HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA 2011 Americas Online pre-selection thread.

Beaux Loy

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh splave, it will work......problem is not reliably unless you drop uncore.....as In I would not want to waste the time on ln2 getting it to work especially in my circumstance where i can't afford to piss away ln2, nor is a 5.6 gig 32m chip worth my time/ln2 more than once in it's life span.

Trying to pinpoint it for bios feedback but no luck so far.

Edited by chew*

tbh splave, it will work......problem is not reliably unless you drop uncore.....as In I would not want to waste the time on ln2 getting it to work especially in my circumstance where i can't afford to piss away ln2, nor is a 5.6 gig 32m chip worth my time/ln2 more than once in it's life span.

Trying to pinpoint it for bios feedback but no luck so far.

appreciate it brian, guess I will stick to the BDBG unless the gtx3 makes it here in time. Will try to keep chipping at tRAS and tRFC. tRCD sadly wont do 9 unless i slow it way down.

Going to try my other 980x this weekend, ran 6150 pretty easily in the r3e but uncore not quite as strong.

Great run mike! :D 5870 ftw

I really like this contest, but what about the people that can't pay the components?

Why don't create a more "budget" selection? I mean, all the competitors are running phase change as the best cooler, while some people like me still running air cooler or custom LCS. When I see the announcement I thought in enter to the game, but after read the rules was disappointed, only Intel and Fermi :(

Like I say, is a very good contest, but MSI and the other sponsors should think more in the people that doesn't have for a 980x and LN2 to enter the contest.

I understand man...and can tell you this is a normal problem here in my country too...

Very Expensive LN2 and hardware (many more than Colombia...ask to Sebastian...

But this is a Extreme Overcocking Competition and we can t forget MSI is the only brand did a non extreme stage competition to MOA 2010.

I hope will have lots and lots competition for all guys

;)

MOA

The MSI Master Overclocking Arena (MOA) is the divine racing ground for global overclocking masters. The MSI invites worldwide overclocking gurus through on-line or on-site qualifications for a high-tech engagement. Equipped with most powerful computers available today each invited master is to challenge the limit with their excellent overclocking technique and to win the honor of overclocking master by breaking the world record under close watch of global media and overclocking players.

I know its unfair if you only have air cooling..or water cooling. but you have to understand we're benching at the highest level.

competition wise....there are lots of categories to prequalify.

1. buy an msi h55 board and a cpu for stage one... i think is the cheapest stage.

2-5 i don't know lol

Im sorry to here about your disappointment, but these contests are really for LN2 overclocking... Extreme.. If you were to win.. you would probably be out of place.. I think the mfc's are looking for more extreme oc'ers.. Don't get me wrong.. I love air oc'ing its quite fun... But ln2 is where you get all the records....

I am bummed that you guys don't get good hardware down there.. I know ekiller and Rbaus have mentioned that quite a bit... I am quite surprised that you don't get mfc's support downthere....

Very nice work Allen. Like the 32M with the PSC:)

Here was my shot with Vantage, just can't run with those killer clocks Step has man......awesome card Step:)

297455870vantage.png

Thanks Brian... I think your going to make me have to up my cpu clocks... lol....

Debating on what to bench.. just got 2 x580's at the house...

My sr2 is itching for some love... I have no idea...

^gtfo of this thread and into the laboratory duder ;)

I just tryed to get hypers to post both of my xpowers at 1700 7-8-7-24-74 for 4 hours, flashed ram, flashed 5 different bios, tryed x4 x5 x6 low uncore, high uncore x17-x28. B2B 0-12, RTL 59-71 (auto is 43 wtf?) XMP's, high vtt, low vtt, (board droops .06v even with low vdroop) Flashed ram to dominator gt, dominator gtx, tried my project X set, Dual channel, single channel...Whats the deal, why can some use and some cannot? seems the other thread died. Fails at XP startup screen every time, maddening!

When I first put my hypers in board would not post.....install 1 stick closest to cpu black slot post board, install next stick in black slot and post board, if that is sucessfull do it one more time with 3rd stick........

Boot 190 to 195 bclk..........then up it from there with dashboard.......

You have to go full manual timings and unlinked if your chasing speeds i'm running at, and when I say full manual not just setting to manual I mean running memtest and playing with each timing ;)

Last but not least do not gorilla balls tighten heatsink down, you should be able to spin it with ease. I actually loosened my waterblock up while in bios trying to figure shit out and it locked.......then i played around with that and sure enough i could piss the board off if it wasn't just barely secured.

Yah I noticed that awsome .60 droop as well............I might add board requires some patience for damn sure, lucky me i had plenty of training with 2 kids.

Edited by chew*