HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA EMEA 2012 thread.

Massman

Let's get this one going! Two notes:

First of all, there's an important addition to the rules compared to the Americas qualifier: "The following system components may not be shared between individual MOA participants: CPU, memory or graphics card.". This means a much tighter hw sharing regulation than normal at hwbot.

Secondly, a point I already made in the other MOA thread.

By the way, just a point I want to bring up.

I know the competition is pretty 'high-end', so not everyone has the financial capabilities to compete for the tickets. I see some of you are also writing ~ "we'll compete if it's more fair". But keep in mind that this kind of large OC competitions will only continue if MSI sees that there's interest from the community and one of the parameters is number of people that join the event.

Just saying that it might be more interesting from a community-point of view to join the event to support it (and write a small message "hey - please make it more fair") rather than posting a forum message saying you won't submit because of the rules. There's a difference between 15 people competing with 0 complaints (in the scores) and 30 people competing with 15 complaints (in the scores).

I'm all in for complaining how the limitations are too high-end for qualification stages and that we would prefer to see everything happen live. But, we have to make sure that MSI also knows that we love the MOA competitions and want them to continue this for at least another decade! Therefore, I would strongly recommend anyone who wants to support the MOA competition series to at least make one submission. You can use the description box to make a complaint or a suggestion. At least then I'll be able to show hard figures to MSI and tell them there is a lot of interest and enthusiasm for MOA, but even more would be happy if there's some change to the qualification stage :).

Just make sure that MSI knows you love MOA (if you do, of course) ... pretty important ;)

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

1 for euro/asia, 1 for everyone else,

i dont want to go and buy a MSI board when I can use Festers and it has no impact on my score other than the fact I dont have to spend extra money on it

whatevs

Only MSI graphics card, can I use HD4000 in the Intel chip? And nah, I am not joking... I wont buy a MSI graphics card, but would like to enter in order to pad MSI's back and give my support to them hosting MOA, will just be a watercooled or single stage entry anyway :-)

EDIT; Pro not trying to bust your balls here, but this one is EMEA, not Asia

Another question though

How u possible?

Efmi.jpg

Final y u last month?

Edited by M.Beier

It IS a mid comp rule change massman! why is one region getting one rule while others are getting something else? We've all made plans here, ordered LN2, booked flights and if the rule says we cant share parts like MSI board that james mentioned(as one example), it's going to be a bit of a miss from our end.... :(

You are deviating from normal HWBOT rules!!!

Edited by dinos22

We've all made plans here, ordered LN2, booked flights .......

Haha, It always hurts a bit when buying CPUs and stuff and see the bills on my virtual doormat. But booking flights for a bench session!? .... You just took the pain away for a little moment, thanks for that! :D

imo i think sharing rule was good for this one.. It says that u cant share parts with other competitors so why dont u teamup with someone who got msi mb or somthing you dont? :)

I have prepared and bought one part at time for this qualifier and i think buying msi motherboard wont be problem after buying 600euros GPU and 320euros cpu? :)

Everyone will not agree maybe, but still its more fair for those ones who actually spend they moneys alone for all the parts wich is needet in this kind competition. Now if u can only add one rule, that competitors have to buy their own hardwares, wich will not happen i bet :D hehe..

• Crew

i agree with sember if you share components it will be with the person you want with you anyway right? So you can submit as 1 person

if i had a golden GPU and share it with 2 other dudes, that would mean 3 good scores, and possibly 6 of us going because of 1 golden item.

But i agree with james on the Mobo part, mobo is a mobo o_o.

Is south africa part of EMEA? probly? Cause we straight down the line also on GMT+2. But for GOOC we are APAC :P

Just great, thanks for the rule change :rolleyes:

No one here is looking at using the same GPU for 3D or CPU for SPI.

I've starting testing retail 3770K's, which is now a total waste of my money.

Ordered a 7970 Lightning, was holding off getting another card till after seeing what non ref 680's are like. But I ordered it as I was going to need the 7970 for this comp.

Booked flights to Sydney to use Carls Mobo, as there are Zero MSI Socket 2011 boards for sale here, on top of that (not that it matters as there is no stock) flights are $200 cheaper than the board lol, as well as the ln2 is much, much cheaper there.

In the first post there is a quote, kind of asking for more members to take part, as total numbers help to get more/on going events.

Yet in the same post, the rules are changed which makes it even harder to take part...well done, and thanks for wasting my money.

Thanks for the offer my friend,

But two issues.

It will be $65US each way, and they may hit me up for a %15 import tax (doesn't matter if it's on loan etc here)

And the rules (at this time) say "No system components (CPU, mainboard, memory or graphics card) may be shared between individual MOA participants

Doesn't say heats or anything of the like, so I still couldn't do that, even if I was happy sinking yet more money into this.

But again, thanks for the offer.

Australia is a bloody big country , we have booked flights and spent around 2000 in flights, for us to meet and bench together, we all have our own ivy and gpu.s

changing rules mid comp is unfair for those who plan early to be prepared.

is there any way to reverse this rule ?

Alright mates, your complaints have been heard. Mainboards can be shared, passed on. All performance altering components (CPU, VGA, memory) can not be shared. With these benchmarks, the mainboard serves more as a competition compliance requirement than anything else.

Or as Vivi said it:

But i agree with james on the Mobo part, mobo is a mobo o_o.

So, now get benching already!

Is south africa part of EMEA? probly? Cause we straight down the line also on GMT+2. But for GOOC we are APAC :P

EMEA, yes.