HWBOT Community Forums

The big MSI MOA 2011 thread: information, videos, comments and more ...

Massman

• Crew

it's just not possible, easier when people open their mic when they want to say something and cut it after so nobody hears things that shouldn't be heard :P - no doable ^^

We need at least keyboard on the desk for activating the mic. No choice on that.

I clearly understand that MSI people can't check in addition to what overclockers what they do on an extra laptop.

The simple thing is laptop not accessible and wireless keyboard on the desk I think.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how the guys will do to access info .. maybe computer is allowed during the setup time ...

The problem because there is a lot of ambient noise on these events, putting the laptop away from the table would mean activation fo the microphone on sound level .. which will be difficult. I was planing to have push key to talk, which makes the sound much better when multiple people are in the same noisy environment.

Wireless headsets are much to expensive anyway ... and doesn't solve the problem of mic activation. (or ... wireless keyboard, laptop under the table .. xD We need then 3 wireless keyboards.

Is there any software avail for Android?

• Crew

Gamer have keyboard for voice activation ... no need an extra button out of the keyboard, wouldn't be uses anyway.

Other problem, because it's a last minute planing we have no camera >< besides hd webcam which is far from beeing as nice to use as a real camera. And it's to short for trouffman to send me now the cam by courier...

I'm checking video equipment rentals in Turkey. Any turkish friend that could help on that ?

• Crew

Hey guys,

I think we should drop the headset thing for this event due to the rules.

So that means, we may have some headset for the press attending the event, if some of them want to participate in the debate ;)

Edited by Trouffman

• Crew

We can anyway only use one PC to stream as no livestreaming platform allow to have separate tracks for sound and video and mix alternatively videos form different feeds with one single audio track coming out of a virtual interface.

(oen cam stream is easy, then the streaming systems reach their maximum and you need to invest into IRL equipement for video mixing etc ><)

Anyway, I discussed the whole thing again this afternoon with trouffman and massman. We came to the conclusion that 3days is definitely to less to prepare a "proper" live show stream. End this even more for different reason, we miss additional notebooks, we don't have the proper camera available in EU on that date (shipment time is way to short now) and it's too much complications and "IF" that makes that we prefer to deliver something "simple" that works than make promises that we will for sure not able to realize.

Yes, we could rent cam and equipment but we haven't the time for this now, and not the money anyway.

So for this MOA EMEA, I propose that we simply not do live show stream, and if stream there is, it won't be more than a simple cam.

We are working on a solution do bring you the screenshots of the scores almost live, and this should be interesting with information on frequencies etc ;) Besides of that we will realize the usual after-movie and try to release during the competition pre-competition interviews made with the contestants.

Sorry about that. Next time timings will be better for sure.

• Crew

Would be cool that people that did enjoy the previous broadcast etc, tell their thought about it, either to MSI or here. it's super great to have Live Competitions, being able to meet people etc, having the score board and discussing about the performances of everyone, but always better to see it live :D

But as this kind of event is for a worldwide audience, worldwide overclockers, wolrdwide marketing, even if it's only a region that is concerned, the NEED for a video feed with animation and content you can actually watch, enjoy, share and discuss is no longer an OPTION and should become something MANDATORY.

It's 21th century, We all want direct information, we all like to read reporta and see the picture and the videos, but we do really love to show directly in video, like a TV-Show / TV-game. This wasn't possible before because of the technologies restriction, but now on it's much more easier to bring great content and high quality AS LONG AS organisor supports it...

This is happenning for the EMEA, because the organisor did not thought that a live broadcast was mandatory, a must-have and something that a load of people would enjoy... That's, from my point of view, a strange move, regarding that we've almost broadcasted all the events since 2008... (Including All the MOA "Finals").

We do hope that at the APAC fianl we could be supported for providing the Live video feed, as for the WorldWide, it's almost sure we will have it. !

Regarding our past experiement, Europe timezone on satruday is the best time ever to have live video broadcast becasue a lot more people can watch it compare to America / east asia broadcast :) (not by much but still)

Finger Crossing, hope that any vendors will now define the video stream as something they must have among with the beers after the competition ;)

Enjoy guys :D

• Crew

hehe, no worry guys the OC show from MSI will be nice anyway. We'll do our best it can't always be perfect but we have to keep in mind that OC competitions cost money, it is in any way a disaster if for this one time there is no stream or a very very basic one. ;)

Please don't remember that part and just enjoy the coverage that will be give

Edited by Xyala

what about a simple HD Cam and laptop .. just lay it somewhere (or from the roof) to get a overview of the event, and stream it. Together with the online scoreboard, people at home will at least get an impression about whats going on.

Just keep it simple :)

As a judge or competition organizer I would not want contestants accessing phones, laptops, or using headsets for the same reasons as we disallow the use of phones during GOOC.

As a contestant I also would not want the burden of wearing a headset and interfacing with a comms system detracting from my focus on benching.

2c

yeah , looking at the scoreboard is booooooooooooring...

we want to see Jonas get a nosebleed again !!

I'm working on some form of malnutrition, so you just might get lucky. But then again, maybe MSI will actually feed us in Turkey unlike in France last time round, when all we got was some bread crumbs.