HWBOT Community Forums

Easy way to be top 10 in Pro League

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, it might be the language barrier as expressed before... but this discussion is maybe the result of many discussions in topics at HWbot before. Dealing with expensive hardware, multiple GPU's etc... and most were started by Brazilian OC'ers... Look I don't point a finger at you as maybe your only intention was to highlight what can be done with "special" hardware. But this has been dealt before and heavily discussed. That's why I asked you previously what the aim was of this thread. Never mind it's the ways of the internet, things get drawn out of proportion sometimes...

Every time I see one of "these" threads it is usually from "that" camp and it is getting extremely old. I agree with everything you have said Leeghoofd.

dhenzjhen deserves to be congratulated imho, he made it to the top 10 in a fairly short amount of time, and that is awesome. Who cares if he benches crazy setups that most of us will never even have the chance to use. This just shows that there is more than one way to get to the top of the ladders without benching commonly used hardware.

I don't have the resources to bench 4 way sli/quadfire or mp setups, but there is no crying over here, just saying.

How come no one complains when you beat their score with a lower mhz and better efficiency..?

*I mean - Isnt that the whole basis of the OP's argument? : less effort..lower/no OC..

So, basically we could rename the 'Low Clock' competitions to "Complain about scores with a lower OC than yours" competition too right..?

.. really your argument is invalid, because aliens.

Long thread, didn't read all the replies.

The first post makes 100% sense. This is an issue related to the minimum points for UGP and has been reported before. In our buglist, we have a task to address this with a small finetuning of the UGP in exotic categories.

http://bugs.hwbot.org/browse/HWBOT-694

- 10pts for a global with 10 or less submissions

- 20pts for 10-20 subs

- 30pts for 20-30 subs

- 40pts for 30-40

- 50pts for 40-50

- 60pts for 51+

Not sure when it will be actually in production.

• Crew
The first post makes 100% sense. This is an issue related to the minimum points for UGP and has been reported before. In our buglist, we have a task to address this with a small finetuning of the UGP in exotic categories. Not sure when it will be actually in production.

Good to hear HWBot is continously evolving :D It will all work out Sergio, it just takes time...

The first post makes 100% sense. This is an issue related to the minimum points for UGP and has been reported before. In our buglist, we have a task to address this with a small finetuning of the UGP in exotic categories.

Thanks to understanding.

IMHO there are many guys working to get better scores, and still working hard they can not take 600...700 points...

In my opinion, is not a valid argument to talk about efficiency, operating system, because there are no results for comparison.

If some here think is right compete against himself (alone) and still win many points, I think is different.

For me, only deserve points for those who work for it, and that means at least have overclocked the system and played with others (not valid #1 best for 1 results).

i guess overclocking is the wrong word to describe "performance submissions".. I agree with the points being 'funny' a bit.. as you would never really enter a competition and "win" against yourself... *Even in martial arts and racing.. you need at least as many competitors as you have podium places...

**Buut - a sub is a sub.. and you can always beat someone else's score/entry by tweaking/tuning more or more effectively. THAT is winning. Though it may seem that Dehenz has found a niche for his server based goods.. i dont think its fair to say that his subs are not 'valid' or worth points.. He runs a tuned OS which is optimized for the benchies he is using. I would venture to say that most users would be hard-pressed to match his scores with the same hardware. Running +1mhz over stock or not is irrelevant.

- ie 2x subs for 32mil Pi are entered... one with cpu @ 5.7ghz, one with cpu @ 5.13ghz... slower CPU has more efficient time and therefor better score. Do you now intend to reduce the points of the user with the slower OC.. because he use "less effort" to make result? ... Surely this is not the way.

@ hookie - banana dragon trumps aliens .. :(

Edited by CL3P20

- 10pts for a global with 10 or less submissions

- 20pts for 10-20 subs

- 30pts for 20-30 subs

- 40pts for 30-40

- 50pts for 40-50

- 60pts for 51+

Edited by I.M.O.G.

So bonanza continues :)

http://hwbot.org/submission/2271768_dhenzjhen_pcmark_2005_2x_opteron_6272_5494_marks

No overclock...no tweak...memory relax.

I really can not understand, sorry, but looks like is not important to overclock.

Just run

If the boot was on the other foot your attitude would change

Do you not read anything in this thread? Are you so single minded all you want to do is complain?

People choose to compete in whatever category they like. If you don't like it, then either SUGGEST IMPROVEMENT or go find excitement in your life.

• 3 months later...
Looks like don't need to overclock hard to be in top 10

I noticed sometimes don't need to have lots of effort get good scores.

Curious scores can give lots of points, and better, you don't need to overclock hard your system...is just run the benchmark.

You will understand:

15g5com.png

wtd3s6.png

2rz2oo0.png

261gmxu.png

a1o9pe.png

2d9ejgl.png

sbingm.png

whavr.png

ab55yp.png

And many more there

Nice catch to get lots of points easy (honest way, because follow the hwbot rules).

Think about it

I still believe it will be fixed.

Nothing wrong about the rules, but to be inside the best overclockers, to overclock must be needed.

This way, is only needed to have a strong hardware that nobody can get and compete alone (lots of points to compete alone???)