HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2015 - SC1: CPU Challenge thread.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crew

The current lineup doesnt look much interesting. I dont like to buy a 2000€ Gaming Notebook to have a chance winning that HM87 stage. And it would be cool if Massman would also allow Socket 771 CPUs. Its just, I dont see why we should spend more money than necessary.

Lets see if the VGA stage is a little more interesting.

AFAIK, CPU-Z valis dont include Uncore or Northbridge. So verification needs to be done by screenshot I guess...

Edited by Strunkenbold

• Crew

#secretfails

If I remember it right last year, limitations from all stages were visible before cup started. So we actually made progress here. ;)

But the good thing is that we can discuss about certain before something starts.

Maybe someone should poke CPU-Z Author to add uncore and nb frequency in valis? Also HM87 boards dont get recognized... There is just "Haswell" instead of HM87 in motherboard section.

• Crew

Is this now official 12th of May 2016 or what?

Its as always some special mystery involved. First, you can see in OC esports schedule for about half year that it starts 14th April than it really starts on that date but there is just one stage visible and now it got postponed till next year. :P

It would just be useful to know if there are any plans to start it in the next two months as organizing a team meeting is getting even harder without knowing exact dates.

Is this now official 12th of May 2016 or what?

Its as always some special mystery involved. First, you can see in OC esports schedule for about half year that it starts 14th April than it really starts on that date but there is just one stage visible and now it got postponed till next year. :P

It would just be useful to know if there are any plans to start it in the next two months as organizing a team meeting is getting even harder without knowing exact dates.

I'm going to assume it's probably 12th of May 2015 ;)

• Crew
I'm going to assume it's probably 12th of May 2015 ;)

Yes, it will be probably on 12th May and not next year. ;)

I just exaggerated it a little bit because I dont understand what Massman has in mind when he changes the schedule so that nobody can see it anymore because he changed the year to 2016.

I mean, which advantage does it have? Just because it would be a surprise?