HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA EMEA 2012 thread.

Massman

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BINGO! You will complete pay ticket/hotel expenses for others :)

Till a few years ago these comps used to be closed to normal overclockers and only being a invite only competition, even then we (overclockers) used to have problems, and now that its open we still complain. So what should be done???? Make these competitions again for only Pro-Overclockers????

Though even I have a problem, and that is the prizes, that should be higher, some1 earning 6th & 7th Position in the continent (or 2) should not be handed over just a motherboard IMO, Many would say they do not participate to Win paltry prizes but glory or other such fascinating things but I believe atleast better prizes for the next few should be done which was the case earlier.

• Crew

I don't know about you guys but i love the risk!

Love the burn, love the death, love the victory. Great results taste even sweeter when you've tried so hard to get there. Knowing my nice CPU might die at any moment makes it more thrilling (maybe im just weird..). I have one more push to do, tomorrow.

I killed my ref 7970, tough shit. But because i have such an amazing friend Drweez managed to swap it out for a lightning 7970 with little cost extra. Win!

The only thing i HATE about this competition is that butterfly that won't land on the rock in 03

eish! The EMEA MOA Qualifiers has been extremely tough for alot of us judging by some of the conversations and posts here.

while MSi has done a great job with the Z77A-GD65 and i like the board compared to its predecessors but only the first couple of bench session are great and then something go's wrong with the ME8/bios and or the components on the board.

I have had 4 boards now that developed the issue where the maximum multiplier is 39x and after a wipe/reflash the board works and functionality is restored but no stability at high clocks and low temps can be reached again.

added to this have tested a total of five 7970 Lightnings and the results have been a wild!

1) LN2 CB -140 1600 @ 1.598 - AIR 1300Mhz @ 1.3

2) LN2 CB -30 1550 @ 1.550 - AIR 1300Mhz @ 1.3

3) LN2 CB -80 1630 @ 1.610 - AIR 1300Mhz @ 1.3 - DEAD (0.0 vGPU)

4) LN2 CB -90 1500 @ 1.650 - AIR 1200Mhz @ 1.3 - DEAD (0.0 vGPU)

5) LN2 CB -95 1610 @ 1.620 - AIR 1300Mhz @ 1.3

Last night my best 7970 lightning died while testing memory clocks for SuperPi32 on a GD65 that had the 39x error fix, stock bios, stock heat sink at stock clocks just 5 seconds into 06 with 0.0vGPU :( :(

My best sessions was always my first session so after 4 weeks of hard frustrating benching tonight will be my last dash to the finish line (If I can get 03 and 11 to load) with my last good 7970 on my 5th GD65 with a new CPU.

This has been a real wild ride of emotions but all the same what a great competition and good luck to everyone during the last 2 days of benching

Thank you MSi, Hwbot and every one else who has assisted and advised over the last 4 weeks