HWBOT Community Forums

Country Cup 2016?

WhiteWulfe

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Please note that the windows8/10 restrictions are still valid for all non skylake systems because rtc bug is still not solved. This means you have to provide a futuremark validation link using latests enabled sys info for vantage and all other futuremark benchmarks that does not show time measurement error or timer off if you use one of these operating systems on haswell e or broadwell e or amd for example. Thanks

• Administrators

And another update - if you need an FM link which is the case for nearly all competition entries and especially for 8/10 where we treat this mandatory, use latest sys info. We are not anal on benchmark version if we do not ask explicitly for a certain build, you will find disallowed versions at rules anyway, but latest sys info, aka 4,48 atm, is needed to rule out problems cazsed by newer os and updates and so on. It is clear by rules and common sense to use 4,48, and it will make life easier for all of us. This is mandatory for all comps for a long time now, and even if mods did not look that tight on it on community competitions, it is now really time to do so ;)

Thanks in advance

Last night I was trying to run 3DVan for stage 6 and I swear every time I installed Sysinfo 4.48 it totally ruined everything. From GUI freezing at launch or CPU tests refusing to start. It was just 3DVan too. I installed Catzilla and it ran fine. I spent a couple hours messing with it and finally had to give up before I threw something. I think I need a full OS install AGAIN! I really don't see the point of having to jump through hoops for this when running Win7 or why we need "special" submission rules for competitions.

Edited by Johan45

• Administrators

Using latest sys info is always mandatory for comps, normally even a link would be mandatory but we do not handle this strictly on community competitions (as long as win7 is used). If it does not work usually processes which are disabled or a software conflict with other drivers/tools causes this.

Edited by websmile

That's odd though. This is an out of the box Win7 SP1 no changes or disables services with CPU/GPUz, 3DmarkVantage and PrecisionX installed. That's all, everything works fine until I install Sysinfo 4.48. Just remembers TurboV. I'll uninstall that and see. It's the only SW that isn't manadatory and works low level

• Administrators

Did you uninstall the old sys info before you installed 4,48? It can also cause conflicts if you update without removing old version, I hope you can find the problem and bench on. We do not want to annoy people for sure^^ - it is just that we have to look for the bad guys and make precautions, these are few, sorry that the honest guys suffer from this as well

P.S I made a check again today on some stages, for stage 1, x265 1080p, please note that the screenshot has to be part of the benchmarkfile and has to be submitted with the benchmark file - this is similar to hwbotprime for example. We can and will not accept discrete screenshots for verification, and a screenshot obtained with file on which cpuz is missing is not valid. So open the cpuz tabs before you save the file or submit to hwbot directly to guarantee you have an accepted verification. Thank you

Edited by websmile

Well still no love but I can't blame 4.48 any more the problem is weirder than that. This is a copy from my homesite just to give you an idea of what I've been up against.

I have been fighting with this for at least 8 hours altogether and it's driving me nuts. It's the strangest behaviour I have seen in my time of benching.

The problem is when I get to a certain clock/voltage, I'm pretty sure it's voltage related since I can raise the clocks as long as I don't raise the volts but then it's unstable. But when the voltage gets to 1.6v or higher the 3DVan GUI locks the entire system when it starts to open. Just a white box nothing appears inside, mouse freezes and we're done. Hard reset with power button. If I use reset I get an FF Q_code and need to hit power anyway. This is where it gets weird. I have successfully run 3D11, Catzilla and WP 1024 at higher voltages/clocks but as soon as I open 3DVan instant lock. Now I'll go through HW and trouble shooting.

Asus CHVz have tried bios 508, 1302, and 2002 (out of the box New Board)

FX 8350 and FX 8370 both working CPUs

TridentX 2600 CL10 good ram works fine have tried different speeds and timings.

2x 980Ti SLI and single card same results. Multiple drivers between Win7 and Win10

Samsung and Kingston SSDs

Have also tried Windows 7 and 10 both x64 installed with and without any chipset drivers or OC software

Also installed 3Dvan from USB and copied to drive with old and fresh downloads no difference in behaviour.

Only thing left to try is a different mobo and PSU but I have a hard time believing it's HW related.

I do believe it's voltage related somehow but I don't get it since other benches will run just fine at higher settings. Testing it in BIOS and OC software 1.6v seems to be the limit. Setting 1.65v in BIOS other benches run 3DVan locks up. In windows with OC SW I can raise the clocks no issue bench opens just fine. With GUI open as soon as I hit apply on tuner then it locks. With different bench (3D11) changing voltage in SW is not an issue.

It's not like there's any load on it aside from Sysinfo which I have tried different versions of as well as the HPET on or off no difference.

I've never been so stumped on somethng like this and any help would be really appreciated

• Administrators

You usually have a very sharp eye for this, but this time no need to worry

Use 5 different GPUs with Nvidia G92-G98 Core, one GPU core only

We go with device ID for the stage

I moderated stage 1, all that is left now should be OK, I even refreshed page 1000 times to recheck :D

This is going to be an unpopular post. I don't care. I know websmile's moderating style is to interpret the rules in the most literal way possible, without paying any attention to the spirit of the rule, so I know nothing will come of this. But I have to say something.

I think Greece and Australia should to be ashamed of the very unsportsmanlike manner in which they chose to address Stage 4 in the Country Cup. Both teams shared literally every piece of hardware except the GPU for every single one of their submissions. I know the hardware sharing rule says that's okay for 3D benches, but in a stage when you can't share GPUs because of the requirement to use different ones anyway guess what - suddenly there is no hardware sharing restriction whatsoever. Teams are free to share as much hardware as they bloody well please!

And that, my friends, is just not acceptable; it's not sportsmanlike. Not to me, and I'm sure not to Team Germany - the legitimate winners of Stage 4 in my personal opinion.

This is going to be an unpopular post. I don't care. I know websmile's moderating style is to interpret the rules in the most literal way possible, without paying any attention to the spirit of the rule, so I know nothing will come of this. But I have to say something.

I think Greece and Australia should to be ashamed of the very unsportsmanlike manner in which they chose to address Stage 4 in the Country Cup. Both teams shared literally every piece of hardware except the GPU for every single one of their submissions. I know the hardware sharing rule says that's okay for 3D benches, but in a stage when you can't share GPUs because of the requirement to use different ones anyway guess what - suddenly there is no hardware sharing restriction whatsoever. Teams are free to share as much hardware as they bloody well please!

And that, my friends, is just not acceptable; it's not sportsmanlike. Not to me, and I'm sure not to Team Germany - the legitimate winners of Stage 4 in my personal opinion.

Well ... i believe you must think this over

A Team Captain , makes a comment and says :

"Teams should be ashamed , for following the rules"

:confused:

Sorry to hear you feel like this dead things.

To my perspective and to many others especially country cup is a comp where you get together with your lads (when and if possible) and try to do your best with your hardware.There is no hardware sharing since different cards were used.-

We were running until late last night to get our best scores,all to my place and i do not think it is something to be ashamed off...

I also saw the Aussies had a BLAST when they met so what is the problem.Or should we ban their scores because cookie was in the meeting they had.

We used the best available hardware we could find we did not even bend any rule.

ps a pic of the cards we run yesterday.

20161221_175343.jpg - ImageTwist

Hey Mate I can understand where you are coming from 100%, this is also a reason I dont waste time on CC. But the rules are no sharing GPUs from 3d and no sharing CPUs for 2d. So there are no violations by either team.

There is also no way to police sharing CPUs for 3d anyways. You will use similar vcore etc when pushing the same generation and you can take a picture with a stack of 6700ks etc how to tell if the same one was used for all...so its better not to make a rule you can't enforce or check anyways.

I think the real rule that needs to change is, we should just let 1 user submit as many results as they wish for a stage. why not? we all know that this happens already, or just being in the same room and pressing the screen capture button is not REALLY benching it. Or when the result is submitted just have it go into a slush fund of your country so the user just says USA or Canada etc.

Make Country Cup great again!