint just about numbers, but not skills and hardwork to get top result. That's why nobody from top rankings blame here.

I'd closed thread and move all complaints to another thread, and bugreports/fixed left here. :)

Maybe youre motivated but im not..With Rev.2 I worked hard for my Scores and also got rewarded with at least some points because most of the Time I managed it to jump into top5.

Now with Rev.3 its not necessary to work hard because Place 1,2,3 are Scores with LN2 and the rest of the Scores just gets 0.x Points. Thats not the reward for hours of tweaking and benching...

I'm motivated because benching is fun. I like to contribute as much as possible to my team, no matter how much points that may be ... even if it's 0,1P.

You're making a great generalisation by stating that #1/2/3 is with LN2. Not a correct one. Furthermore, overclocking does involve tweaking with cooling and voltages ... it has been an inherent part of the game since the absolute beginning.

Another suggestion:

E.g. GTX285 http://hwbot.org/hardware/videocard/geforce_gtx_285?tab=hall%20of%20fame

Could you split up the multiple cards ranking? Would be nice if you can directly see the ranking for 2 GPUs only and 3 GPUs only.

We tried to fit that into the release, but it didn't make it. It's on top of the to-do list for sure.

Another bug :)

No scores are worth mentioning. Get your team to benchmark more!

more »

all new entries »

team info »

Today's top benchmark scores.

No benchmark scores are worth mentioning. It's a slow day, so it seems.

Just uploaded Maxmem result, but it's not stated :)

Happy 2010 to everybody, and thanks HWBot Crew for good gift for NY! We appreciate ;)

Made with freezelight on 29.DEC night (3 AM :D) with photocam. No photoshop :D

http://www.xdevs.com/images/ny2010/25.jpg

If you look at the same rank, that's not true. The best 50% get HW boints, so 7th and 12th should get the same 0.1 boints, but 5th will give a bit more.

50% get HW boints ?

by HW boints, you mean more than 0.1pts, do you ?

so why in a categorie with 73 scores, the 25th has only 0.1pts (and the 24th has 1.7pts...) ?

Hmmmm........Did you guys got payed by NVIDIA?..... :)

Reason I'm asking is SIMPLE:

NVIDIA is about to brink to as their new GPUs which - GUESS - they are "SINGLE CORE GPUs"

They will BEAT SINGLE ATI 5870 VGA for sure BUT NOT "easily" their 5970 one.... ;)

SO people will get the most hwpoints using them.... ;)

5970 will be "worthless" THOUGH it'll get BIGGER numbers.... ;)

DID you got payed by NVIDIA?....... :)

P.S. I'm with SOF on that..... :)

hipro5 here from another computer........ :D

Edited by $@39@

Hmmmm........Did you guys got payed by NVIDIA?..... :)

Reason I'm asking is SIMPLE:

NVIDIA is about to brink to as their new GPUs which - GUESS - they are "SINGLE CORE GPUs"

They will BEAT SINGLE ATI 5870 VGA for sure BUT NOT "easily" their 5970 one.... ;)

SO people will get the most hwpoints using them.... ;)

5970 will be "worthless" THOUGH it'll get BIGGER numbers.... ;)

DID you got payed by NVIDIA?....... :)

P.S. I'm with SOF on that..... :)

hipro5 here from another computer........ :D

Sorry george I think that complaint is a bit silly. When nvidia release a dual gpu version of gt300 it will wreck 5970 also. single vs single, dual vs dual. You cant blame hwbot b/c nvidia makes a stronger card... Not to mention single core gt300 will never compete directly against 5970. gt300=single, 5970=multi.

50% get HW boints ?

by HW boints, you mean more than 0.1pts, do you ?

so why in a categorie with 73 scores, the 25th has only 0.1pts (and the 24th has 1.7pts...) ?

Could be a bug, I found some similar stuff in the A64 rankings. Is it a category for an old CPU or GPU?

And I mean more than 0.1, yes (like 0.2 and above ;) )