HWBOT Community Forums

Voting for WR for Global Records to enthusiasts

I would like to clarify that all Rigs ultilize for me to win the WR Points were also purchased with my own money :D

the Rig (i7 990x ES (H2O) + 4x GTX580 (H2O)) and the Rig (i7 2600k (H2O) + 2x HD6990 (H2O)) assembly was made for my daily use....

who want to check step by step the assembly of some of them just get on my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/mamunaco

edit:

we could have a poll just to avoid further "clashes" :D

Edited by Faster

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/5461/capturarxn.jpg

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/9427/capturar2dc.jpg

nothing convinces me that this is unfair!!!! I have 115 WR points that just did not help at all.....

with these 115 WR points I would be Emperor of Overclock.....if anyone here not think it is important, must leave the Hwbot....

these 115 WR points were the hardest to win....I have dedicated much time and money to get them....

I would like a definitive answer of moderation....so as to define my future here....thx

(thanks for the help Google Translator =D)

Faster Benchmarker

Edited by Faster

A competition comes as it comes; each of the three leagues have their own rules and it's upto the participant to figure out how to gain positions in the league. For the enthusiast league, we chose to not have WR points count for a valid reason (enthusiast ~ low entry cost). Although this thread was very interesting as people brought up valid arguments in favor or against allowing WR points to count for this league, I don't see the benefit of allowing WR points.

In other words: if you want the WR points to count for your personal total, you should maybe consider moving to the Overclockers League. With the passion and effort you currently put into overclocking, I actually think that moving up one league will give you a greater challenge than staying in the enthusiast league anyway.

A competition comes as it comes; each of the three leagues have their own rules and it's upto the participant to figure out how to gain positions in the league. For the enthusiast league, we chose to not have WR points count for a valid reason (enthusiast ~ low entry cost). Although this thread was very interesting as people brought up valid arguments in favor or against allowing WR points to count for this league, I don't see the benefit of allowing WR points.

In other words: if you want the WR points to count for your personal total, you should maybe consider moving to the Overclockers League. With the passion and effort you currently put into overclocking, I actually think that moving up one league will give you a greater challenge than staying in the enthusiast league anyway.

this is your opinion....my opinion and others is very different from yours....you should listen to other opinions and at least put to a vote!!! if the rules are so good, do a poll and find out the truth :D

A vote where 150 of your forum members say "yes" and all other people don't really care either way? :)

You started this thread with a suggestion. It has been discussed by many people, each with their own opinion. I listened to the opinions, explained why we made the decision in the first place, then considered the different arguments and made a conlusion. The conclusion being that the league is how it is and there's no real need to change it.

A vote where 150 of your forum members say "yes" and all other people don't really care either way? :)

You started this thread with a suggestion. It has been discussed by many people, each with their own opinion. I listened to the opinions, explained why we made the decision in the first place, then considered the different arguments and made a conlusion. The conclusion being that the league is how it is and there's no real need to change it.

"...Although this thread was very interesting as people brought up valid arguments in favor or against allowing WR points to count for this league...." (these are your words).....if this really happened, it would be a vote ideial....if you do not accept it because you doubt even if the rules were fair and good....this is clear as the sun :D

Sigh.

I don't put a vote, because I am confident the rules are fair and good the way they are now. If I was in doubt, then I'd put up a vote and go with what the majority wants.

you talk it because you're not in the enthusiast league....change to there that will understand what happens!!! everyone looking for old hadware to gain a more consistent scoring....it is sad to see it happen....this has nothing to do with being enthusiastic...

with CPUs and VGAs increasingly cold, is a tendency to get enthusiasts closer to overclockers....you wanting or not wanting Massman.....so it is only fair that a WR Point has the same value for all leagues....

The word enthusiast in the Enthusiast League stands for: "people who like hardware, but don't have the funds or opportunity to overclocking top-of-the-line hardware or use exotic cooling such as liquid nitrogen".

I'm getting increasingly annoyed by you trying to become #1 of a certain league by forcing us to change the rules. The rules are what they are. There's plenty of stuff you can do that requires a lot of effort and will yield no increase in points; it's not because you do them that suddenly the rules should change so you will see benefit from them.

The word enthusiast in the Enthusiast League stands for: "people who like hardware, but don't have the funds or opportunity to overclocking top-of-the-line hardware or use exotic cooling such as liquid nitrogen".

I'm getting increasingly annoyed by you trying to become #1 of a certain league by forcing us to change the rules. The rules are what they are. There's plenty of stuff you can do that requires a lot of effort and will yield no increase in points; it's not because you do them that suddenly the rules should change so you will see benefit from them.

"A vote where 150 of your forum members say "yes" and all other people don't really care either way?" (his words, "friend").....do you all think that polls are irrelevant here....

why then have that vote?

(Voting for Maxxmem2 giving points with 3 diferent options, or not giving points)

strange? :D

Massman explained his point of view and given the role he has at Hwbot I think you have to accept it (or mention at least some new aspects to discuss about even if it is unlikely that this will turn around anything).

However can somebody please rename the thread title? "Voting" looks a lot better. :)

While I don't fully agree with all of massman's posts here, I do agree to the fact that it's a good idea to keep the enthusiast league a bit "rookie-like". Even though you deserve the points, you're still not the type of bencher that should be in the enthusiast league at all - you SHOULD step up :) And if you step up, there is no problem... :P

• 6 months later...

If a participant in a lower league to get a better result than a participant in a higher league, deserves more points, a plus, it would be fair. Recognizing the merits of who comes down is not no sin. I see here people from the major leagues losing feeling pressed for a WR to a participant in a minor league. Today is Faster, tomorrow I can be who is going through this situation. Are cases like this that made me the one time benchmark.

Using Google translator .. :)