HWBOT Community Forums

BENCHMATE TEST COMPO ver 0.8.1 ONLY

Leeghoofd

6 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Yes no more screen clipping, full size desktop screenshot.is what we go for...

Wait...what? Since when? And where is that stated in any of the rules? I'm not finding it anywhere. This is...obviously...the first I've heard of it. I'm also pretty curious as to why. I guess I'm not really against the idea. But I can't exactly see the point in it either. What's the reasoning behind it?

EDIT: I suppose it makes it a little easier to tell which version of Windows was used. But that can go both ways. Since you can make just about any version of Windows look like just about any other version. More or less.

Edited by MrGenius

That makes sense. I get it. And I'm fine with it. I was more worried that I'd broken some new rule I'd never heard of until just now. :o Since, if I've ever been able to just take a screen clip, that's what I've always done. And only when I couldn't I've used TPUCapture or Screenshot Captor to get a full screenshot. I'll just do that from now on. No biggie. :)

2 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

Benchmate screenshot takes full screen so no problem, I guess :)

Only of the primary screen. On some of my screenshots I've used Eyefinity to get more real estate and some I use Virtual Super Resolution to make my 1200p monitor into a 1600p one (vrmark and CB15 Extreme) 

You need the latest version to be able to upload the files correctly. Please download 0.8.1 from here: https://www.overclockers.at/news/benchmate-beta-tester-gesucht

It's in German but the download links are right under the first image.

@Leeghoofd The news on the main page link to the download of version 0.8 directly. I strongly encourage to use the latest version of BenchMate, it fixes many bugs. Maybe redirect it to the site above as well? I'm working on a microsite for BenchMate that will soon be ready and in English of course.

15 hours ago, techjesse said:

Mat, Excellent Coding, love the GUI :)  have a prob though.. will not detect SLI :(

Thanks, I will have a look at it. SLI/Crossfire information is determined by using the native driver libraries NVAPI (for NVIDIA) and AGS (for AMD). A bug report via the integrated "Bug Report" functionality (in the menu) might come handy to be able to see what is going on here.

Thanks!

BenchMate 0.8.2 will follow in the next few days. Will add some love for Windows 7, fixes Geekbench 3.1.5 and allows submission with Geekbench 4 Trail version.

There is also a bug currently with Cinebench. If you run it minimized it can't capture the score. Same thing happens if you use a very high priority class on CB, the system will be so swamped that I don't receive a notification for the start and/or the end of the run. Please be aware that this could happen.

There are also no bugs currently that invalidate a verified run. That's a good thing. :)

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1