HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA 2011 Americas Online pre-selection thread.

Beaux Loy

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One day I would like to see a competition without an issue....

All in all, it was a great competition... It would be nice to see a weekly prize.. .this way we can get more submissions..

Chew, way to man.. up... :) See you in Vegas.

Gunslinger... man... spot on.. with ya..

Rbaus... Send me a pm with your msn.

This thread sets a new world record for amount of controversy over a Vantage score below 1100. :D

Hey now these driver were a pain to score on, 1100 almost got broken :P

I blame it on the missing/broken pin my board came with right out of the box.....I snapped it the rest of way off and plodded on.

I must say i totally expected socket to fry especially with a pin missing in the "danger" area.

To my surprise, the socket remained uncharred after extensive abuse however there has been a device with trouble code 28 ever since i first posted board, no clue if it's related to pin.

IMG_3142.jpg

gpuscore.jpg

Edited by chew*

These drivers for H55 did indeed suck. I'd go back when I get home and crush the hwbot records but frankly I'm sick of watching Jane Nash's boobies bounce at 2.3 FPS. Losing on a technicality blows but I believe thanks to Brian Y. I'll be there serving as LN2 monkey. See everone in Las Vegas and you can bet we're going to bring it, whatever IT is.

Now, to quote my only Canadian friend, Jody, who was quoting from an amazing movie.. "Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you,... you're cool and fuck you, I'm out!"

All official info coming soon.

You guys are really impatient :P

Yes we are =)

damn I got some pins out of place too.. now I'm not completely sure if only my 655k died, or if both cpu and mobo died or just the mobo =P

This was one of the competition with the highest tax of killed hardware since I started following... =P I know a lot of ppl who lost some stuff... =( Hope to get some of them back from more than one lucky draw (fuck yeah) =)

but probably I won't get anything.. I'm not a lucky guy

Yes we are =)

damn I got some pins out of place too.. now I'm not completely sure if only my 655k died, or if both cpu and mobo died or just the mobo =P

This was one of the competition with the highest tax of killed hardware since I started following... =P I know a lot of ppl who lost some stuff... =( Hope to get some of them back from more than one lucky draw (fuck yeah) =)

but probably I won't get anything.. I'm not a lucky guy

That pin is not out of place, nor was it my doing, its a clean crack new out of box. I have higher res shots, took them right after i removed socket cover.

click on pic again for full size.

http://chew.ln2cooling.com/XS%20low%20clock/IMG_3142.JPG

Whatever the case doesn't matter, I worked with board the way it was.

Edited by chew*

That pin is not out of place, nor was it my doing, its a clean crack new out of box. I have higher res shots, took them right after i removed socket cover.

click on pic again for full size.

http://chew.ln2cooling.com/XS%20low%20clock/IMG_3142.JPG

Whatever the case doesn't matter, I worked with board the way it was.

Don't know if I get it right, but for what I understood you fixed it before benching, right?

I was almost thinking about removing it in here too xD lol

But really strange to see things like that coming that way from the factory... Very well deserved score even more after some scary stuff like the pin "mod"

Don't know if I get it right, but for what I understood you fixed it before benching, right?

I was almost thinking about removing it in here too xD lol

But really strange to see things like that coming that way from the factory... Very well deserved score even more after some scary stuff like the pin "mod"

Nah i just plucked pin out and benched it with pin missing.