HWBOT Community Forums

2019 Party in PA- official sign-up thread

Hiya folks!

Welcome to the official sign-up thread for the 2019 Party in PA!

When: 8/23 - 8/25 (welcome get together and hardware setups starting from around 5pm on Thursday 8/22). Open benching will go from around 8am Friday through about 3pm Sunday (we need to be out of the event space by 5pm Sunday).

Where: Clarion Hotel and Conference Center Harrisburg West, 148 Sheraton Dr, New Cumberland, PA 17070 tel: (623) 432-0765 https://www.clarionhotelharrisburg.com/ Discount room rates are available, shoot me a pm for the event name to give when you call for a reservation. To get the discounted rate, you'll have to actually call them to make the reservation and give the event name. 

Rather than work with a sponsor, this year we've decided to self-fund the event. Should be the most relaxed, fun ln2 PA Party so far! 

Based on the 13 people who said they'll attend, the cost/person for the venue and ln2  (but excluding sleeping rooms) is $185.

Total charge for the event space (incl. all taxes, etc) is $1,513 ($1,200 + 19% service charge + 6% tax). The ln2 cost comes out to $897 (ln2, delivery charges, taxes and a $50 tip for the driver). Total to be divided among the attendees is $2,510. $2,510/13= the $185.

If more people end up paying, we'll all decide what we want to do with the excess cash and take care of it there/then.

Please reply to this thread to sign-up. Once you've signed up, will send you a pm with my email address so you can send your $185.

SO excited! Tia attendees!!! Can't wait to see you all!

Kind Regards,

-Stefan

PS- If anyone needs hardware, etc, etc...feel free to post your needs/desires here and hopefully we'll find matches. I know that we'll need plenty o' extension cords so if you can bring some along, it'd be super helpful!

Confirmed Attendees:

- Bones- paid in full

- funsoul- paid

- LightningManGTS- paid in full

- hotrod717

- yosarianlives

- aerotracks- paid in full

- steponz

- jiccman1965- paid in full

- brutuscat2- paid in full

- rtsurfer- paid in full

- richiec77- paid in full

- keeph8n- paid in full

Tentative:

- Shadyreaper

- niobium615

- Darthresin

- Sheppix

- Deux

- AutisticChris

- Samsarulz

Edited by funsoul
  • Like 1

Yea I plan on making the hop down 78 in august and was gonna message you here probably Monday if everything I was looking into currently resolves itself one way another (I didnt know if you needed definite answers on hardware being brought with at rsvp or not.) Given I'm a "local" to the area (read an hour up 78) I could probably be of some assistance in regards to bringing any "resources" or on the ground "planning," so don't feel afraid to hit me up. 

• Like 1

Hiya LightningManGTS!

Woohoo! Would be great to see you there! Bring whatever hardware you want! Thanks for your kind offer of assistance, may take you up on that hehe

Do you know hotrod and Witchdoctor? They're also from right around there.

Hope things work out for ya' and you get to make it!

1 hour ago, hotrod717 said:

You know I'm in buddy. What another oc'r close to or in Lancaster Co.?

Yes sir...figured that...it's basically in your back yard!

2 hours ago, brutuscat2 said:

I'd love to go, it's the first time I'll be able to do it!

Awesome!!! Plenty of folks around to get going ln2-style!

Added the attendee lists to the first post. Thank you to Bones for being the first to pay!!!

Edited by funsoul
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2019 at 1:28 PM, funsoul said:

Still plenty of time but, if you're definitely coming, please let us know. Since I already laid out the cash, some more attendee funds would be mucho appreciated. 

Psyched that we're getting quite a few 1st time attendees!!! Awesome!

I will confirm during May. Depends on savings :D.

Excellente ya'll! Finally updated the op. We're getting there!!

If you've already booked a room, please let me know. If you haven't and are going to make it, please reserve as soon as you can as I committed to 10 rooms. If I need to re-negotiate that part, the earlier the better. Thanks!!

Edited by funsoul

I'm about 2 hours away.  It would be tough for me to get away for 3 days with a 2 year old at home but I would like to come and learn for a day.   Looking to buy a gpu and cpu pot soon to try dry ice.  I have a ton of leftover mining hardware that im not worried about killing too.

9 hours ago, matty50racer said:

I'm about 2 hours away.  It would be tough for me to get away for 3 days with a 2 year old at home but I would like to come and learn for a day.   Looking to buy a gpu and cpu pot soon to try dry ice.  I have a ton of leftover mining hardware that im not worried about killing too.

You should definitely come! Bring your pots and hardware and we'll all help you get going on the ln2 experience! Stop in whenever you can. Don't worry about the fee, anyone with a 2 year old definitely deserves a break. ;)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, funsoul said:

You should definitely come! Bring your pots and hardware and we'll all help you get going on the ln2 experience! Stop in whenever you can. Don't worry about the fee, anyone with a 2 year old definitely deserves a break. ;)

Thanks! Can't wait.  The closest thing I've had to ln2 is a bucket of ice on my radiator.  Hopefully I get some experience with dry ice before then to get an idea what I'm doing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 7:08 PM, keeph8n said:

I'll be making all of my necessary arrangements here in the next few weeks. 

Won't be bringing any hardware with me, but will come hang out for a good time.

I'm sure there will be plenty for you to bench, I know last time the two roc guys had plenty of hw between them ;)