HWBOT Community Forums

2019 Party in PA- official sign-up thread

On 8/11/2019 at 8:11 PM, richiec77 said:

I'll have some extra stuff to bring. I'll have a couple monitors. Mice/KB...Not a bunch of PS2 based, but have extra USB based right now. GPU's are not a problem. 

What PSU are you bringing? I have some extras here. If I can accommodate you: then you'll have more space/weight in your luggage. 

I'm bringing a small Seasonic 850W Platinum unit. I will be doing 2D so I don't need crazy wattage. :)

I'm bringing both my 850T2 and 1600T2. I'll be using the 1600 when LN2 on TR4 stuff, but otherwise it would be free to use for any multiple GPU setups and the 850T2 is free to use for whomever.

I have a PS2 keyboard im bringing plus my standard USB keyboards.

• Thanks 2

Awesome ya'll! Extension cords and extra outlets will be useful. I'll bring a couple extra usb kbds/mice, 2 dewars, 1-2 extra monitors, slim pot for yos....anything else? 

On the 'bring stuff to sell' thing.....are any attendees actually looking for anything? Just checking as am trying not to bring n^x more stuff than needed (for the 4th year in a row :/ )

cyas next week!!

32 minutes ago, funsoul said:

Awesome ya'll! Extension cords and extra outlets will be useful. I'll bring a couple extra usb kbds/mice, 2 dewars, 1-2 extra monitors, slim pot for yos....anything else? 

On the 'bring stuff to sell' thing.....are any attendees actually looking for anything? Just checking as am trying not to bring n^x more stuff than needed (for the 4th year in a row :/ )

cyas next week!!

I've been looking for a Dewar.  How much are you trying to get for one?

I'm not or sure yet if I can come Friday or Saturday yet but plan to stop by for at least a half day.  Been too busy with work to bench anything lately.  If I can get some time I'll get some hardware ready.  If not I'll at least hang out and learn.

Just spoke with the GM at the venue, we have 5 (out of 10) rooms booked atm. After a bit of begging,  she's let me/us off the hook for the remaining rooms (hallelujah hehe). All held but un-booked rooms have now been returned to the hotel's queue. 

If you still need a room, you should book it now. Also...since it seems I mis-counted, I'd kindly ask that all attendees who have reserved rooms to let me know the name each room is booked under so I can reconcile with the hotel.

Finally going to start getting gear together,  setting up benching drives, etc. Probably spend Friday on set up tasks but at least I'll be there!!!!

Oooohh...just a few days until we descend on Harrisburg!!! Spoke with our ln2 rep, we're good to go for tank delivery early Friday morning. :)

Slowly getting things tested, packed and ready to go. Debating on whether or not to lug the cascade along, though. Are there any attendees who might be interested in buying it? As I typed before, this was built by NoL with high load handling in mind. Have mounts for both cpus and gpus (bartx's gpu mounting kit included). Here are a few pics from a no load test. If anyone's interested, please let me know otherwise will leave it home. Tia!

Look forward to seeing old friends and new!!! Hoping to arrive around 5 or 6 Thursday. Likely just meet and greets, set ups and beverages at the bar. SO excited now!!!

-Stefan

update- double checked, I overstated the load capacity. The cascade handles 350watts sustained,  400watts burst (like shorter benches).

cascade01.jpg

cascade02.jpg

cascade03.jpg

cascade04.jpg

cascade05.jpg

Edited by funsoul

Hiya Moritz!

Oohh...that reminds me, need to get a few more cans for my torch. Will make sure to pack an extra crappy fan just for you hehe Thermoses....hmmm....I've got 1 or 2 of the ones hwbot gave us a couple years ago, will bring whatever I find along, too.

Update- only have 1 slim pot. yosarian will be using it during the weekend but whoever wants to buy it at the end, we'll figure something out. Do have an extra fat pot or 2...anyone need one?