HWBOT Community Forums

Looks for the essence of overclocking changed

rbuass

Checking the best scores today, I noticed the focus of the league changed.

Much more for 2D.... and looks for the most important benchmark is XTU.... the most rewarded and benched.

That's different from my focus... regardless I like 2D benchmarks, I still consider 3D hardest and much more difficult, more technical, and according to my point of view, should be more valued.

Anyway, it does not matter to me ..... because the importance I gave before to Worldwinde Overclocking League, was much higher than now.

At the moment I bench only for me and for fun... , not caring about rankings and competitions.

The overclocking for me now, is to try to beat records or get great scores in the benchs that I like ... as 3Dmark11, Vantage, Fire Strike, Unigine... and some old 3D benchs.

Looks for 3D benchmarks today, is not too important than benchmarks like XTU, Cinebench, CPUZ and memory clock...

Maybe is the reason I am no more active than before in the league and in the forum here...

Best wishes for all

dx81.png

2bsn.png

Edited by rbuass

^Agreed, I could alternatively wait until MOA time and show a crap load of FSE and 3D11 subs, point is some of us like 2D and some of us like 3D and that is the essence of overclocking to me. Being able to have the ability to choose what to bench and when simply because it is fun.

I have no interest in PCMark 05 or 4 way all out for 3D, but I also don't bash it because just like any benchmark one must spend time dialing in a proper run.

Might also be related to the fact that to be competitive in 3D benchmarks, you needed a GTX Titan until very recently. That's a USD $1000 card, with no possible RMA course if killed as you need to epower the thing to get it going.

CPU benchmarks can be done competitively with a 300$ Haswell chip. And if you kill the CPU, chances are high you can also RMA it.

• 3 weeks later...

Being relatively new to benching i don't quite get the amount of benches that score no points, maybe a couple for HW if you're lucky. I've not even looked at half of them due to a 'what's the point' attitude if they don't score. (no pun intended!)

The selection of point scoring benches is quite good, don't get me wrong, but i think if the others were awarded pt's as well it would definitely be a positive, maybe open things up a bit more/more interest in those particular benches.

Edited by Doug2507