HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2011 thread: information, videos, comments and more ...

Massman

Don't make it too complicated guys .. it much be actually doable :)

Especially if MSI hasn't confirmed anything themselves..

And one personal request is to not disterb too much when everything is going on. Between rounds is fine, but when bussy i rather not have people with cameras in front of us asking for interviews :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crew

hehe yeah it will be a bit DIY but should work :)

But we know from experience how bandwidth is ect, so we keep it very simple and do it for fun and the sake of OC as said.

Well for the interview I'll try to record them all before and after. but I need you guys to be ready for it. It's just 10min before (can be un the thursday, day of Arrival) and then after (during the breaks or at the end)

BTW at the end, please don't run away or run to the panel discussion, so we can do quickly something with the top 3 teams.

I think we should get Neo Sibeko 'theoverclocker' & James (something) 'youngpro' for the live talk, if possible.

Skip the rev4 part as scheduled, no need to give massman a valid reason for failing ;-P And F1OC is dead, and was never running properly anyway..

Additional topics could be;

Events in generel - rules for these, how/why the vendors misunderstand overclockers (the famous debate of a humble event over exclusive hotels etc.)

As you already know; I am up for the fulltime speaking.

Henry; There is no way of avoiding the cam, however, the questions you can avoid :)

"During the live, we will give out 3 Headsets to Competing Overclockers so that they can easily connect to the audio and share their progression, and also give their opinion on the different discussion topics. They will also be able to talk between themselves to discuss easier problems they could encounter live etc.

Off course as these people will be competing they won't talk all the time. "

Have you talked to anyone about this ? I could imagine that massman would be one of them. But personally I would like a bit space if I was overclocking and then have other people to report instead of trying to do two things at one time.

But I think that the discussions topics looks good! Can't add more

• Crew

Yes, as I said they will be busy while clocking so it's mainly interesting while running a full 32M run, or during the break between benches :)

We can have one headsets for press, but you guys can bring your equipment and join as well :) Always good to have multiple point of views

I dont know if Massman has been consulted, I would personally like to have one, atleast, that has not participated much in live events... G.Foyle, Stelaras or someone "known" from hwbot and/or XS, but not regularly participating in live events.... But hey - might just be a stupid thought.

I think main thing is if the overclocker would like to.... One I am sure that is willing to participating is MONSTRU.

Massman, please update first post with this picture;

moaemea.jpg

EDIT;

No disrespect, but interested participants, especially among the contestants, should have a "good" level of spoken English - otherwise you are likely to end up stressing yourself and performing less in the competition of which should still maintain in focus.

*Please dont take it as you must be a native, we still got Trouffman, ya know? ;-P

Edited by M.Beier

Rumours go that there will only be one CPU for each team. Hope the rumours are not correct.

moa americas

me using vaseline ;p gives options of using many cpus..

but moa americas only let me use that 5.4ghz cpu..(NO CPU or GPU SWAP!)

winning team will get best cpu..

good luck to everyone..

hope the rule changes so that there will be no cpu limitation..

good luck

Last time we did the OC-TV panel I think the thing I remember is giving Mean Machine a hard time since I was surprised to hear him speaking English like a Midwestern US AM talk radio host... LOL... I also think it was a good new spin on the live stream, though I was tired as hell by the end and getting up at 2 am to be awake for it :P

The good thing about this year's broadcast should be that OCTV is basically allowed to do everything since the initiave is from their side. That means they can experiment (headsets for instance) and see how things turn out.

I'm hoping they can get arranged to see screenshots of the incoming results. Or just catch the flow of incoming results.

And one personal request is to not disterb too much when everything is going on. Between rounds is fine, but when bussy i rather not have people with cameras in front of us asking for interviews :)

I can imagine it to be difficult for 3DM11, but on the first day there is so much time it should be possible to spend like 5 minutes for interview. Lol, there is like 2h30 minutes preperation time. That's enough time to set up, cool down, get scores ánd kill your hardware.

Last time we did the OC-TV panel I think the thing I remember is giving Mean Machine a hard time since I was surprised to hear him speaking English like a Midwestern US AM talk radio host... LOL... I also think it was a good new spin on the live stream, though I was tired as hell by the end and getting up at 2 am to be awake for it :P

I suppose I'll be doing the same this time, only compete at the same time. Might as well, since I don't hold too high hopes for any too good results. :D

• Crew
The good thing about this year's broadcast should be that OCTV is basically allowed to do everything since the initiave is from their side. That means they can experiment (headsets for instance) and see how things turn out.

Bad news guys, I discussed with Master Giorgio this morning, we cannot do the headset thing for one reason. OCers competing aren't allowed to have laptop on the desk or anything that could be used as an additional storage drive. So the headset thing for overclockers won't be possible, cause it's to complicated to control and make sure people won't use the laptops to transfer screenshots or whatever other thing :/ Too bad...

Any idea of how we could solve this problem ?

• Crew

I don't know how the guys will do to access info .. maybe computer is allowed during the setup time ...

The problem because there is a lot of ambient noise on these events, putting the laptop away from the table would mean activation fo the microphone on sound level .. which will be difficult. I was planing to have push key to talk, which makes the sound much better when multiple people are in the same noisy environment.

Wireless headsets are much to expensive anyway ... and doesn't solve the problem of mic activation. (or ... wireless keyboard, laptop under the table .. xD We need then 3 wireless keyboards.