HWBOT Community Forums

Country Cup 2016?

WhiteWulfe

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[...]but my point on older hardware being allowed still stands. Stage 1 was ANY nvidia card, stage 2 was ANY igp that would run Firestrike, stage 3 was any processor, stage 4 was anything that could run XTU, and stage 5 you could run any gpu.

This. Last year I stumbled into CC 2015 as a noob and ended up contributing the Stage 2 score for Germany. This year I prepared for CC 2016 and now I find out I have ZERO hardware that has any use to CC 2016 because you largely nailed down the hardware to very specific sockets or even specific hardware families.

I'd really appreciate it if you could widen the hardware selection for some of the stages a little bit.

One quick question about stage 3 (3dmark03)

Do we need futuremark link?

Do we need to have sys info enabled?

If yes can we use at least sys info 4.41 because i cannot use any newer in win xp (even vanilla OS) and get the benchmark going...

Thanks

• Administrators

3DM03 is legacy, for country cup no link required. Will not be available in the future anyway it seems, like for am3 and 01. Sys info is no need as well, but watch the verification to be solid with gpuz and cpuz and subtests shown to make plausibility check possible

• Administrators

OK, for the 1155 stage it is indeed subfamilies, means i7,i5,i3 etc, eligible for use are sandy bridge and ivy bridge of both classes, each can only be used once to add to the result. Means you can use 3770K and 2600K, but when you add 2700K only one of these subs, 2600k or 2700k, will add to your result. Seems this was configured different from what was originally planned, might be more interesting though :P

P.S. Checked all other stages now as well, no surprises anymore :)

Edited by websmile

• 2 weeks later...