HWBOT Community Forums

LN2 costs

Mean Machine

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Finland we still pay 8€/liter + dewar (5€/day). So take 60kg and pay 471€ for it :)

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/350635/august-17-2010/newsweek-ranks-the-world-s-best-countries

Yeah, we are the best, cause we pay more than others ..right?

It's a bad sign when it's cheaper to take all your gear, travel and bench in another country, than to bench in your own garage/shed/room :(

• 3 weeks later...
austria:

i checked a bill back from 2007 where i paid 0,34 euro per litre.

dont know about now, but i think, it didnt change much.

haha. ive also looked on an old bill (linde gas) had paid ~25€ for 25l. bill was from 2010.

now the new price: 50€ for 25l. without an own dewar.

For those with high prices, have you tried to negotiate better prices?

Depending on where I buy, and how I negotiate... a person can pay anywhere from 50 cents to several dollars a liter. There isn't a set price in their system for the LN2, so different people pay different amounts. I worked my way down to 50 cents a liter, and it helped getting to know the guys and explaining what I was doing - they know I don't make any money and I do it as a hobby. I expect the doctor's offices and mechanics buying it for their business pay 2 to 3 times as much as I do.

Just a thought, in case negotiating/begging/pleading may help others.

I have a deal, it's just that the invoice wasn't according to that. Not that it'll become 50 cents cheap, but at least it'll reduce the costs with 30% or so.

Besides, the health and safety regulations in this country are immense. Even AGA (Linde) themselves think they sell bottled witchcraft that will kill everybody who comes in contact with it.

This is how I pickup my LN2. It's an hour drive, and typically about 3 hours including fill/payment/BS time. Just got home with 80L, $.50/L... Bubba is in the background, he rides along and sleeps next to the dewar in the back.

[attach]1180[/attach]

hahahahahahahahah

You're a fool!

beautiful car ln2