HWBOT Community Forums

Voting for WR for Global Records to enthusiasts

There IS an alternative..........the OC league. Ohhh, that's right, you don't bench sub zero. Newsflash: Dice is a lot cheaper than the hardware you're benching. There's no excuse.
I realized their arrogance.....I do not talk to you more.....thanks for nothing....end.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents.....If peep @ enthusiast level can afford a 990X and 6990s or 590s ($3600..equal 12 pcs. of "good batch" 2600Ks to bin or a gemini pot+ endless supply for LN2 for probly 2 weeks benching straight) why in the hell they don't want to step up to the next level?. Lol

C'mon, you can't stay @ sixth grade forever...f(L)uck it and move on

Edited by dumo

My 2 cents.....If peep @ enthusiast level can afford a 990X and 6990s or 590s ($3600..equal 12 pcs. of "good batch" 2600Ks to bin or a gemini pot+ endless supply for LN2 for probly 2 weeks benching straight) why in the hell they don't want to step up to the next level?. Lol

C'mon, you can't stay @ sixth grade forever...f(L)uck it and move on

much respect to the enthusiast league....why do you think the other Leagues are a next level?

the decision to change league is just my....the discussion here is about WR Points for Enthusiast Legue.....and not whether I should or not change of league.....

you should focus on the subject of discussion, baby ;D

Who's frickin baby?

Thats just my opinion man. Its all up to you and also its all up to the administrator of this site:)

We just members here...If I don't like it, I will bounce outahere asap!!

Stop complaining and start benching

Edited by dumo

Who's frickin baby?

Thats just my opinion man. Its all up to you and also its all up to the administrator of this site:)

We just members here...If I don't like it, I will bounce outahere asap!!

Stop complaining and start benching

now I understand your opinion.....I saw that you have ZERO WR Points.....Stop complaining and start benching =D

lol

Stop complaining and start to submite right (you have more than 50 blocked submissions) ;)

btw with all ressources you have, you may want to join at least OC League or even pro league, you own a computer shop right ?

just my opinion, but guys who have access to all that hardware for free have nothing to do in the enthusiast league

Edited by Christian Ney

lol

Stop complaining and start to submite right (you have more than 50 blocked submissions) ;)

btw with all ressources you have, you may want to join at least OC League or even pro league, you own a computer shop right ?

just my opinion, but guys who have access to all that hardware for free have nothing to do in the enthusiast league

Enthusiast League (Ranking)

1st nachtfalke

Global Points: 164,10

Hardware Points: 470,60

Total Points: 634,70

2nd poparamiro

Global Points: 154,30

Hardware Points: 476,70

Total Points: 631,00

3rd Moose83

Global Points: 123,40

Hardware Points: 469,50

Total Points: 592,90

4th Jurky

Global Points: 151,80

Hardware Points: 436,00

Total Points: 587,80

5th WhiteLion

Global Points: 115,10

Hardware Points: 392,60

Total Points: 507,70

6th Faster (me)

World Record Points: 55,00

Global Points: 126,20

Hardware Points: 360,10

Total Points: 541,30 - 55,00 (WR Points) = 486,30

then these profiles should change league?........

Edited by Faster

???

Everybody who are better than you should change league ?

Then when you will join OC League they all will have to move to pro league :D

".....you own a computer shop right ?

just my opinion, but guys who have access to all that hardware for free have nothing to do in the enthusiast league"

You said it!!!

I havent made any insinuations, I know you own a computer shop. I said it and you didn't deny.
I live in Japan....and sometimes sending hardware with low prices for my friends of Brazil...I do not have a computer shop....and also I do not understand the direction this conversation.....personal?.....I'm not demanding a change in the rules.....I just want to open minds to new possibilities.... Edited by Faster

Fixed :D:D :P
this would be perfect for you, since even you being in Overclockers League do not have any WR Points :D:D :P

edit:

I agree...I used wrong words... thats no fair rename Museum... i was nervous and writed wrong stuff....

But sure I did not agree I have no my deserved points, cause I do not want bench sub zero, and I do not put in risk my hardware to sub zero.

Edited by Faster

The enthusiast league is for ambient cooled rigs, right? That should be the only factor that matters. It's not a low-budget league, it's a league for people who don't go subzero.
exactly! today we have 15000 people in Enthusiast League.....with the implementation of the WR Points in this League, the competition will be much more fun.....otherwise we will be forever doomed to fight for hardware points (old hardwares) :D

WR Points :D:D :P

edit:

I do not put in risk my hardware to sub zero.

What's with you and these WR things:)

You tested hardware that probly already paid by its owner...probly the reason you afraid to go subzero.

Another league will be suitable for you..."commercial league" where hardware store employee/owner can compete and bench using their store hardware inventory (make sure you insured it). Lol

Edited by dumo

I do not think we should take the personal side, but discuss what the best solution.

On the one hand, if we add points for the league enthusiast, I think we would be doing justice to this particular case, and of course, possible that new cases may appear (IMHO).

If we are against, we are accepting that the rules are just all right and need no adjustment.

My opinion is personal and I have already given.

I think that the enthusiasts, mostly, do not want to risk isolating your equipment with Vaseline, Armaflex, making mods, and by submitting its components for high voltages and this is certainly the vast majority of people participating in this house.

In my view, is not why should not receive the points of global record.

This is not to think of expensive hardware or cheap.

Today we can see Sandy Bridge processors (for example), binned, in the air, beating results in sub zero.

Imagine that a person can get a super hyper 59X processor that makes the air (hypothetical) and brake good WRs.

He does not deserve the points?

Or someone else with 2 HD 6990 broke another record ... we would continue with the same rules?

I think the only reason that the WR were added to the league, was the fact that, because they have very few competitors in a position of having 4 video cards

And consequently very few points to the record holders.

The WR is a way to offset this.

The proposal should be a vote to know what the majority thinks, and depending on the outcome, think and evaluate whether it is worth or not to change the rules.

OMG...my english must be horrible

Edited by rbuass

I vote aginst WR points in the museum league!

A rule is a rule, everyone now it before, if i like it to play in the museum division, hey hey i win win and i got no championship place :(

Read the rules, take your decision where you like to play and don't cry anymore Faster.

4x GTX580 and 2 X HD6990 cost more then all my hardware that i bench and i payed all with my own money.

Thx Chris to put me in the Pro league, but i try to start in the OC league, if i find a cascade and/or single stage.

@sof okay this weekend with LN2 and i can change the league :P