HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA 2011 Americas Online pre-selection thread.

Beaux Loy

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its sure is necessary ORB link to prevent cheat, bugs, photoshop and all necessary information.

I agree ORB link is mandatory to a Competitor, that s sure knows about the rules.

"Note that the current submissions, that have no link, will NOT be deleted. Future submissions require an verification link" november 11

I´m coming to here, just to talk about the 1st stage... IGP Vantage... just to remember guys... http://hwbot.org/forum/showpost.php?p=78915&postcount=70

follow the real situation about this stage

orbz.jpg

I relly sorry about the hondacity and gomeler... but your results are OUT OF RULES... Sorry guys...

hugs...

Sorry but you clearly misread rules.

FM link mandatory only for 5k series vantage and 400 series vantage.

FM link was not a requirement for IGP comp, I just subbed one personally so no questions were asked and no would could attempt to contest my score..............god knows I knew people would try to find something ;)

Also for the record, this has nothing to do with personal if thats the case me and gomer had a falling out quite some time ago in a koolance ln2 pot thread.

However just becasue we don't see eye to eye does not mean i don't have respect for a hard earned score, especially when the hard earned score is at a rather large clock deficit.......

What that shows me is exactly what MSI is looking for, a cut above the rest, if someone wants to win that bad to make a deal out it, shame on them.

Not like a cpu-z or gpu-z tab was missing.

Edited by chew*

congrats the winners! Enough with all this garbage, this is why the americans at these international events are hated.

Some great scores, and some great talented guys will go head to head in vegas in january. Way to twist something great into a drama fest.

PS @ dinos, not cool dude. What did my team ever do to you mate?

We're currently going through the submissions to check for validity.

Gomeler's P1060 score has been pulled from the competition due to the lack of wallpaper. Of course, this is a pity since the score was both done at high clocks and with decent efficiency, which proves a lot of work has gone into it. The competition rules are very clear: the wallpaper was mandatory.

Just FYI, competition teams consist of two people.

This is between MSI/Massman, Chris and Honda.

Just to be VERY clear about this: I, Massman, is not involved in the decision-making process. HWBOT is, however. Please make a clear distinction to what I do as HWBOT rep and what I do as Massman.

Thanks!

Why FM link is mandatory to GTX4XX and HD5XXX and is not mandatory to IGP...

What is the diference?

I think we always have to save results to prevent bugs, cheats, photoshops, etc...

Why a competitor can t lose 1 second to save validation file?

But its only mine opinion...if HWBOT/MSI agree results without validation, we will have to acept the decision...

Well, the rules changed the outcome. We value the rules otherwise competitions would be really ugly and we'd be blaming our beloved Massman. iJoke.

I apologize for the inconvenience Gomeler. Its just unfortunate. Maybe the new intel igpu is crazy. Maybe then we'll compete on that platform again. Also I thought Ross and sno.lcn and Beaux Loy would join.

As for the great scores, most of which are in the top10 in their respective categories @ the hwbot database. MSI just shows its strong hardwares and super overclockers in our huge region.

As for my efficiency I had problems with qpi/ram(resulting to low gt2), but MSI igpu vreg (DRMOS) is the best in my opinion, It pushed the gpu past 1400mhz. truly amazing :D

Thanks MSI and HWbot crew.

I just realized that no FM validation required for stage 1... =P

Really strange to have different submission rules for the same benchmark but its MSI who give the rules. Hope one day we will have an huge competition without any misunderstanding (like missing screenshots, bugged submissions and non required stuff implicit in main post and explicit on small post in the middle of a huge thread) =)

Anyway, had great fun benching a lot on these weeks.. Much better to just had saved the unnecessary validation this time instead of like LATIN MOA this year losing great scores opening coretemp in a extreme competition xD Think these things will get better and better through the time.

Great time on the online qualify, expecting a great time on the AM qualify finals =)

i am really disappointed that my friend spend time to validate link

i am not talking is cheat7

I am talking that validation ios needed

Who cares if its a bug, cheat, photoshop, etc...validation is to confirm results

last MOA competition, guy from Chile lose his points to don t have core temp in the screenshot...cause its the rules...

Thats the rules

If the "two necessary" are not specificate...can be "onboard" and "offboard"

and. not GTX4XX and HDXXX

What is the diference....and why GTX 4XX and HD 5XXX is needed, and IGP don t need validation is the cause my disappoint

Who cares if its a bug, cheat, photoshop, etc...validation is to confirm results

last MOA competition, guy from Chile lose his points to don t have core temp in the screenshot...cause its the rules...

Thats the rules

The submission is 100% conform the rules. The rules were clearly visible on the competition page.

Note that from every competition we (and others) learn to do better in the future.

i don t allow the JeremiasPC phrase and idea, but i don t allow to have no validation link.

I know Hondacity deserve to be there, but don t understand why diferent rules to same benchmark.

This rule:

"I've updated the two Vantage challenges with the requirement of having a FM verification link. Note that the current submissions, that have no link, will NOT be deleted. Future submissions require an verification link."

In fact, unfortunately the rules cause a double interpretation

Can be understood as "onboard and offboard" or even as Radeon/nvidia and but in fact, the phrase may have more than one sense.

For me, the correct would be to promote a week of competition to the 2 guys and thus take ny doubt (but i think is impossible...lol).

The 2 guys deserves to be there and the difference is so small that there is no difference in quality execution of the benchmark.

Any HWBot decision have to be allowed by the competitors and i hope they can fix this misunderstood,

Good lucky to PCMaster and Hondacity that haves amazing work

There is no doubt, therefore no further proof is required.

The rules on the competition page are unambiguous:

* - Only use motherboard manufacturered by MSI.

* - Only make submissions with a GMA HD videocard.

* - Please attach a picture of your overclocking rig.

* - A verification screenshot is required.

* - Only use driver version: 2202

* - Retail hardware only

* - Only members of Latin America, North America may participate.

* - CPU-Z mainboard tab must be visible

* - Use the official competition wallpaper: DOWNLOAD

End of discussion.