• Yes, to both the extreme and default preset
    • Yes, but only for default preset
    • Yes, but only for extreme preset
    • No

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KP is actually making a very valid point here; we never followed the FM approved drivers guideline, so why should we follow the physx drivers guideline?

...because it is not the same situation at all. It is the benchmark itself, not only the driver.

I don't like the situation either, but we have to be fair to everyone and follow the benchmarks quidelines. FM says that, Nvidia PhysX is not allowed to do CPU physics in 3Dmark Vantage CPU test 2, so I quess that is clear enough.

How do you read this poll, btw? I read it like this:

65% want default

32% want extreme

33% want no boints

...this is how it's supposed to be read, right?

Btw, Vista isn't free, but XP isn't free either;) No M$ OS is free (AFAIK), so if OS cost is a reason not to allow it, then any other benchmark that requires an M$ OS should be disallowed;)

With Physx drivers installed you get a warning message that your score is not searchable as it's not valid, you can however "DISABLE PPU" So the Nvidia cards dont help the CPU score.

I'm currently using both Beta drivers on a single GTX260 so I guess my scores are not official ones on the GTX260.

I'm running a test now with DISABLE PPU just to see what my score is.

I'm hoping ORB reflects that PPU is disabled.

Also I'm not convinced that SLI/CF reporting works :confused:

Using 2 BFG 8800GTX O/C2 on older drivers would report NO SLI. Same issue I had on 3DM2006, I had to adjust my HWBOT submission to reflect I was actually using SLI. How many other benchers are this honest.:ws:

So far 109 votes yes , 55 votes no. Quite obvious that the majority of the community in hwbot wants this benchmark to award points, thats the truth.

:)

Not quite, yes with presets in three categories does not= 109 votes total as a single yes?

those 109 votes are divided between 3 categories of voters.

I realize your comment is probably tongue in cheek, lets keep it balanced though.

Not quite, yes with presets in three categories does not= 109 votes total as a single yes?

those 109 votes are divided between 3 categories of voters.

I realize your comment is probably tongue in cheek, lets keep it balanced though.

It seems as if roughly 2/3 of the users here want to have the default preset with boints, at least. That's a good start:)

i can bet that they ll read this as 66,66% for "yes" and 33,33% for "no" ;) even thogh poll has 4 options it ll be read as two options ;)

Seems the only logical way to look at it. The poll is really two parts depending on the total votes. Before it is decided what configuration the benchmark is run it needs to be determined if the majority even want it used. So the total number of votes for the three configurations should be compared to the votes for not counting the benchmark for points.

If the no votes win then there is no Vantage benchmark. If the yes votes win then the category with the most yes votes should dictate what will be used for points.

exactly Praz. out of 10.000+ HWbot users only 173 actually care about whether Vantage is added yes/no it seems; kinda sad :(

It is sad. After the decision is made, whatever the outcome, I bet a lot more users then 173 complain.

I was benching on Windows ME, and some didnt work either. Does that mean we shouldn't be able to use the benchmarks? No, I lived without it, can't you guys?

Edit: How long will this poll last?

Edited by RiggS

Seems the only logical way to look at it. The poll is really two parts depending on the total votes. Before it is decided what configuration the benchmark is run it needs to be determined if the majority even want it used. So the total number of votes for the three configurations should be compared to the votes for not counting the benchmark for points.

If the no votes win then there is no Vantage benchmark. If the yes votes win then the category with the most yes votes should dictate what will be used for points.

i would say that logical way to look at this poll is that the option which has most votes wins ;) but others have other logic

.., just a question.., when X-58 arrives.., will everybody scream and whine "unfair" again and we have endless polls that end up in more polls..???

atm I have a lot of fun with 177.83 and my old Ultras.., hof/fm lost its glory completely when they enforced there "east policy"...

My wish is for Hwbot to add all presets and ofcourse include PhysX drivers.., everything else is just hypocrisy (to quote KP)...

I was refering to certain parts of the comunity.., my guess is that when X-58 arriives.., the "whinemachine" will go loose again and Hwbot maybe forced to more endless polls...

.., but.., have Hwbot ever interfered in the use of a certain driver.., no.., untill now...

Edited by fubarswe

this thing is not about adding or not adding new benchmarks, it's about paying for them

despite the fact you have to pay for vista to run Vantage, you have to pay for Basic eddition to run it more than once

if we approve that logic, benching will be all about the money, not skills

you can't afford new os and new 3dmark? so u have no points

after vantage, all version will require more money

do you really want to spend money on software instead of new better hardware?

Also no point paying for hardware if you dont have any software to run ;)

Cant use lack of money as a defense either - hardware costs money too. If you could afford the hardware you can afford the software.

The way im reading the poll is that 66% Yes, 33% No

After that when Yes wins, the voting between the first three options counts.

Also no point paying for hardware if you dont have any software to run ;)

Cant use lack of money as a defense either - hardware costs money too. If you could afford the hardware you can afford the software.

The way im reading the poll is that 66% Yes, 33% No

After that when Yes wins, the voting between the first three options counts.

The cost of Vantage is a weak point to use to contest the inclusion of it for points. People spend the same amount of money for a single 120mm fan. To place high enough for any significant points using any of the benchmarks requires the continual purchasing of hardware. So another $20.00 spent is minor when looking at the big picture.

The poll as it stands now does show that the majority of users want Vantage included for points. Looks to be the only decision to be made is how Vantage will be run.