HWBOT Community Forums

The official HWBOT TEAM CUP 2021 - MEMORY thread.

Leeghoofd

• Crew

They used identical sticks of Corsair dominator GT 2000C8... same platform, same cpu, same pictures, just slightly different timings... and no subs were deleted, just removed from the compo or correctly filled in and than filtered by the API

Add CPUZ SPD tab from now...

2 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

They used identical sticks of Corsair dominator GT 2000C8... same platform, same cpu, same pictures, just slightly different timings... and no subs were deleted, just removed from the compo or correctly filled in and than filtered by the API

Add CPUZ SPD tab from now...

These are not identical. One is US, other is Taiwan, serials are different (see photo). Mobo, CPU were same, correct, but it's not a problem for a MEM stage team competition, right?

To clarify: same series kit is not ok to participate at all? So you can't use two different kits of same series, like Dominator GT DDR3? Or logic is "same SPD = same kit", like you can use kit of 1866 + 2000 with no problem, but not 2000 + 2000?

Anyway better to add this clarification to rules.

image_id_2548571.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StingerYar said:

These are not identical. One is US, other is Taiwan, serials are different (see photo). Mobo, CPU were same, correct, but it's not a problem for a MEM stage team competition, right?

To clarify: same series kit is not ok to participate at all? So you can't use two different kits of same series, like Dominator GT DDR3? Or logic is "same SPD = same kit", like you can use kit of 1866 + 2000 with no problem, but not 2000 + 2000?

Anyway better to add this clarification to rules.

image_id_2548571.jpeg

Pyprime is a memory bench on hwbot so I think can share cpu, but for example ddr4 ycruncher stage is a cpu bench on hwbot so you could use all one mem kit even if it's in the "memory benches" comp

• Crew

And how must one figure out which kit exactly was used, the Taiwan or US version, a mix? Really this reasoning is mind blowing... 

For Project 2022 we have to introduce a barcode scanner so people must scan their gear before competing...

If you had filled in the memory model used you would have discovered only one sub would count. 

rules.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Leeghoofd said:

And how must one figure out which kit exactly was used, the Taiwan or US version, a mix? Really this reasoning is mind blowing... 

For Project 2022 we have to introduce a barcode scanner so people must scan their gear before competing...

If you had filled in the memory model used you would have discovered only one sub would count. 

rules.png

What about for the other stages where cpu is the main active component in dB? 

Just clarifying - one team member running Dominator GT v2.1 2000c7 and another running Dominator GT v2.1 2000c8 will be fine, right? This would, off course, be visible in SPD tab. Since hwbot itself doesn't differentiate between different Dom GT bins

19 minutes ago, Leeghoofd said:

it is always a different CPU required for 2D, same for GPUs in 3D... try it and submit with the same CPU, only the best score will count... you have been here before right? ?

Yes, but say ycruncher stage. It's in the memory comps but it's considered a cpu bench in dB. So I bench with a friend and we run different cpus but same memory kit is that allowed? Same for am2+ 32m? Since they still require spd tab in sub

• Crew
3 hours ago, ground said:

Just clarifying - one team member running Dominator GT v2.1 2000c7 and another running Dominator GT v2.1 2000c8 will be fine, right? This would, off course, be visible in SPD tab. Since hwbot itself doesn't differentiate between different Dom GT bins

I fear not, as it will be the same Dom GT for the API...

• Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...

Please help me understand it better for am2+ or am3 cpu’s and what is allowed. 

From what I read in the above I read that a Phenom II X4 940BE cpu’s are allowed but Phenom II X2 550BE is not. 
This seems strange since this is the exact same architecture. It is just that the 550BE has 2 cores less (which can be enabled on some…). Both work on AM2+. 

Please explain it to me because I think I missed something.