HWBOT Community Forums

XTU score variance

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So given that you can't see what OS XTU results use (no SS), and there are magic "tweaks" in the wild, and a lot of the SS's that do exist that show high scores are on Win8, can we block all XTU results for being suspiciously high?

If not, what, if anything, can/is be/being done about win8 and XTU?

I'll check with our developer tomorrow. It's an interesting issue. XTU is designer to automatically stop submissions with ES of unreleased hardware. For example, Ivy Bridge-E submission support was added a couple of weeks before the launch, but those submissions did not make it to public. There is code logic to enable them once the hardware is launched, but apparently this is not working for IVBE.

You have a Sandy Bridge-EP. Not sure if we even have a launch date for that platform in our (xtu) database :D

Ah, I see what the problem is. For the 8xCPU submission, the CPU string is "Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2687W 0 @ 3.10GHz". For the other one it's, "Genuine Intel® CPU @ 3.10GHz". Any CPU string that does not have an actual product sku but has something along the lines of Genuine Intel is blocked by default.

The reason is (sort of) explained here: http://forum.hwbot.org/showpost.php?p=243199&postcount=5. Genuine Intel is a qualification sample, and Intel does not want those to be used for XTU profiles and scores.

How come it says Genuine Intel? Older silicon revision?

Do you have any error message? What's exactly the problem?

Link to the submission?

After I submit it I get a message saying I'm using ES or unreleased hardware and agree to not accept any points for the submission.

The submission isn't saved anywhere that I see it.

I don't think XTU has been updated for Ivy E yet.

I think it has because yesterday when I started XTU the auto update notified there was a new update so I installed it.