HWBOT Community Forums

The official HyperX OC Takeover (HOT) thread.

Massman

With the next comp it would be nice if they limit it to mem you can actually get.. i had to work with beasts which were ok.. but nothing compared to the others.. that made it tough.. amd this damn cb.. was even at -70 one time... wtf... what were you guys at for benching?

Every bit of ram was purchased or borrowed from a teammate and in the end I ended up using the BDBG kit which showed up just in time from Portugal, it's all logistics bro :)

I was benching 32M @ -117cb on the Venom (very tricky btw) and XTU at -115c for reference.

No issues at all.. just would have been nice to source memory. . Most if not all memory that won the comp is unavailable to buy.

it is what it is. I had mfr coming which should have been decent for this, but can celled them when I heard about the rules which made it even harder. . Next time I think they should take that into account. The comp was fun, just cold bug issues plagued me.. Each time I would bench it would be different.. i mount and probe the same spots every time. I put probes on chip and in pot. Makes no sense to me of what it could be.. i spent more time testing for cb then benching and with no real conclusion. It really kills me when I pop the same exact chip in the formula and then I can bench at -133. Iod was only at 1.1 .. I'm really stumped. I tried different chips also and they would do it also. Even tried multiple boards. One time my impact cold bugged at -70 with 2 separate chips.. i really have to wonder if the chip set is causing the problem.. i had 1 impact fail and 1 m6e fail. That first impact let me bench at -115 then the second one did -70 then magically went to 100. I was benching -110 on the M6E then it would never go lower then -100.. i just wish I could figure this out.. my 32m run was stuck at around -110 and then raised to -100 by mid bench.. anyways congrats to all who made it.. will be fun to watch what happens in vegas :) are the anymore contests going to be going on in vegas at the sametime? I might want to fly out to have some fun. :)

Every bit of ram was purchased or borrowed from a teammate and in the end I ended up using the BDBG kit which showed up just in time from Portugal, it's all logistics bro :)

I was benching 32M @ -117cb on the Venom (very tricky btw) and XTU at -115c for reference.

No issues at all.. just would have been nice to source memory. . Most if not all memory that won the comp is unavailable to buy.

it is what it is. I had mfr coming which should have been decent for this, but can celled them when I heard about the rules which made it even harder. . Next time I think they should take that into account. The comp was fun, just cold bug issues plagued me.. Each time I would bench it would be different.. i mount and probe the same spots every time. I put probes on chip and in pot. Makes no sense to me of what it could be.. i spent more time testing for cb then benching and with no real conclusion. It really kills me when I pop the same exact chip in the formula and then I can bench at -133. Iod was only at 1.1 .. I'm really stumped. I tried different chips also and they would do it also. Even tried multiple boards. One time my impact cold bugged at -70 with 2 separate chips.. i really have to wonder if the chip set is causing the problem.. i had 1 impact fail and 1 m6e fail. That first impact let me bench at -115 then the second one did -70 then magically went to 100. I was benching -110 on the M6E then it would never go lower then -100.. i just wish I could figure this out.. my 32m run was stuck at around -110 and then raised to -100 by mid bench.. anyways congrats to all who made it.. will be fun to watch what happens in vegas :) are the anymore contests going to be going on in vegas at the sametime? I might want to fly out to have some fun. :)

ViVi and I discuessed this as well, rando CB -20c less than normal sometimes. Strange

• Crew

Congrats to all!!

I dont want to be robocop but #6 on memory frequency posted a picture (without serial label) of hyper X anniversary stick which only comes in 4gb capacities. And the CPU-Z file is a 2gb stick. i know cause i also bought some anniversary sticks. sorry if im making bunnyextraction :<

http://www.kingston.com/en/memory/hyperx/genesis/10year

EDIT: ok i see there is another naked dimm in the other slot. that might be the 2048 stick he made the score with. probly Langauge barrier making picture rules hard to understand

Edited by Vivi

CPU-Z 1.67 launched on the 12th of October so after the start of the contest.

I would say it's not a problem.

In addition the score is validated on HWBOT, the purpose of the screenshot is to make sure Kingston/HyperX memory is used and the score as been done for this contest.

Congratulations Everyone!

Even after killing 2 of my best CPU, a Maximus VI Extreme and one Impact, I couldn't put up good scores to qualify :P :p. This was one of the toughest 2D challenge I've seen in this year, really CRAZY scores, with many gem CPU deaths (especially in XTU x_x). I say that those 5 overclockers on top really deserves to be in the Final. Vegas, baby! :D

Looking forward to see the livestream on the finals ;)