HWBOT Community Forums

ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 APEX | APEX 14

On 1/17/2022 at 3:55 PM, splmann said:

Hi ,  here a screenshot :  So how can i unlock it to use more then 1.435 Volts ? 

image.thumb.png.8f00b117c46f692f6c23380dd1ebf134.png

Hi What company's memory are you using?

First, enable high voltage mode in bios, you can check it with OCTOOL

Edited by safedisk

Guys, I see you all are having great success with the Hynix memory and is it safe to assume that these beta BIOSes are mainly geared towards them? I've only got a pair of Samsung based DDR5 and they are doing 32-35-35-52-1T @ 6000 completely stable but I'm using the latest release BIOS from the Asus website. Are any of these newer released BIOSes being posted better suited for Samsung or should I just stick with what I'm on? I know these things can do better..

6 hours ago, marco.is.not.80 said:

Guys, I see you all are having great success with the Hynix memory and is it safe to assume that these beta BIOSes are mainly geared towards them? I've only got a pair of Samsung based DDR5 and they are doing 32-35-35-52-1T @ 6000 completely stable but I'm using the latest release BIOS from the Asus website. Are any of these newer released BIOSes being posted better suited for Samsung or should I just stick with what I'm on? I know these things can do better..

iam not sure about Samsung IC´s cuz i dont have some Dimms, but there where a few Samsung optimized Bios Versions like 0022 i guess. Retail Versions shouldt be fine and its remommendet to find the right Timings and Voltage settings for each Memory. I can tell you it took me a few weeks of testing to get there

Thanks, P5ych0, I guess I'm just not sure if those optimizations from earlier test BIOSes made it into the latest production releases. I assume that for maximum memory performance one probably never ends up using what is on the ASUS site and sticks with what was custom tweaked for a specific memory type. I will check out 0022 - sounds like you answered my question ?

Much appreciated!

One thing is for sure - playing with DDR5 is super fun and quite shocking by how incredible it performs. I haven't had this much fun since early E and B die days ?

Edited by marco.is.not.80
  • Like 2

Well i realy think that some good optimizations found there Way to the Retail Bios Versions, like non PMIC OC ?
Right now you shouldt try Bios 0080 for a spin, it seems to be the best Bios so far as i couldt find some nice Improvements for Hynix OC and also for CPU LN2.

I can say a bit more the next two Days cuz i have some ongoing testing on cold CPU.

Apex can do a very good Job, but its a bit more Work as on previous Gen´s. Its so much fun when you got it running, and your DDR5 learns to fly.

This Result is done with only 1,418v Memory Controller Voltage for Fullpot. On other Bios my 12600k needs 1,475v+ depending on Memspeed

screen013.jpg

Edited by P5ych0
  • Like 4

Im not having any luck with Dimm A. It maxes out at 6400 where Dimm B can do 7200

2 similar samsung kits, both yield the same result

Any thoughts or just a bunk board?

Ive tried many bios versions, same result. was hope 0023 or 0031 might do the trick but to no avail.

Thanks for all the great resources here!

Edited by ProKoN

On 1/25/2022 at 2:20 AM, ProKoN said:

Im not having any luck with Dimm A. It maxes out at 6400 where Dimm B can do 7200

2 similar samsung kits, both yield the same result

Any thoughts or just a bunk board?

Ive tried many bios versions, same result. was hope 0023 or 0031 might do the trick but to no avail.

Thanks for all the great resources here!

I have 2 Z690 APEX
the first board have a maximum boot at 6200Mhz on DIMM_A & 6400Mhz on DIMM_B
And the second board have a maximum boot at 7000Mhz on DIMM_A & 7400Mhz on DIMM_B
Both motherboards are boot tested via Ram T-Force Delta 6400Mhz.

I think some boards are actually having issues with RAM slots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Frenzi3d said:

I have 2 Z690 APEX
the first board have a maximum boot at 6200Mhz on DIMM_A & 6400Mhz on DIMM_B
And the second board have a maximum boot at 7000Mhz on DIMM_A & 7400Mhz on DIMM_B
Both motherboards are boot tested via Ram T-Force Delta 6400Mhz.

I think some boards are actually having issues with RAM slots.

kool.Bunk board I guess, Back to Amazon. Thanks :)

Tested 2x 12700kf. one imc did 7000 the other did 7200

Edited by ProKoN