HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA 2014 Grand final thread.

Massman

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance in Class B for guys like me or you. Not underestimating your skills, but it would require cpu binning, which means one thing - money.

And class B is global, which lowers our chances even further.

Class A seems easier, but is much more expensive, at least on paper.

I might try this year, but haven't decided yet.

Plus hardware availability for these components is not existent in Bulgaria.

The cpu will probably be available some time next month (if I manage to get one from the first delivery), but the mobo needs to be ordered from abroad.

No Lightning either, if I choose class A.

What batch? :P

Given the timeframe for qualifiers, I would not have a choice for different batches.

The one that will be imported will have the same batch for all cpus and we will have to wait for another one, when it will be not sure if it will be available before the qualifiers end.

Plus I can't buy many cpus, probably 3 max at a given time, then need to sell them quick to get some more (if available in the stores).

if you buy from a good batch you only need to buy 5 cpu's. if you buy from a rotten batch you will need 100.

The variance of those cheap cpu is going to be crazy. I mean, from 20 4770K of same batch(L316B291), the best I got is 5Ghz @ 1.25V 2c/2t pi 1M, the worst is 4.6 @ 1.25V 2c/2t pi 1M.

But from some G3258s, I found a 4.9Ghz @ 1.25v pi 1m (maxxed 6.2Ghz pi 32M LN2), but i also found the one who can't pass 4.5 Ghz pi 1M even with 1.3 V.(5.5Ghz max valids LN2)

If the silicon quality of retail Pentium G3258 were the same as the ES I tested in TW, then yes we're going to need hundreds of them before we found a good one :D :D

If you looking at how strong the competition is for Class B, and you're looking at how hard it is to find a good CPU, you're going to be discouraged before you even start.

What's the use then of participating if you're not going to enjoy it?

Just buy a few CPU's, keep the best one, get the GPU and do your best with what you have. If you're gonna stress yourself out about winning then you are missing out on all the fun.

Overclocking in concept is to take the hardware that you have and OC the best you can by any means possible. Not everyone wins the silicone lottery :D

Just my 2c :)

If you looking at how strong the competition is for Class B, and you're looking at how hard it is to find a good CPU, you're going to be discouraged before you even start.

What's the use then of participating if you're not going to enjoy it?

Just buy a few CPU's, keep the best one, get the GPU and do your best with what you have. If you're gonna stress yourself out about winning then you are missing out on all the fun.

Overclocking in concept is to take the hardware that you have and OC the best you can by any means possible. Not everyone wins the silicone lottery :D

Just my 2c :)

QFT...

:( This year will be tough. I hate this one person per country rule, but at least we still have the MOA :D

Just hope the finals doesn't coincide with the Brazil Game Show... Last year that was a concern for all Brazilian finalists and this year it would be (I guess) again...

What happen if the CPU (G3258) is not release the date that should be?

I mean, on Newegg was initially announced to release on June 20th, but now says July 1st while Amazon keeps the June 25th.

Check the attachment jpg

Import it from a place where it is available?

Import it from a place where it is available?

In all e-Store that I visit yesterday was for pre-order. I am not from the USA so, if I bought that CPU in Taiwan or China I would have to wait almost 1 or 2 months until CPU arrive to my home.

I placed the pre-order on Amazon yesterday, let's hope that they ship it according to the initial date.