HWBOT Community Forums

Voting for WR for Global Records to enthusiasts

YOU ARE IN THE ENTHUSIAST LEAGUE! If you want the points, move to a higher league. Honestly, these rules have been in place since the start of rev.4, and I'm sure you're not the first person affected by this, so suck it up or change leagues.

On a side note: I personally could care less which way it goes, it's not my site, but the ever revolving door of rule changes for "special cases" needs to stop sometime. Seriously, granting yours is just going to open the floodgates for everybody to plead their "1 off" cases for rule changes. I remember a lot of time was spent by the staff making sure the classes and rules were fair for everyone, and I'm pretty sure there was a thread or two asking for user input..........and everybody liked the changes then. Now all of a sudden, there's been and endless stream of "that's not fair" or "we need to change this" in the last couple months. Not singling anyone out here, I'm just sayin'...................

Are you on the Brazilian team? Hmmm.......lots of turmoil there lately. Again, just sayin'...................

*off soapbox now*

Why are you insinuating against the Brazilians?

Because you are from U.S. and have no good results, or cause you are seeing one more Brazilian with a world record?

If people thought like you, we still in a Rev1, because the things that should be corrected would be always wrong.

Any changes made were intended to improve, and change of rules including points for enthusiasts,

will make the rules more fair....

Edited by Faster

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the only crying here...

We are only talking about to fix the rules...

if you have no a good argument against it, do not mention Brazil or evoking Jesus Christ.

Just limit yourself to try to prove that the guy beat the world record, should not make him deserving to win the points.

I've got nothing to cry about. I get all my points because I'm in the right league to receive them, and I read the rules.;)

You too could do this and there would be less crying.

BTW, nobody said it wasn't great work to get that WR, just do the right thing to reap the rewards instead of making everybody else make changes to accommodate you. That's all I'm saying.

Back to that same old dance? Yeah, yeah, I'm from the USA so I harbor resentment against Brazil because I don't agree...blah blah blah. Jesus christ stop your crying. Honestly, It's getting old.
...old history...Jesus Christ...OMG....let Jesus Christ out of the discussion =D

No use arguing with you.

For you the rule is a rule and if everyone thought like you, we would be in a HWBot Rev1 yet ... nothing would have changed, and never would change forever ...

For other ways of thinking, the rules should be changed, not to adapt the results (which are not mine, and not from anyone on my team, but I think they are more fair).

When the rules were created to review 4, was not thought that a guy from enthusiast league should beat one guy from league extreme overclocker.

Now the rules have proven to be wrong.

A person using a simple water cooler able to break the world record, and only for being the league enthusiast, did not receive their deserved points.

Hence someone with limited thinking, answers ... "You should change to the league for extreme overclockers" ... but it's the non sense thing,

I think that someone who does not use LN2, does not use dice, does not use phase change,..do not move to extreme overclocking using watercooler.

completely meaningless.

You have no idea what I'm talking about. Those who do, understand. I'll leave it at that. It will be discussed no more.

Sorry Man ... but i dont live in BRAZIL at 10 years ...im live in JAPAN ..

but off couse , i dont know what it happens ... I just think they should rethink the scores of enthusiasts league anyway .. it was some work to achieve these results...

Sorry Man ... but i dont live in BRAZIL at 10 years ...im live in JAPAN ..

.. it was some work to achieve these results...

Nice. I spent 4 years in Japan. Not disputing the results at all, it's great.

Tell you what, If the rules change for the Enthusiast league, I'll ditch my Dice scores and move down to the EL with you guys. I'll only use my water chiller. Think that would be fair?

Nice. I spent 4 years in Japan. Not disputing the results at all, it's great.

Tell you what, If the rules change for the Enthusiast league, I'll ditch my Dice scores and move down to the EL with you guys. I'll only use my water chiller. Think that would be fair?

well .... running water in the cooling ... would be fair yes ... in my town in winter temperature reaches -10 ... and I think they would be ambient,...... in this case ... what would be fair? a heater in front of the radiator? I know you really complicated to discuss type of refrigeration .... but again I say, that the enthusiasts also deserve WR points...

I notice a lull in the conversation now. I'll finish it for you.

You: "but that would be against the rules to chill the water to sub ambient temps".

Me: "Ahh...but water is water right?, and unless you can actually look at the picture of my system that I'd have to submit, and tell the temp of the water in the loop from it, you wouldn't know if it was 1c or 31c, and that 30c less temp might just be enough to maybe take that WR right away from you, and maybe some of your other points too".

You: "it's not fair"

Me: "oh yes it is. Maybe we should change the rules".

See where I'm going here? It's a slippery slope my friends. Be careful what you wish for.

Edited by Mr.Scott

I think this is not a correct way...

Thats for all...

Why do not vote???

That's the thread title

"votting for WR for Global Records to enthusiasts"

I vote to "add WR points to Enthusiast League...

Then all can give opinion... to add or not add points...

This way nobody can tell is not the more democratic way of thinking.

For years (or atleast as long as I have been around) people have screamed at the unfairness of HWBOT putting people with big money and big cooling systems into the same league as people trying to get along with air or water.

HWBot, after a good while took notice and with this rollout seperated the leagues in order to give users on air and water a chance. It was a welcome addition at first, with lower budgets and cooling system finally able to compete in their own right.

As far as I understand it, the WR points are kept out of the enthusiast league, because one would imagine, that with only air and water to compete with, that you just got that WR with sheer money spent on hardware (not saying the results weren't earned). That takes away a level of competetiveness for everyone else in the enthusiast league, which is meant to be there for anyone and everyone to be competitive in.

You may think it's unfair you don't get your big WR points, but as I see it, the enthusiast league is serving it's very purpose by not awarding you those points. You're one person, and while I can see your point, how fair do you think everyone else will think it is in the enthusiast league when they see they'll need to spend big on hardware to compete?

This is all just opinion and ofcourse based on my understanding of the purpose of the enthusiast league, which could be way off or ill explained but I decided to share my input anyway.

For years (or atleast as long as I have been around) people have screamed at the unfairness of HWBOT putting people with big money and big cooling systems into the same league as people trying to get along with air or water.

HWBot, after a good while took notice and with this rollout seperated the leagues in order to give users on air and water a chance. It was a welcome addition at first, with lower budgets and cooling system finally able to compete in their own right.

As far as I understand it, the WR points are kept out of the enthusiast league, because one would imagine, that with only air and water to compete with, that you just got that WR with sheer money spent on hardware (not saying the results weren't earned). That takes away a level of competetiveness for everyone else in the enthusiast league, which is meant to be there for anyone and everyone to be competitive in.

You may think it's unfair you don't get your big WR points, but as I see it, the enthusiast league is serving it's very purpose by not awarding you those points. You're one person, and while I can see your point, how fair do you think everyone else will think it is in the enthusiast league when they see they'll need to spend big on hardware to compete?

This is all just opinion and ofcourse based on my understanding of the purpose of the enthusiast league, which could be way off or ill explained but I decided to share my input anyway.

Well, WR boints are awarded all the way down to 10th place or something like that. He's probably not the only one who lost boints because of this. He's just the first one to complain about it. It's not like this case is extreme in any way, so definately not a special case.

Define "compete". This guy is just one of many enthusiasts. Say he pulls ahead like mad, I'd say fighting for 2nd is still rather good. Even in this league you need cash to reach the top spots, but less than the other leagues (+ you don't need to be a coolng expert).

I see it from this angle: Sponsored overclockers in the pro league get WR boints when running prebinned and free (sponsored) hardware. An enthusiast who buys all his own parts don't get them when he beats the big bucks. Ridiculous!

Well, WR boints are awarded all the way down to 10th place or something like that. He's probably not the only one who lost boints because of this. He's just the first one to complain about it. It's not like this case is extreme in any way, so definately not a special case.

Define "compete". This guy is just one of many enthusiasts. Say he pulls ahead like mad, I'd say fighting for 2nd is still rather good. Even in this league you need cash to reach the top spots, but less than the other leagues (+ you don't need to be a coolng expert).

I see it from this angle: Sponsored overclockers in the pro league get WR boints when running prebinned and free (sponsored) hardware. An enthusiast who buys all his own parts don't get them when he beats the big bucks. Ridiculous!

Completely agree knoplerbruce

An enthusiast who buys all his own parts don't get them when he beats the big bucks. Ridiculous!

The idea of not giving WR points to the enthusiast is to not require the people in that class ("people who have to buy their gear") to spend tons of money to be able to compete for WR points.

The rule was added specifically because people have to spend their own money :).

The idea of not giving WR points to the enthusiast is to not require the people in that class ("people who have to buy their gear") to spend tons of money to be able to compete for WR points.

The rule was added specifically because people have to spend their own money :).

the current rules I better have a i5 2500k @5Ghz and 8800GT than a i7 2600k @5.5Ghz and 2x 6990.....this is be enthusiastic?.....These rules require us to be buying old hardware to have good points......please, rename Enthusiast League to Museum League =D

the current rules I better have a i5 2500k @5Ghz and 8800GT than a i7 2600k @5.5Ghz and 2x 6990.....this is be enthusiastic?.....These rules require us to be buying old hardware to have good points......please, rename Enthusiast League to Museum League =D

There IS an alternative..........the OC league. Ohhh, that's right, you don't bench sub zero. Newsflash: Dice is a lot cheaper than the hardware you're benching. There's no excuse.

Thank you!

I see that as ridiculous too.

The choice of what league you happen to be in is up to the individual and yes, if you want to jump up, you can if you want to.

I have to agree that if you set a WR you should get credit for doing just that since after all, it's a record right?

I will also throw in in regard to one having to spend $$, that's entirely up to the individual bencher. If they want to pursue a WR, it's their call to assume the risks by doing so and I do realize vs sponsored benchers this is an uphill battle with no easy way down but again it's the bencher's choice to do so.

As to whether benching newer stuff is enthusiastic according to the rules about the Enthusiast League, that's up to you whether you want to do it that way or not. Some folks simply don't have the means to step up so they have to do it however they can. It doesn't serve any purpose to look down on them at all in a condescending manner except to prove one's arrogance.

It may seem to be a museum but there are those amongst us that know better so please, don't go downing anybody or everybody in the Enthusiast League.

The rules stated for what is what are clear and yes I do come out of the museum from time to time and do my thing with newer hardware even if I'm still in that league - That's my call to be there and I'm the one who'll have to deal with it. I like seeing what I can do with what I have and I learn by doing each time I pull off a run, that's how I see it and no prob to do it.

I do understand what's meant by newer stuff not doing so well vs old to have good points but there is no need to insult the entire Enthusiast League with the museum reference. It's something we all have to deal with according to whatever league we're in like it or not and the choice whether one stays where they are or not is up to the bencher except in cases where they may have no choice based in an individual's circumstances. As for those who could step up, no one is twisting anybody's arm to say they will have to do it or remain where they are now.

For my part, I like the challenge of competing with the guys in leagues above me and seeing how well I can do vs their results and hey, one day I just might make the move if things work out for me - You never know but understand that's my call to step up or not if it's possible to do so. I'm benching with limited means ATM so I'm making do with what I have to do it with but having a working knowlege of HVAC makes a big difference.

BTW I do have some museum-grade relics that can throw down and I can prove it too.

Edited by Bones