HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Country Cup 2012 thread.

teurorist

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your comments . :)

It was a very hard and stressful month full of benching without much sleep .

Congrats to all the teams that participated this year !

My favourite stage was the vantage one ! Best stage ever ! Zombies all over the place ! :D

Nvidia all the way for me !!! :)

Finally , i have to congratulate all the fellow Greek overclockers that helped to reach the top spot !

Gratz to Greece, i was a very hard competition this year! Gratz to Poland and Inodonesia, you got some awesome scores!

Thanks to my team mates Infrared and lkozarov, to my family for the understanding that im not with them on holidays like the normal users and 10x to HWBOT staff for making this cometiotion!

@HWBOT staff one recommendation, for future to make competition little bit early. It will be beter for all of us, few reasons are:

We will have more time

We will have better results

Shipping works better (end of the year is nightmare to buy or ship smthng internationaly)

We will be with our family on holidays (i really miss it this year :( )

You wont have to seek new job and new wife/gf cuz u bench almost non stop

Yep, I can add a few words about this.

On top of that LN2 suppliers don't work during holidays and we all were at work during the day/night. Some of us were working even during the official holidays. We barely managed to organize some bench sessions with all of us present. And ofcourse LN2 is never enough :).

Our familes definitely were not happy for our absense...

Otherwise, it was interesting, however I'd love to see some Ati stuff next time :).

@HWBOT staff one recommendation, for future to make competition little bit early. It will be beter for all of us, few reasons are:

We will have more time

We will have better results

Shipping works better (end of the year is nightmare to buy or ship smthng internationaly)

We will be with our family on holidays (i really miss it this year :( )

You wont have to seek new job and new wife/gf cuz u bench almost non stop

Agree 100% with this one. For me I don't have a problem with the competition timeframe, but if the announcement can be done at least 1 or 1.5 months prior to the competition, then we have more time to search for it, especially for the "WTF hardware" stages :D

And if I can suggest something more, maybe it's better to keep the 'legacy' hardware on the Team Cup and do some 'newer' hardware on the Country Cup, so hardware availability is better for some countries, and more can join ;)

(or maybe if the new hardware is quite popular,then maybe some vendor will be interested in giving some sponsorship or some prizes :) )

Cheers,

Edited by Lucky_n00b