HWBOT Community Forums

Should we make mainboard information mandatory for screenshot verification?

Make CPU-Z Mainboard tab mandatory for screenshot verification  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Make CPU-Z Mainboard tab mandatory for screenshot verification

CPU-Z memory tab is mandatory. It's been mandatory from the beginning (first example screenshots I made were already with memory tab)

I always show the memory timings tab. As a matter of fact I don't think I have ever submitted without the mobo tab either. I'm not trying to single anyone/team out here, but I remember this score from when it was posted up. (crazy score) I'm sure you'll find a lot more in the database.

Massman is this screen sufficient? I know these runs have ORB links, but with the new screenshot rule will these screens cut it? I mean moving foward. I know you won't block old runs for a new rule.

http://hwbot.org/community/submission/1016811_kingpin_3dmark2001_se_2x_geforce_gtx_275_140080_marks

I voted "no" too...

one more CPUz tab, more time for the system to crash... mb information is not that essential for us.

For 3DMarks there is maybe not enough space on the desktop on 17"/19" lcds.

3Dmark window, score-window, test details, 1x GPUz, 2xCPUz... I think thats enough...

Cheers! :)

everything said in that post :)

I'm with you guys here!

I have voted Yes because i like to see (and give) as much info as possible in a result screen shot.

But I also bench on a 1280:1024 monitor so understand it can sometimes be hard to fit everything into the screeny, also it is not nice when the system crashes whilst trying to take your screen shot..

So for these reasons I think a good comprimise would be : motherboard tab is prefered but not esential, but adding motherboard infomation when filling in result details should be mandatory. :)

Edited by ScunnyUK

i voted yes and i have been doing that for a long time. its good to see what bioses ppl run particularly with superpi stuff

on the other hand i always wished that CPuz would have less tabs so maybe we can ask Franck to make it a bit simpler so that there is no need to have 4 CPuz open but just one and expand views of different categories etc for screens

I voted "no" too...

one more CPUz tab, more time for the system to crash... mb information is not that essential for us.

For 3DMarks there is maybe not enough space on the desktop on 17"/19" lcds.

3Dmark window, score-window, test details, 1x GPUz, 2xCPUz... I think thats enough...

Cheers! :)

I agree with that. Keep it as it is right now.

• Crew

Voted No!

Reasons are the same as the guys before me said - stability, fittability (sometimes it hard to get even Spi+2*CPU-Z). Get an S3 Trio 64 and make a run at 1024*768. During 3D the Aquamarks and 3DMark06 windows are very big and you need to open GPU-Z in addition.

If you want and are able to put it on screen, do it. And I do sometimes (kinda lazy, but I'll try to get it more often). Otherwise - it's not vital. And it won't help with cheating for sure (is that the main reason to make in mandatory?).

Cheat proofing should either not make life harder or 99% make cheating harder. The subject doesn't fit any.

Yes , i voted yes as this subject has been on my mind for such a long time after seen almost no information on some submisions with very out of line and very high scores that im 100% sure were not 100% legit due to hardware limitations (aka motherboard) , i started digging thru the database and theres quite a lot of these floating around , specially in 2D , Wprime ,SuperPi , Pifast. Motherboard tab should be a MUST YES , to avoid cheating in the future and to keep the database acurate. Thank you Massman :).

Kind Regards: Angelo.

I voted "I just like to vote". But, it should be mandatory to include motherboard information and picture when submitting a score. And serial number on both box and board should be good also. Including a mobo tab is sometimes hard with small monitors, unless you have two connected to the computer.

That's my point of view.

• 2 months later...

Voted no. There's always some level of uncertainty, but the current system is working well. If you look at enough scores, its not hard to tell what is reasonable and what is not. Confirming the motherboard info does little to ensure the scores are legit, but is a bit of extra work.

Sounds like more worrying about cheating instead of worrying about our own benching. I vote for more focus on benchmarking and the love of the game, and less worrying about what other people are doing. The obvious cheaters and the questionable submissions will be scrutinized, and if some slip by then so be it. If you are working hard at your own benches, there aren't enough cheaters or invalid submissions to make a big impact on you.

If you encounter something questionable, report it. Let the judges and mods worry about it. Otherwise, focus on your own benching and thats the key to success.