HWBOT Community Forums

Epic cheating fail?

TJB_SC

IMOG, I remember benching with you guys... I had a great time.

I only posted that because I don't like mixing my benching with drama.

Basically, a lot of people got upset/offended and some people resorted to tactics that were bit lower than others. That can happen when you're covering for a friend or when egos are brought into it. I say we forget about this, wait for the point calculation updates, and move on with our lives while enjoying some friendly competition.

Edited by xxbassplayerxx

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like you dude. We met at the Microcenter thing we held and you were cool so I'm not looking to insult you, but that was an honest statement about something your teammates did recently.

Some people on your team have a bad attitude, and take pride in it:

http://hwbot.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51116

Maybe sergiorb deserved that thread for questioning the validity of stock scores worth 50+ points. But sergiorb just questioned the scores and did not personally belittle dhenzen as far as I saw.

I don't think its a very cool thing to make things a personal attack by bullying someone with less power. Especially a personal attack where someone is called a "fag". Hwbot staff removed that, not dhenzen. :-/ A person has to be seriously ignorant if they can't disagree without resorting to publicly posting a slur like that like there is nothing wrong with it.

Although I don't agree with sergio, he has a right to complain in a decent manner. Dhenzjhen (or how you spell it) got warned, and if he posts shit like that again I'll personally make sure he'll get a nice, long vacation:)

I don't think anyone can disagree with the fact that it was unnecessary and stupid, and just one fool acting on his own - AFAIK he was the only one who was being rude.

Hey guys, I'd like to make and apologize for what I have said and done. I know I did something wrong and I'm very sorry for that, but that won't happen again ....Like bassplayer said, let's just wait for hwbot to get fixed and move on..

I told sergio....forget...they will not change...

I do not see sergio make any personal attack to anyone, and I completely agree that people deserve to get boints ONLY if they overclocked their systems

I think is a fail in the rules, but I just give up to complain or try to change something...because I know is impossible to be 100% fair and nine to all

Regardless I did not post in the thread, I completely disagree the way that some people did attack sergio...

He is no more overclocking, but he follow our team and our forum and I never see him missed to use

a polite way.

Instead 3 or 4 guys posted bad things... and to me this not help the overclocking community to grow up.

Is only my point of view

Edited by rbuass

I'm not sure if I completely understand what you're saying, but if I do, here's my response:

I'm sorry your friend is quitting. Perhaps he should reconsider what he's quitting for... It isn't going to benefit him at all to give up a hobby because a few people said rude things to him. It's best to put on a thick skin and do your best not to retaliate. Things will blow over.

Edited by xxbassplayerxx
typo >.<

I'm not sure if I completely understand what you're saying, but if I do, here's my response:

I'm sorry your friend is quitting. Perhaps he should reconsider what he's quitting for... It isn't going to benefit him at all to give up a hobby because a few people said rude things to him. It's best to put on a think skin and do your best not to retaliate. Things will blow over.

+1, Water off a ducks back as my boss would say. If you bring up what has proven to be a relatively controversial topic then you really do need to be prepared to deal with some backlash, some have put their arguments forward much better than others but that's the way things go sometimes.

Good thing for the above posts with Dhen and Bass, else I'd probably have associated OCN with Reggie's post.

Thanks reggie, point proven for why I said what is in your Sig. I didn't do anything mean or rude, except allude to the fact that you cant criticize anything about oCn without being attacked/bullied. And I held your teammates responsible for using a slur, when no one on your team bothered to do so. You sir have no class, and you, as well as people like you who are in such great abundance at oCn are just bad for the OC community at large.

A few bad eggs can, and do, spoil the bunch.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

Thanks reggie, point proven for why I said what is in your Sig. I didn't do anything mean or rude, except allude to the fact that you cant criticize anything about oCn without being attacked/bullied. And I held your teammates responsible for using a slur, when no one on your team bothered to do so. You sir have no class, and you, as well as people like you who are in such great abundance at oCn are just bad for the OC community at large.

A few bad eggs can, and do, spoil the bunch.

No need to generalize, guys :/

No need to generalize, guys :/

Very true. There are many people on the giant OCN team that are great guys, including yourself. Unfortunately your team's overall reputation is tarnished by those that make posts like reggie did up there.

EDIT - I see that post was taken care of; thanks HWBot staff!

Not really sure what's going on here but it seems pretty pointless.

And all Mr Beier's fault :)

Talking about that post El Gappo?

*** did that for quite a while though.... And many top10 hwbot users have been 'creative'......

Creativity seems to be blamed in our community :(

I agree the thread should have been closed for a while...

I agree both of you Knut ;) But I know those attidudes...

We gat all those kinda wars between teams in a same country. Italia make their own sometimes, France too (but a bit different since a few years)

I think all those pueril behavior should calm down definitely! We aren't kids guys... are we? oO

OCN vs the entire community :D ...short sum up (or troll ^^)

Only 5 pages Roman but trans threaded/forumed "flamewar"...

@Albrecht: Do I need to consider myself as old too? From the begining? oO

Edit: No offense I.M.O.G.

Edited by Eeky NoX
No more popcorn :(

Can anybody explain in few words what's going on here?

1. M.Beier mentioned some top scores from the top 10 oc'ers are "creative"

2. Gamer asked what he meant, I suggested others had criticized big global scores in low competition areas, although when done against OCN members it got ugly

3. bassplayer is a friend of mine and took offense to my comment, so I explained why I mentioned it (Several OCN members bullied this sergiorb guy for criticizing the scoring mechanism and one called him a f** - which I think is a really ignorant word to use)

4. He politely suggested we forget about it, another OCN guy apologized in general for the use of "f**", while at the same time OCN-reggiesanchez went on swearing/calling me names and mocking me (that's why some have my quote in their sigs, because they are proud of how they act I guess)

5. hwbot peanut gallery watches train wreck transpire

That roughly sums it up. I probably shouldn't have referenced or explained what happened, hwbot staff addressed the problem in the first place.

Edited by I.M.O.G.

Hey guys, I just got home, I've had a nice day too :)

First of all, I am not even sure who Sergio is, sorry :(

I do not suggest anyone cheating, except OPB - and if I suspect someone is cheating, I'll be crying on Massman or Christian Ney's msn within a few min.

HIWA was creative with LOC as some may remember, along many other top OC'ers - while ryba boarded a flight and used elmors prebinned hardware.... HIWA served time, and wont do that again, I believe.

Others have submitted HW that was not released, as other hardware.... Hence; Phenom II X4 965 125W / 140W, due to NDA - something I consider being a bad sport, but not cheating.... Thats why I say, people are being creative.

I do not mean no harm, not going to start a war, and I am not competing on hwbot myself - so not really effecting me.