HWBOT Community Forums

Sandy Bridge 2500K/2600K Batch and Serial Numbers

Massman

Probably limit if you already have PLL overvoltage and are running up the volts with 2c2t already.

Very true but Cowie is still on F2 because he says he can't boot past x53 on any of the B3 betas. I need to actually test F2 and try two other betas.

L038A660 *A1241 53X max...not bother to try max Mhz

L045B021 *A1943 53X

L050A853 *A2927 54X and Mhz wall @ 5506

3049A330 *A0174 52X max

3050A749 *A1961 52X max

3101A201 *A2247 53X max

3101A201 *A1531 53X max

3101A201 *A2242 54X and Mhz wall @ 5470

3101A201 *A1499 56X and Mhz wall @ 5650

All on ss cooling, seem like 3 batches need less vcore comparo to L0 batches

Finally came face to face with the dreaded post code 00 (MIVE) on one of my really good chip:(

Edited by dumo

after reading about all this Malay,Costa Rica chips i think this is appropriate to post;

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=750461

I posted it this in the mammoth Northwood thread, and Wingz posted it in GH. I thought I'd post it once more just for the extra exposure.

Just to clear something up, the markings on the back of the CPU refer to the packaging site - not the manufacturing site of the actual silicon chip itself. Intel has no fabs in either Malaysia or Costa Rica, they are packaging facilities. The silicon die/chips are manufactured elsewhere in the world and are shipped to either of these two packaging sites. In addition, Intel manufacturing has a goal of running a "virtual fab" - meaning that, among other things, products from one fab are statistically indistinguishable from those manufactured at another fab. So even if, for example using fake names, Malaysian packages used chips only from fab #1 and packages marked Costa Rica use chips from fab #2, there should be no difference statistically between these two.

I saw these discussions back in the Celeron days, and I commented back then, but this time around it seems a little different. I have started seeing some online retailers charging more for parts from a specific packaging site and this disturbs me. There is no difference between parts from these two packaging sites. Just as you can have 6 head/tails coin tosses come out heads, there may seem to be a correlation that heads is more likely than tails, but there isn't. In reality the odds are still approximately 50/50.

The silicon is what defines the speed of a CPU, not the package. And the silicon comes from multiple fabs scattered all over the place that are all supposed to be identical anyway.

If you are considering spending more, or buying from a shadier vendor, in order to get a specific package, I would urge you to reconsider. There is no difference and you are only wasting money, and or risking getting ripped off.

Patrick Mahoney

Microprocessor Design Engineer

Intel Corp.

Edited by coolhand411

after reading about all this Malay,Costa Rica chips i think this is appropriate to post;

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=750461

I posted it this in the mammoth Northwood thread, and Wingz posted it in GH. I thought I'd post it once more just for the extra exposure.

Just to clear something up, the markings on the back of the CPU refer to the packaging site - not the manufacturing site of the actual silicon chip itself. Intel has no fabs in either Malaysia or Costa Rica, they are packaging facilities. The silicon die/chips are manufactured elsewhere in the world and are shipped to either of these two packaging sites. In addition, Intel manufacturing has a goal of running a "virtual fab" - meaning that, among other things, products from one fab are statistically indistinguishable from those manufactured at another fab. So even if, for example using fake names, Malaysian packages used chips only from fab #1 and packages marked Costa Rica use chips from fab #2, there should be no difference statistically between these two.

I saw these discussions back in the Celeron days, and I commented back then, but this time around it seems a little different. I have started seeing some online retailers charging more for parts from a specific packaging site and this disturbs me. There is no difference between parts from these two packaging sites. Just as you can have 6 head/tails coin tosses come out heads, there may seem to be a correlation that heads is more likely than tails, but there isn't. In reality the odds are still approximately 50/50.

The silicon is what defines the speed of a CPU, not the package. And the silicon comes from multiple fabs scattered all over the place that are all supposed to be identical anyway.

If you are considering spending more, or buying from a shadier vendor, in order to get a specific package, I would urge you to reconsider. There is no difference and you are only wasting money, and or risking getting ripped off.

Patrick Mahoney

Microprocessor Design Engineer

Intel Corp.

Thanks for the info Patrick. :)

i7 2500K

Batch L045B311

# 4442

maxed out at 5288, no 1 MHZ more

53572663671861432773_thumb.jpg

p.s. with temperature below -15/20° C it act weird and lose about 200 MHZ.

the only good thing is that it's damn strong, I've abused it for more than 30 hours with vcore 1.7 volt at air cooling and still no sign of degrade.

Edited by Mafio