HWBOT Community Forums

Asrock Z170 OC Formula-DDR4

Guest Bullant

Guest george.kokovinis

Not easy to tune B-die above 3866 on the OCF.

Out of five kits, my best one does 3980 ( shy of 4000 ), at

12-11-11-28-200-1T. with extremely tight seconds and thirds.

RTL and IOL set respectively at 49-50 / 6-6.

This needs 1.90V and 1.16VccIO and 1.35VccSA.

Most of all it needs strong cooling of the memory sticks and an IMC with balls.

I have not found these settings useful in many benchmarks.

Exhaustive testing has proven that so tight settings could turn around and become a bottleneck.

The golden rule of balancing the whole system applies.

Maximum speed and tight timings is not always the way to go.

I did not, yet, have the opportunity to test M-OCF, because I received a dead board.

Waiting for a new one from Germany.

Guest Bullant

Some retail memory,no waza on air,all tight and do pass 4 loops waza....Little cold on mem they should pass with waza

bulll.png[/url

Guest Bullant

Some Kingston AFR,cpu water and memory air,testing OS setup with page file and waza size, faster start slower end half with better final loop to end with much same as my last time

aa.png

Edited by Bullant

Guest Bullant

Team group mems water-air

4ghz.png

Kingston AFR,little cold on the memory's,will go colder on the memory's and test tighter cl next time

5gxafr.png

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
wow crazy frequency for that temp, really amazing.

Yeah man AFR are really nice scaling on cold,when I have more ln2 I'll try them colder and see how much freq I can get from them at say these timings,32m vs xtu is little different cause if I try xtu I can run full pot memory -170 and could see some crazy scaling but with 32m can't run full pot mem -80 to -120 depending on mem

Just in xtu I did test at say only -100 and was running 12-18-18 4220mhz pass so on full cold mems should see it tighter timings a least if not more MHz,b die is also good cold scaling on xtu up to temp limit (more MHz eff scaling on xtu not sure but MHz and tight timings scaling yes)

Edited by Bullant

Yeah man AFR are really nice scaling on cold,when I have more ln2 I'll try them colder and see how much freq I can get from them at say these timings,32m vs xtu is little different cause if I try xtu I can run full pot memory -170 and could see some crazy scaling but with 32m can't run full pot mem -80 to -120 depending on mem

Just in xtu I did test at say only -100 and was running 12-18-18 4220mhz pass so on full cold mems should see it tighter timings a least if not more MHz,b die is also good cold scaling on xtu up to temp limit (more MHz eff scaling on xtu not sure but MHz and tight timings scaling yes)

Hey bully shot you a pm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Bullant

Finally got around to testing those retail mfr on cold again,while I can push them to 3800 11-15-15 I just cant seem to get them to do 32m 3733+ stable 1.76v.........

retail-mfr.png

IMG_2385.jpg

IMG_2389.jpg

Edited by Bullant

• 3 weeks later...