HWBOT Community Forums

Futuremark / UL full of invalid and cheat scores marked as valid , yes FM / UL is not safe from Shenanigans going on, on Hall of fame !

chispy

This is something i have been scratching my head over for a few months now. Futuremark / UL has some obvious problems when it comes to score validation , it has failed in my opinion to address this issue that has been brought up to their attention by many users. There are a lot of obvious invalid results by any standards but it is approved and mark as valid ???

Take this example of what is going on and prof that Shenanigans are going on with validation approved , tampered with scores.

There is a guy with multiple accounts on Futuremark / UL by the name of Escapee / Escapeee / IKasHI / and i believe he might have other accounts with other nicknames ( Might be H2o vs Ln2 / Slinky in disguise ??? maybe ...

This shit started with him blabbing and bragging how good he is of an overclocker and how easy it was to beat gamernexus and jay2cents in port royal during their youtube jay vs gamernexus port royal competition with his Asus  RTX-3090 and a mere 4790k cpu with an old hardware set up in overclock.net forum. He got called out by many users in ocn about his score was not possible on that configuration , then brag about beating kingpin in Port royal , bragging about beating OGS in Port Royal , etc... He is number one now at FM/ UL port Royal. I find it impossible to believe his scores , in my eyes if some noobie unknown overclocker is beating the true legends of overclocking something might be wrong , After Luumi posted yesterday and smashed the WR for single card with his kingpin rtx-3090 high clocks on ln2 , that same guy escapeee made a submission right away beating Luumi awesome score in Port Royal wish i find hard to believe.

How can an unknown user on the overclocker scene beat all of the true legends of overclocking ( OGS , kingpin , Luumi , rbaus , dancop , etc... ) at the most demanding benchmark of all Port Royal ??? . To make the very long story short he stopped posting on the ocn forum after his scores were reported by many users to Futuremark / UL and he got called out in ocn rtx 3090 thread.

I did some digging and investigation on my own and what i found was quiet disturbing , sadly i quickly found out that FM / UL validation scores can be made up / hack / tamper with / mess with / etc ... to make it valid when it is obvious the scores are not valid. A lot of Shenanigans are going on right now with invalid and impossible scores approved and made valid in FM / UL.

Please bare in mind this user has an account here at hwbot by the name escapee but he has not submit any submissions , 0 , zero , nada. 

Take a closer look and dissect this scores , look at the OS used , always the same w10 OS ( same OS w10 64-bit Windows 10 (10.0.18363) old version 1909 , look at the Asus rtx-3090 used and look at some of his scores temperatures and clocks , look at the FM UI number used IKasHI and Escapee scores used the same UI and the scores upload it just a few days apart. Using the same nvidia driver in all 3 of his accounts valid subs . Same unknown guy 3 different accounts beating everyone. wtf is going on  ? I'm tired of seen this Shenanigans happen again and again :(  , what's wrong with the mods and adm at FM/ UL , as far as i know a lot of people has reported this scores , even myself and they did nothing. If it walks like a duck , quack like a duck , smell like a duck  = it is probable 100% a duck ? for sure ...

Judge for yourself and ask FM / UL adm and support what is going on with this scores please. This is not fair...

https://www.3dmark.com/pr/437766

https://www.3dmark.com/pr/417677

https://www.3dmark.com/pr/703262

https://www.3dmark.com/compare/pr/417677/pr/703262/pr/437766#

Screenshot 2020-12-28 152801.png

Screenshot 2020-12-28 153121.png

Screenshot 2020-12-28 153339.png

Screenshot 2020-12-28 154236.png

Screenshot 2020-12-28 154719.png

lol.png

Edited by chispy

• chispy changed the title to Futuremark / UL full of invalid and cheat scores marked as valid , yes FM / UL is not safe from Shenanigans going on, on Hall of fame !

@Leeghoofd , @OGS @Luumi , @rbuass , @Dancop , @keeph8n , @Splave , @safedisk , @Rauf Please let me know what you guys think is going on  ,and if something can be done to make valid scores more secure and how ? This really affect hwbot subs for 3D as it is now required valid FM / UL valid links. Thanks in advanced.

Kind Regards: Chispy

Edited by chispy

• Crew

Well what a coincidence. Me. Luumi &, Stavros were talking bout this guy this week. Why post there, but not at HWBot. I don't think it's our mutual friend, but him as well is playing his typical game. Luumi would contact Pasi from UL to find out who this Aussie is. So hopefully we will have more news soon... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luumi said:

Yeah that whole thing is a joke. For the last 3 submissions or so he has always had same clocks, only the score somehow goes up over and over again. @Leeghoofd @chispy

Hola amigo Luumi , Hopefully they will take action this time because it seems the guys at FM / UL just do not want to deal with it. Talk to them my friend and let them know our concern. I have notice that too  , for the last 3 times his subs were beating kingpin , OGS and you  but always  with the same clocks on the gpu but the score keeps going up and up each time someone lands in first place. 

2 hours ago, Johnksss said:

What up Brother @chispy ! I see you are on the job!

Do they have any idea on how to combat these issues or is the same wait and see tactics that have not worked in the past?

Also, is there a bug in the steam version of 3dmark that can be exploited?

Hey hola my brother John , i have no idea what are they going to do as it does looks like an exploit. It's going to get worst if they do not take any action now. let's see what FM / UL will do about this. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, chispy said:

Hola amigo Luumi , Hopefully they will take action this time because it seems the guys at FM / UL just do not want to deal with it. Talk to them my friend and let them know our concern. I have notice that too  , for the last 3 times his subs were beating kingpin , OGS and you  but always  with the same clocks on the gpu but the score keeps going up and up each time someone lands in first place. 

Hey hola my brother John , i have no idea what are they going to do as it does looks like an exploit. It's going to get worst if they do not take any action now. let's see what FM / UL will do about this. 

This is true!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Leeghoofd said:

UL removed the current scores till they have more proof. I'm checking with the Aussie OC community if they have any idea who this elite Ocer is. I emailed Escapee to provide proof via screenshot/setup rig by submitting here at HWBot.

I'm in contact with Mr. Jarno and this has been his responses so far on this situation: 

copy/paste from the email responses i have receive form Mr.  Jarno Kokko QA & Support Lead at FM / UL.

1. We are aware and investigating the situation. You are not the only one reporting this. We just prefer to act after some deliberation and with hopefully a more permanent solution. -- Jarno Kokko QA & Support Lead.

2. Quite a number of these results have been invalidated. Search will take a while to notice it but frankly due to being middle of holidays right now, nothing I can do about it. We don't want to play whack a mole, so a better solution is needed but it doesn't happen instantly. -- Jarno Kokko QA & Support Lead.

It looks like they finally acknowledge this huge problem with validation and started an in deep investigation and looking for a permanent solution for this. Glad to hear FM / UL finally listen and doing something about it. A lot of scores has been remove.  If there is a problem people should should stand up and speak about it if they don't , things do not improve. Thank you @Leeghoofd and @Luumi for standing up for what is right and doing something about it. Appreciate it !

Kind regards: Angelo

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MetalRacer said:

Strange that for the 4790k and 7700k scores it shows no display connected to the GPU.

image.png.b50e4ee62935e4604225f3f889eb2bb9.png

Those boards have onboard video.... They may read differently. Speculation of course.

@chispy What about that lucid situation, that wouldn't be happening here would it?

And what exactly was his cheat to get those scores? or better yet, what are they saying is the cause for them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnksss said:

Those boards have onboard video.... They may read differently. Speculation of course.

@chispy What about that lucid situation, that wouldn't be happening here would it?

And what exactly was his cheat to get those scores? or better yet, what are they saying is the cause for them?

I do not know what's happening with the lucid software situation but they are doing a deep investigation on this ? , they do not disclose  how the cheat scores were done. Right now they are in Holiday vacations , later they should release a statement i hope.

• Like 1

Escapee made me laugh so hard today :D , he is trolling himself with a youtube video of someone running Port Royal lol , no idea why he has not shown pictures of the whole set up running on Ln2 or a proper video showing his mighty powers running the set up on Ln2 lol . He has not post here at hwbot yet. he did not show his Bios number on the video claiming he is using an xoc 1000w bios.  Really lame attempt to make a claim that he is number 1 right at this moment and broke port Royal WR on youtube since some of his scores were remove and one account ban at FM / UL.

Have a laugh here guys ? -

Edited by chispy

He went through all that trouble and did not include a single picture of shunt mods, voltage control or cooling setup. Does not help his credibility.

It's a bit worrying that 3dmark can be fooled so "reliably". 

Edited by Rauf
  • Like 1

The fps counter moves in a very unnattural way. Its updating too fast. And in real life it kind of "sticks" at certain intervals to show the same fps or just within 0.1 to 0.2 fps. It does not do that in his video. There is definitely tampering with some kind of software to fool 3dmark. 

• Like 1

Interesting also that one second in really life is like 3s in the video ? (unless it's intentionally sped up).

Couple other notes. Using z97 for a reason. If you can afford a 3090 and ln2 xoc gear you wouldn't use this. Perhaps skew bclk is working without error there?

As rauf said no rig pictures (random water cooling pic weird) yet has the need for attention doesn't equal out. If a guy taking the time to decently edit this video if was legit would be showing off his sick mods and ln2 setup? As far as I know he would have to have an evc also to oc strix that high? Maybe elmor has sales records?

Hopefully 3dmark can do some forensics and figure out whatever hacks being used to trick system info as well as the benchmark. If some random can beat the protections in place, i would just assume others are. Not a good look.

There was a early version of this video where it was mocking out jay-z with his own clips of benching 3090. Also it showed a rig pic with an ek water block. That was all edited out.

Quote from ocn 

"+1. I intentionally cut the trace on the PCIE fingers for ground and +12v and routed them to another 8 pin reducing the vdrop along this plane (3x 8 pin on the board, another 8 pin to feed the PCIE - will void your warranty 1000% if you do this but you gain some extra oc stability)"

Edited by Splave
  • Like 1