HWBOT Community Forums

BENCHMATE TEST COMPO ver 0.8.1 ONLY

Leeghoofd

On 7/1/2019 at 7:35 PM, _mat_ said:

About the costs, BenchMate needs about 1000 USD/year for licenses and certificates. It would be nice if that sum would not have to come out of my pocket in the long run.

Please do tell us how we can contribute.
I'd be happy to sell my CPU and MB to donate.

@Leeghoofd

To make the testing experience better I suggest to add benchmarks used for the stages as beta benchmarks categories to HWBOT.

I already did this for SuperPi 1M and Cinebench R20:

https://hwbot.org/benchmark/superpi_-_1m_with_benchmate/
https://hwbot.org/benchmark/cinebench_-_r20_with_benchmate/

I will add the others as well, if that's alright with you. :)
With version 0.8 you will then be able to click on "Submit to HWBOT" on the bottom right and the result is online.

After the competition these results could be move to their real categories, if the testing was successful of course.

@Lucky_n00b I will add a donation link to the next release! Please don't sell any of your stuff, better bench it with BenchMate! ?

• Like 2

• Crew
1 hour ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

"Could not initialize BenchMate driver! Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source [#577]"

Any ideas?

Marco

Try a fresh install, I ran into exactly the same issues with my AM4 install, gave the exact same error on AM3 as you had. A fresh install on AM3 and all was fine

Edited by Leeghoofd

I'm guessing the usual rules apply, specifically for SuperPi 32M "PI calculation is done!" dialogue box must be shown as well as the usual CPUz tabs? If that is the case, do you want us to report non-compliant results (or should we just wait until the end ?)?

Edited by cbjaust

• Crew
2 minutes ago, cbjaust said:

I'm guessing the usual rules apply, specifically for SuperPi 32M "PI calculation is done!" dialogue box must be shown as well as the usual CPUz tabs? If that is the case, do you want us to report non-compliant results (or should we just wait until the end ?)?

Better to report now so the people have a chance to rebench before the end.

• Like 1

Please have a little patience until version 0.8 is ready. It's very close, testing just revealed a minor problem that will take a few additional hours. I really want the first public release to be solid!

Feel free to test with 0.7.1 though if you have the time.

@marco.is.not.80 Is this an OEM version of Windows 10 (like preinstalled on a notebook)? If yes, the driver needs to be signed by Microsoft as well to work and that's why you are seeing an error. Will do that of course for future versions after testing was successful.

Also check the system time, it needs to be correct, not like in the year 2088. ;)

Edited by _mat_
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, _mat_ said:

Please have a little patience until version 0.8 is ready. It's very close, testing just revealed a minor problem that will take a few additional hours. I really want the first public release to be solid!

@marco.is.not.80 Is this an OEM version of Windows 10 (like preinstalled on a notebook)? If yes, the driver needs to be signed by Microsoft as well to work and that's why you are seeing an error. Will do that of course for future versions after testing was successful.

Also check the system time, it needs to be correct, not like in the year 2088. ;)

It's a retail version of Windows 10 I purchased directly from Microsoft. I didn't really want to reinstall because this machine is my daily and wanted to take your suite out for a test drive and put it through some of the same hurdles I put our in house developer's stuff through at the company I work for currently during a security audit. Stuff I'm sure you are already familiar with - DLL hijacking, API hooking, etc. Obviously if it needs to be signed and my version of Windows 10 Pro (updated to the latest patch level as of yesterday) isn't able to verify it that maybe something is wrong with my certificate store but you seem to suggest that it's not signed which I'm trying to understand how people reinstalling got it to work?

• Crew
13 hours ago, _mat_ said:

You do your thing mate, Really appreciate the work you've been putting in for this and whenever you get that donate button setup let us know!

5 hours ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

It's a retail version of Windows 10 I purchased directly from Microsoft. I didn't really want to reinstall because this machine is my daily and wanted to take your suite out for a test drive and put it through some of the same hurdles I put our in house developer's stuff through at the company I work for currently during a security audit. Stuff I'm sure you are already familiar with - DLL hijacking, API hooking, etc. Obviously if it needs to be signed and my version of Windows 10 Pro (updated to the latest patch level as of yesterday) isn't able to verify it that maybe something is wrong with my certificate store but you seem to suggest that it's not signed which I'm trying to understand how people reinstalling got it to work?

Hehe, you will find lots of your work inside BenchMate. DLL injection with API hooking is one of the things necessary to be able to fix the benchmarks, add working timers etc. :)

A driver file signature can't be verified on certain preinstalled Windows 10 versions due to the new mandatory attestation testing for drivers to get the additional signing by Microsoft.

2 hours ago, _mat_ said:

Hehe, you will find lots of your work inside BenchMate. DLL injection with API hooking is one of the things necessary to be able to fix the benchmarks, add working timers etc. :)

A driver file signature can't be verified on certain preinstalled Windows 10 versions due to the new mandatory attestation testing for drivers to get the additional signing by Microsoft.

Soon we will start hearing questions like "Do you have the working version of Windows 10 or the older version which stopped working?" ?

Anyways, I'll figure something out - maybe this is a good time to a fresh install lol.

Marco

40 minutes ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

Soon we will start hearing questions like "Do you have the working version of Windows 10 or the older version which stopped working?" ?

I don't really get it. All Windows 10 versions will work as soon as the driver is signed by Microsoft. It's just another bullshit "security" restriction that they can't really enforce, because ... it's bullshit.

Edited by _mat_
  • Thanks 1