HWBOT Community Forums

Official Discussion Thread for G.SKILL OC World Cup 2016

Massman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intermediate check done today, please provide always pictures of rig and memory, subtests at 3ds and check the validation rules again, it was really surprising how many results I had to block or remove...

my submissions are all still there :) must be learning :celebration:

• Administrators

I saw your result and also talked to Daniel about this because he also has an XOC validated result- I discuss this and asked already, personally I think with the 1% screenshot rule it should be ok, especially because gskill B-die dominate anyway as well as e-die, very unlikely someone would grab other sticks, validate, and then gskills for screenshot xD

OK, we decided to play if save and when I think about it, it is clearest option because it is the only one that leaves no room for doubt - spd has to be shown at validation as well - XOC mode without spd not! accepted

Edited by websmile

I'm not participating but from a pure overclocking point of view I would allow the XOC validations. It's funny that you can even take a screenshot at the given clocks with paint and take your time while the validation without XOC has such a big load that it freezes. That's not really the point of a validation tho.

• Administrators

Understandable, I can well imagine that it will be allowed for live competitions, but for an online qualifier validation beyond any doubt makes life easier for contestants and judges - with this premise I have to approve the decison, and it is same way for all contestants so noone has an advantage or disadvantage

Edited by websmile

On the rules issue, on nearly all competitions we have bullet-proof rules...

No offence websmile, the above is not aimed at you personally. It is just to illustrate that maybe some humility from hwbot is needed and admit that there are problems with the rules.

Implementing a new rule more than a month after the competition started, is a big deal!

A simple checklist for the rules of any competition could resolve 99% of the questions and rule changes that keep happening on hwbot. If someone at hwbot wants me to help make one, just let me know.

• Administrators

Like everyone we sometimes fail^^ - but we are not liable for bugs that show at benchmarks we do neither develop nor do the sysinfo or monitoring or whatever for. What might be a problem is that we handle things too generously sometimes, especially me, but this has nothing to do with rules. When we talk for example now about spd or not, would you submit a reference clock mainboard validation without the name of vendor and model at the validation link for an msi or asus comp?^^ Maybe being more strict on things like this and enforcing common sense is needed, and after last days I will consider this for the future :)

P.S. FM released a new sysinfo few days ago, if you have problems at validation, please try this. It should help

Edited by websmile

• Administrators

Good morning, last call, check if you have all necessary tabs at the screens including background, all validations links are OK and are valid (no tiime measurement error acceoted as stated before, I have no problem with vga driver not approved or cpu to recoginized if score is valid apart from this, we had this before) and if all pictures are attached to the subs (memory used, bench rig). I recommend to check rules a last time, make check on the subs, and good luck to all participants :)

• Administrators

Could be, after I checked the last minute entries and the results are final for me as far as my moderation job is concerned.

Awesome job, guys, especially at the top 20s at last check very few results that were invalid - thanks and congratulations to the winner, Hazzan, and all guys that qualified :)

Congrats guys and have fun :)

Well I didn't push hard, I tried like 3-4 cpus for IGP, 2 died, best IGP died before doing the proper scores. Lately I was just really unlucky with my G.skill memories, all the kits I bought were average or below average. Just like with cpus, some 6700K are golden and other are just a junk, not clocking well ;) My G.skill 3733C17 (E die) on air are worse than 10x Patriot 3200C16 sticks (E die), my G.skill B Die are also VERY BAD, I spent too much $ on G.skill memories and got really unlucky and promised myself I won't spend $ on binning cpus for IGP which dies and kills the cpu and so on. Sadly Intel made very fragile IGP BS this time. So overall I didn't expect too much posting my scores 1 week ago and I chose a trip to China instead of benching for overlimiting live competition. Maybe next time (and I hope for better rules, no IGP, not that much LC and so on) or maybe I retire, who knows ;)

Edit:

Just small edit to remove the "harsh" words and so on, so no one says I am like doing black PR or something cause it is not my intention. I am just writing "fast" translating polish slang into English and so on ;)

Edited by Xtreme Addict

Guest TeamAU

sorry to see XA reach signature limit, he cant attend any more finals until Pieter increases signature limit

congrats to all, this comp turned out amazingly, some initial stumbles with benchmark selection, but we see some new clockers joining what will be an exciting live final

big congrats goes to Racoon, youve done amazingly well to nearly qualify going up against some of the biggest names on OC

see you guys in June

Congrats guys and have fun :)

Well I didn't push hard, I tried like 3-4 cpus for IGP, 2 died, best IGP died before doing the proper scores, my G.skill 3733C17 (E die) on air are worse than 10x Patriot 3200C16 sticks (E die), my G.skill B Die are also epic crap, I spent too much $ on G.skill memories and promised myself I won't spend $ on BS. So I didn't expect too much posting my scores 1 week ago and I chose a trip to China instead of benching for overlimiting live competition. Maybe next time or maybe I retire, who knows ;)

so sad cant meet with you mate...everytime I joined on OC Competition always meet with you and so much fun.

• 1 month later...