HWBOT Community Forums

The official MSI MOA Americas 2012 thread.

CL3P20

Like i said Congratulations to everyone that played. My apologies to the community for the drama.

If i had not recieved pm's and emails from 7 people in the HWBot community i would not have pushed this. But i did. And like a man i owned up to it and like a man i am apologizing for it. There is no need to push me any further. You know who you are. Leave it alone.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy shiot nows the time to post a 7970 lightning on ebay cotdamn! $900 thats more than I paid lol

Im sure it was not MSI's intention to have no stock, Im sure they would have rather been able to SELL their products to the contenders. But great work to all the guys that ran reference cards, you had to work 10x harder then us with lightnings....my wife could have clocked this card to 1680/1920 ;)

Glad this is over, because now its IVY TIME!@!#$@#$

@Duke

Lightning was not needed to win MOA, and you can get a very good Lightning or you can get only a regular card.

My best card was a reference, and I got better score than mine to MOA.

http://hwbot.org/submission/2258829_

This score using 1.03 3DMark11 version is hardest and my MOA score using the cheatweaker to 1.01 version (that gives lots of points more).

The diference to the Lightning and to the reference is that reference, to go to the max, needs hardmods

That was my best card...I killed because VRM is not strong and mosfet was burned.

177rrr.jpg

219rrz5.jpg

29y59jk.jpg

11jpzid.jpg

There are more work to try with reference, but you can see reference cards running 2000 Mhz at RAMs easier than Lightnings and their clocks GPU clocks similar.

Now...a question.

Some people complain about to have no acess to hardware...now...can feel what we from Brazil need to feel always.

If Lightnings was dificult to find there...you can understand for us...all...ever...can be hard to find.

FYI, '""there are NO ONE" X79GD 65 or Big Bang official import in all Brazil"...I think it shows how hard is to get hardware here.

My X79 GD65 was killed benching, and I looked for another one to improve my result...because I did not know what good result competirors coud have...

I did not find any one, in any place...and to import from ebay, can delay 1...2...3 months in the customs...

So I asked MSI Brazil...and the X79 still not arrived to Brazil.

I hope you understand.

I really loved MOA...looking forward to know my friends will be there in Taiwan.

rbuass, a big bang and gd65 was not needed to win this competition. I could have won first place on a gd45...its the lightning that won them. Why did you buy 3 of them if they were not necessary ;) Its never fun when hardware is not available I will agree to that. :D congrats on 2nd and 3rd place guys!

The problem is not to be Lightning Splave.

The problem is to have a MSI card (reference) with a BIOS that works hardest way.

Since I went to USA, I did prefer to buy Lightnings than reference... but MSI reference "was not available" too.

Since I was never tried one Lightning, sure, if I was in USA, prefer to buy the Lightning cards than reference (with a detail that, before to get the Lightning, I was thinking it must be so better than a reference, but noticed that it clocks is pretty similar...but not good VRM).

To win is needed a complete rig...so even you binned lots of CPUs that we can not bin in Brazil (lol).

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-237951164-placa-me-msi-x79a-gd45-chipset-x79-lga-2011-box-_JM

http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-237949872-placa-me-msi-x79a-gd65-chipset-x79-lga-2011-box-_JM

There are the 2 only places in Brazil selling the X79 MSI "now"

Is no official import...

GD65 (4D)- in the picture is about USD 700 and GD45 is about USD 600

I loved to go there...because I can go to places you have no in Brazil.

To give you a simple exemple.

To buy clothes for my daughter for 1 year and 9 months, there is a very good brand called Carter.

A set from 60 to 70 dollars in Brazil, I can buy U$6 or U$ 7 for an outlet.

I do not say that I bring a truckload of stuff from there and the trip ends up paying my work (That's a pity I can not always do this).

P.S. about GD45 I never tried, but even is good, I am sure is not SO good as GD65 or Big Bang

@Splave - one more time, congratz to your well deserved result...so...will happy to meet you in Tw.

Let's have fun there again.

Edited by rbuass

Idk man, think I had about 6 Jägerbombs, 6 Beers, then we started shots and I lost count. I do remember using dentlords concealed carry permit to get in to the one clubs lol while he was right behind me.

You looked pretty rough the next morning. Congrats on the win

Some trash talk for the masses. If i had a lightning i would have pwned 3D11 in this comp with a 5.1ghz cpu. Unfortunately i didn't have the mods for the reference that Rbuass. The one mod i had killed a rare 600.00 MSI OC version card. Those were not my only losses. Try a 1K 6ghz 2500K also. Yea i just forked out over 3k for a lousy $180.00 motherboard. Thank you very much. :) It was fun though. And i just might buy a ticket to Taiwan for the fun of it. Really. :) I need some time away from the business.