HWBOT Community Forums

Sony support center is awesome. Or not!

Christian Ney

Hello Dear,

I would like to have latest Sony (nVidia) drivers for this computer, the ones available on nVidia's website arent working (I know why, no need to explain it to me) and the ones installed/ones I find on your website for this product are 2 years old.

Many thanks

Dear Mr Ney

Thank you for contacting Sony.

I understand that you would like to get the latest Nvidia drivers for this Vaio model VPCJ11M1E/B.

Please be advised that we can only provide the drivers that available on our website and after checking the website we would like to clarify that we don't have any driver update of the NVIDIA driver for this Vaio model.

The only available driver for this Vaio is the preinstalled driver which was released in July 2007 and an update for the Intel graphics card.

Should you have any further questions or queries, please feel free to reply to this email or contact us at the below numbers:

Yours sincerely

Dear,

Nice you have drivers from 2007 for a computer that was released in 2010 how did you manage that ?

Since you seems to have no drivers updates for this product, how one can play games on it ?

Best Regards

Dear Mr Ney

Thank you for your recent email.

Please be advised that the drivers are for the components inside the machine and these components does not have to be released in same year of releasing the computer.

In regards to the driver update, please be advised that I will raise your feedback however I don't have an estimetd time average for getting a reply.

Should you have any further questions or queries, please feel free to reply to this email or contact us at the below numbers:

Yours sincerely

Dear,

Please be advised that I am a professional hardware and computer components tester/reviewer and I know what is inside the machine.

Please be advised that the component we are talking about is the nVidia GeForce 310M which has been released in january 2010.

I don't know where your 2007 comes from.

Can you please escalate this case to someone in charge or Sony's technical/engineer guys who may be able to help me solve the case. Whithout offence, you are unable to help me and just wasting my time.

Many Thanks

Best Regards

Edited by Christian Ney