HWBOT Community Forums

Country Cup 2020 Design Thread

yosarianilives

2 hours ago, superpatodonaldo said:

2x single gpu is quite simple, isn't it?

sadly there are a lot dualgpu vgas broken or not working...try to get some gtx295 for the TC2020: 4 vgas all broken ?

Personally I'd love to do a gpu limited dual gpu stage, but I may be biased with a library that includes radeon pro duo fiji, 390x2, 295x2, 690, and soon s9300x2 (server version of pro duo fiji), also pretty sure I have a 7990 somewhere

On 9/29/2020 at 12:58 PM, d0minat0r said:

Yes maybe cheap one but if you buy 10 pieces is not that cheap :D

but way cheaper than only one 10900k/3950X :P

i hope for some old school stuff like super pi and 3DM 01. And old school hardware like DX9 crossfire and sli... cheap but not to easy.

Edited by Luebke
  • Like 2

i´d like a cpu-frequency fullout. therefor a cheap pentium 4 can be as strong as an 10900k. lots of LN2-fun for small money :D

maybe best 5 in different nm, so you can´t only use skylakes like 6700k, 7700k, 8700k, 9700 and 10700k, but have to use for exsample a 14nm cpu, 32 nm cpu, a 45 nm cpu, a 65 nm cpu...?

Edited by Luebke
  • Like 1

• Crew
On 10/20/2020 at 4:02 PM, yosarianilives said:

Could we swap hyperpi for normal pi? Hyperpi runs threads of superpi but isn't actually multithreaded as far as score is concerned, just runs more instances 

That makes it just more interesting and stressfull,  plus the average score counts. Also Instances = processor cores... dare to innovate ?

3 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

That makes it just more interesting and stressfull,  plus the average score counts. Also Instances = processor cores... dare to innovate ?

You can set the number of threads it uses, it'll be set to 1 thread and downcored. I'd rather we run normal pi so we can at least get pts for it. If you want a weird multi instance of pi then at least do system stability tester