HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT Team Cup 2015 - SC1: CPU Challenge thread.

• Administrators

I am getting tired of this - if you don´t stop complaining this will have consequences :)

http://www.ultrabookreview.com/5574-asus-g551jm-review/

We all have enough to do, as said I even have to google the notebooks used, cpuz often does not show chipsets used so I had to waste lots of time on checking this, I preferred it from banning all results - maybe you should check this as well instead of stealing my time by unnecessarily complaints...

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

websmile

you know - I am also tired of the fact that my results are simply deleted without explanation of reasons.

but when I start to ask questions - no reaction should not - why?

and now you're threatening me the consequences? and do not answer the question - what is the difference between the results? Set in both the results ... in the same chipset !!! but my result is deleted. http://hwbot.org/submission/2949927 ???

trodas

first time I hear that I have to keep all the equipment for life))

I found a laptop - chased test - posted.

stage ended - all is well, and the result is removed suddenly and now I have to look again this laptop ???

Sorry, but screenshot is made by all the rules!

Need more evidence - should be written in the regulations of the competition and not to scream at the departing train trail!

something I have never seen in the rules of the requirements to provide a screenshot from AIDA

• Administrators

Ok, you obviously cannot read and want to leave hwbot - I wrote pages before that your result was checked and it was found that no H86/H87 chipset was used, Pieter checked this and made a task. I will simply ask you to get banned from tc and forum for 3 months, and issue will be solved :) - to make it clear again, before you leave, your result was not removed for lack of verification, but for wrong chipset, like written 10 times before, you obviously are not able to understand this. If you now can´t provide proof of your used component using the chipset that was asked for is not my problem, other than on lots of subs I could not verify your nb, so the case is closed and bye bye

• Administrators

The problem is that cpuz often does not show the chipset, on macbooks and some other vendors you have no way to confirm chipset than look at specs on the internet. the whole stage is no good idea, but we can confirm chipset used, we can keep it alive, otherwise it should be skipped completely. I can´t sanction people because vendors use Bios that doesn´t display chipset on cpuz, the problem is simply the platform and bios

you do not want to understand the essence of my discontent. the result has been removed from the tournament after its closure. So I did not have more time to find the right laptop, becauseI was convinced that the already found and tested.

you think this is right?

and still I could not find evidence that the laptop was not necessary chipset.

• Administrators

@viper\-rd - last time, firstly you complain to wrong person, I told you several times now to contact Pieter who checked and found you used wrong chipset, ask him about this, and secondly, I strongly disapprove that you are not able to accept a moderating decision, we all try to do best to not! remove submissions because we are all benchers ourselves at staff and know about the work and sweat put into each submission, so we even do background research at stages like these, sacrificing lots of time, to be able to verify results and let them stay at rankings or competitions. If you are not able to accept a judgement made at best knowledge and deal with it in a spirit of fair play, this is nothing I can tolerate, because then we can stop checking results and save the time for ourselves and do not bother about valid or not anymore

You know, when my results are deleted, and I understand why - I am calm and do not argue.

However, when the result was removed without explanation - I do not want it to endure.

So I asked a question here - and a normal response - can only be called your last.

However, there was no reaction from Massman unfortunately not.

This is not the first time removed my result. Tell me - do you think the right to delete results filed in 2007 with a motivation - "no CPU-Z validation"?

Wow, some of these stages are certainly controversial. Anyway, here is what I found with my 10 minutes of Google research, your model number seems to only be sold in your area, my Russian is.... limited.

Here are two other G50-70, neither with your specific CPU...

http://www.cromaretail.com/Lenovo-Ideapad-G50-70-(59-413698)-156%22-Notebook-(Silver)-pc-21743-855.aspx

and

http://www.flipkart.com/lenovo-g50-70-notebook-4th-gen-ci3-4gb-1tb-free-dos-59-422421/p/itme2y47ranmcgan

If you believe these sites that particular notebook series was built with both chipsets, QM87 and HM87 so not really much help to you, perhaps someone that can comb Russian sites would be more help. Although, you may want to take all this with a grain of salt, I have been recently accused of cheating...

Good luck!

Edited by Rasparthe

• Crew

Ive already posted this in another thread. I think it should be clear now why those results didnt qualify for the stage.

You are right, you have indeed an 8 series chipset. But Massman restricted the stage to HM86/87. And your board hasnt one of these two.

Haswell ULT cpus feature a one chip design.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7047/the-haswell-ultrabook-review-core-i74500u-tested/2

And there are differences to the two chip variants:

http://www.notebookcheck.com/Intel-Haswell-Chipsaetze-8-Series-Chipsets.93706.0.html

Please excuse my lack of clearity on this,

I doesnt read anyware that ES arent allowed. Is that correct?

ES are never allowed in HWBOT competitions unless specifically mentioned in the rules

Can we get clarification on ES rules for this competition? This always seems to be a point of contention,

Is it as the normal ES rules of HWBOT that ES is not allowed for any current generation of CPU/GPU?

or

No ES of any shape or age or type?

No ES, no Skylake, in general no hardware released after TC Start

I do realize that for Competitions unless specified no CURRENT GEN ES are allowed or Hard Ware released after the commencement of said competitions. That is understood.

My question is quite simple; What about OLDER ES CPUs that are say 2, 3, or more years OLD? Are they allowed like they have been in the past?

TIA...

Edited by mr.paco

Please excuse my lack of clearity on this,

I do realize that for Competitions unless specified no CURRENT GEN ES are allowed or Hard Ware released after the commencement of said competitions. That is understood.

My question is quite simple; What about OLDER ES CPUs that are say 2, 3, or more years OLD? Are they allowed like they have been in the past?

TIA...

Old ES generation are allowed automatically as soon as a new generation comes out...that's clear.